• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"have you put him on the potty yet?"

C

cherryglitter

no because he is like, 13 months and he has no idea about anything apart from he wants to eat my food.

seriously, what is with people.

i know the feeling about ppl asking and kind of rolling eyes when you say no because she is nowhere near ready she has no idea when she wants toilet at the mo

Tell me about it :dohh: I get asked that all the time too. Drives me mad.

it really is stupid. i don't understand why it's so important. i thought it was normal for babies to not be potty trained until they're like 2 or something!? and i even thought that was early.

i don't know. were we all potty trained at like 9 months or something :rofl:

Do you find it's older people who ask? It was much more common to start potty training before the first birthday a generation or two ago. I suppose it takes some getting used to that it generally happens much later in our culture than they did. Just let it pass you by!

seems to be a very common question to ask for some reason! i just say 'yes'. I don't elaborate! He has sat on it many a time, he thinks its a seat :D

I havn't had anyone ask me that yet but 'when is she gunna walk' is over (because shes walking now). They will move on to another Q..'when will....' lol

i have people askin me and LO is only 5month saying "when are you starting" crazy people :haha: doesnt help the MIL saying all hers were potty trained before 1!! well good for her :haha:

I thought babies couldn't "feel the need to go" till about 18 months? so how would you know when to do it?!

Personally I don't think its that bad, yes it gets on your nerves after a while but its just like asking do they eat apples, or do you give him juice, is he a good sleeper. My LO is 22 months and I was being told at 9 months she was ready to be sat on the potty as well.

But, for me, I don't quite go with the argument 'they don't know whats its for', as they don't know what anything is for until an adult shows them, and I for one certainly don't sit and pee on a potty so how was my LO going to know unless I helped her to understand? I know some people will disagree with that statement and that's absolutely fine and right and normal. But that's my opinion.

But don't let anyone pressure you, if you don't want to put your LO on the potty or do anything else for that matter, its completely up to you. It drives me nuts the way some people seem to think they can tell mum's what to do, whether by a gentle, polite nudge or downright badgering ultimately its the mum's decision to do what is best for her and her baby in their circumstances :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->