HB louder?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by djgirl1976, Apr 27, 2009.

1. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

Sorry if this sounds like an idiotic question, but just used doppler. I hadn't in a few days and this time, I found HB right away, and it seemed stronger and louder than ever before.
    Now, I am not worried, obviously, I think this is a great thing, but what I was wondering, is does this continue the farther along you go?
    If so, that will be great:happydance:
    Next few weeks will be a lot more fun if I can just whip out the doppler and hear babay loud and clear right away(at least it will be more fun for DH who hates to watch me fiddle with finding HB)
    It would make sense that this is normal, but since I have nothing else to base it on, I figured I would ask those of you who are a bit farther along with dopplers.

2. pink_princess

pink_princess Well-Known Member

Hi! I was wondering this because i first heard the heartbeat myself at just under 12 weeks, im not 15+2 and the last couple of times i have tried i have found it right away and its been really loud! It took ages and ages the 1st couple of times to find. x

3. karentia

karentia pregnant

hey im 13+3 an i find it varys from day to day ! i read its cause sometimes babys near the front of belly an other days nearer the back xxxxxx

4. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

Yes, karentia, I have heard that as well, however, it just seemed SOOO much louder today, and I hardly had to press with the probe at all. Just seemed like a big difference. I was convinced that this baby was in my back somewhere until today, but now I am not so sure. Thought maybe it was just getting big enough that it might be a bit easier to find. Lord knows, it ain't because I am getting any smaller....bhwahahahaha:)

5. Cazza89

Cazza89 Mummy of 1,expecting no.2

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow. Been listening since 12 weeks. It depends where the baby is and how it's positioned as to how loud it is. Last night i could hardly hear it, today it was very loud! I love it when it's nice and clear, loud and sounding like a train! X