Hcg level

Bundle of joy

Reaction score
Had tons of positive preg tests had blood test done they said its 5ml
They said they can't give me a direct answer on it and want me To re test in 12 days. I'll lose my mind by then 😐 anyone had this before

5 is considered as pregnant by some doctors; others want it to be 25. In any case, 5 (in my experience) means you either are pregnant or were pregnant. They want to retest to see if your number increase. 12 days seems a bit long. They should be repeating the test after 48-72 hours and looking for that number to double. I would call them and have them get you set up to redo the test in a couple days.

I completely agree with Dobby.

They didn't check your progesterone?

How many DPO are you?

What pregnancy test were you using that picked up a HCG level of 5?

First response is what I have been using and other cheaper brands. Although today I have woke up with what can only be described as period pains and bright red blood. This doesn't sound good does it? I had bright red blood with my daughter at 6 weeks but not the pain

could be a chemical pregnancy? you could always do a hpt or do one tomorrow?
good luck :hugs:

Just to say, ive had 2 chems this year-1 last cycle...positive tests for 7/8 days, cb digis and everything but my tests all were neg on a tues with fmu and i didnt bleed until a good 24 hrs later.

I'm getting the strongest positive I could possibly get though. Could this not be implantation bleeding ? As the cramping has stopped and the bleeding has gon very light

Some women, like you, have some bleeding early. I would get a blood test done on Monday unless you have a hospital lab open on Saturdays nearby like my spoiled butt lol. I have had everything for globs of clotty blood to cramps on that immobilized me on the floor and been fine. If the tests are getting darker and the pain goes away then I wouldn't worry.

I am coming off 2 back to back chemicals, and with the the first 2nd lines stayed EXTREMELY faint, and were gone by bleeding, the second I got faint lines, but also gone by bleeding.
I think you may be having early breakthru bleed.
Hopefully it subsides and all is well!:hugs:
12 days is ridiculous tho

When I had a chemical in April -- I had two positive tests ( a digi and dollar store) and then a digi said not pregnant two days later and I started bleeding the same day... so I agree that it could be breakthrough bleeding if your tests are getting darker. good luck.

First response is what I have been using and other cheaper brands. Although today I have woke up with what can only be described as period pains and bright red blood. This doesn't sound good does it? I had bright red blood with my daughter at 6 weeks but not the pain

Wonderful that you have nice dark test. With my chemicals, they never got dark

Hey! The fact that you have very positive tests sounds promising! :) with my chemical the tests were always very faint and never got darker. Hope you get some answers soon. Good luck :flower:

I am coming off 2 back to back chemicals, and with the the first 2nd lines stayed EXTREMELY faint, and were gone by bleeding, the second I got faint lines, but also gone by bleeding.
I think you may be having early breakthru bleed.
Hopefully it subsides and all is well!:hugs:
12 days is ridiculous tho

Have you had your progesterone checked? Sounds low

Does this look like it's going darker. I am
Highly confused and don't know what to think. Going back hospital at 6 for bloods again they have agreed to see me. If it was a 5 Friday and I am still pregnant what should it be around today?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 18
They are getting darker. How far apart are you taking them? You want the number to double every 48 hours, but it can take upwards of 72. So if it is near 10 then you can breath easy :) FXed keep us updated

Every 12-24 hours I'm doing tests, started bleeding yesterday morning bright red and stopped a few hours ago, last bit of blood was black/brown thickish :/ .... Fingers crossed it's good news. I am convinced it's not though.... Xx

Brown blood is old blood. Could be delayed implanting or just breakthrough bleeding. Taking the tests every 12 hours is not going to do you any good. Daily or even every other day will show a better progression. Relax and stay positive. I know it can be easier to prepare for the worst, but try to hopeful.

Thanks Hun. Like a mad woman about it. Hate being in the unknown

Honestly, I wouldn't consider unknown. You're pregnant. You have three positive tests and a blood test of 5 is considered pregnant at my doctor's office. Your tests are getting darker, especially if you are only taking them 12 hours apart. I'd be really shocked if you got anything other than good news at the doctor's today. CPs don't tend to get this dark or darker. It's more faint positive one day and bfn the next and AF soon after. Anything close to or over 10 today is great.

If you want to spend the money for ease of mind, I would take a digital. I recommend FR Gold Digital (if you're getting lines like that on their line test you will deffo get a positive on their digital) or a CB Advanced Digital with Weeks estimator (I don't have personal experience testing early when pregnant with these but I have heard good things). It might help you relax if you see the word pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->