Hcg Counts with Different Pregnancies

hellojello25

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I had a question for you all who have had at least two pregnancies - did your hcg counts vary much between your pregnancies?

Like, with my son, at 5w6d my hcg count was 8671. With this baby at 5w6d (I think, I don't know for sure that's the correct day), my hcg count was 7988, which isn't much of a difference between the two.

So my question is: were your hcg counts about the same, or were they different, and also what gender did the baby turn out to be?

I'm wondering if this little bean could be a boy because the hcg counts are very similar! We aren't finding out until the birth :)

Even though almost 2000 doesn't seem like much it is a big deal in the beginning so it is possible your baby could be a girl this time. Anyways to answer your question my hcg level was 55,000 at 7 weeks with one of my girl pregnancies and 47,000 at 7 weeks with one of my boy pregnancies so for me it was true that my levels were slightly higher with my daughter. Btw I have naturally high levels and go through horrible MS because of it.

I'm not convinced about the hCG levels as at this stage how far along you are is likely to change. I have heard people say they believe a higher hCG is a girl though!

<3

Oh, all mine have been way different! I'm a surrogate doing IVF, so I have first betas for 4. (With M, I was a traditional surrogate. No beta that time.)

A (girl): 245 at 10dp5dt
J (boy): 406 at 10dp5dt (the other embryo arrested early, but that's why the super high beta there, they had both implanted at that point)
K (girl): 59 at 10dp5dt
Baby ? (currently ?): 188 at 10dp5dt

Every baby does their own thing, in my experience.

Mine were vastly different with doubling speeds ranging from 27h to 73h.

Thanks for the responses ladies! I wasn't putting much stock in the numbers, I just thought it would be interesting! :D

Turns out I was actually 6 weeks when I had my beta drawn for my second child, so the hcg difference is pretty significant.

Anyways, thanks again for answering! :D

At 5 weeks my hcg level is 2380 is that normal for 5 weeks any help would be great thanks

That helps me feel a lot calmer, Dobby, while I wait for another scan on this baby. There's been so much random bleeding, the slow doubling time worried me. But baby has a heartbeat, so parents and I are staying cautiously optimistic.

Bindi, your number sounds pretty good for 5 weeks! It's higher than mine was with Kate or this baby at that same stage. Hope you have a happy, healthy 9 months!

That helps me feel a lot calmer, Dobby, while I wait for another scan on this baby. There's been so much random bleeding, the slow doubling time worried me. But baby has a heartbeat, so parents and I are staying cautiously optimistic.

Bindi, your number sounds pretty good for 5 weeks! It's higher than mine was with Kate or this baby at that same stage. Hope you have a happy, healthy 9 months!
Thank you me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->