Have you had/will you have the flu jab?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
So I'm booked in to have the flu jab on Friday but I've heard lots of bad things about it. Friends have said it made them really ill for a while and I never had it done with my son.
Will you have it done? Have you had it done?

X

I had it during my last pregnancy and I got it a couple weeks ago with this one. I didn't get sick either time.

Ive had it done and I was fine. Didn't make me I'll or anything. :)

Had one a month ago. My shoulder hurt a bit after but I was/am fine.

I had it done a few weeks ago, I was absolutely fine! :) my arm didn't even ache that much afterwards, and I didn't have any illness from it. I think it's worth having in the long run. :)

I have had it with both pregnancies, and my 2 year old will be having one in the next couple of weeks.

Been fine with it :)

My work requires me to get a flu shot every year (I work on a medical campus). The shot makes my arm ache for a little bit like a Tetanus shot, but it's never made me sick.

Yeah I've had it with all of my pregnancies didn't make me ill! At worst you may feel slightly coldy for few days after but it shouldn't make you really unwell x

Myself, husband and 2 year all had it last month and no issues here!! Good luck!!

I had it last month and no feelings of illness at all.

Yep, I had it a few weeks ago, achey arm that day but fine other wise :) two year old had the spray today, hoping he's the same!

I'm completely unvaccinated nowadays for health reasons.

The flu vaccine seems to be more problematic in pregnancy. If you'd like to read some critical views:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/11/10/vaccination-during-pregnancy.aspx

https://chriskresser.com/the-truth-about-flu-shots-and-what-to-do-instead/

I had the flu jab 2 weeks ago, and other than an achey arm near the injection site had no ill side effects.

Really you just have to bare in mind that there are colds aplenty at this time of year, so any colds afterwards are merely coincidental. People are too quick to jump to conclusions about it due to scaremongering stories.

Like most everybody here my flu jab made my arm hurt for 2 days, that was the only side effect. When half the teachers at school went out with the flu, I never got so much as a sniffle.

i had my flu shot at 16 weeks with my son. no side effects, he's as healthy as a horse.

i had my flu shot this time around at 12 weeks, and no problems at all. baby is right on track, growing like a weed!

I never have flu vaccines & I've never had the flu either. We don't vaccinate fr flu. We are healthy (ish) and have no severe issues with immunity. So, if we get the flu, we'll have to pull through. Vaccine doesn't protect against all flu viruses either.
We opt fr only necessary inoculations.

flu can be a lot more severe/dangerous in pregnancy, so I think its wise to protect yourself against the strains that you can protect yourself (and your baby) against, like the majority of posters on here the only thing that happened to me was that my arm hurt for a bit

Yes I had mine. No side effects apart from an aching arm. I've had flu once in my life and hope to never have it again, it's awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->