Hcg lvls scan worried

MissyX90

Pregnant with number 2
Reaction score
Okay I'll give all details

Last period 13th April

Positive opk 23 April

Period due 9th may

I got a bfp and what would be 13 dpo I had my hcg lvl checked it was over 300 my doc seemed a bit worried about that and booked me for a scan for when I'll be 6 weeks going by last period but as I know when I ovulated if I I planted straight away I'd be only 4 weeks at the scan surely that is too soon to see anything so why is my gyne booked me in so early ?? It would actually kill me if they said there is no heartbeat

300 hcg at 13 DPO is great...I don't understand why your doctor is worried about that.

Yeah me either my doctor even personally called my gyne ... Then she phoned up I think it's way too early for a scan ....

Uh, that is a TOTALLY normal level!!! What is up with your doc?

That's great!!! Average at 14 dpo is 100 so really seem like your doc doesn't know what he's talking about:shrug:

I do know why doctors can worry about high Hcg levels in early pregnancy, but 300 isn't a worrisome level. It would be more like 1000 at 13 dpo, and the doctor would be worried about a Molar pregnancy. I'm not telling you this to give you something to worry about, you are no where near the scary high range, I'm just telling you this because you are asking what he is worried about. Also, at 6 weeks, and when a doctor says 6 weeks, they are counting from your last period, it would put you at about 4 weeks gestational age (from conception) the doctor should be able to see a gestational sac and yolk sac, but it's iffy if you'll see a heartbeat that soon, but they would be able to rule out the molar pregnancy at that stage.

She said to see the heart beat but it could be she didn't want to scare me ... I was also on bromocriptin

Also worried as my tests are faint and my hcg lvls seem a lot higher than everyone else's at this stage ... I don't even feel pregnant apart from twinges and cramps

Also worried as my tests are faint and my hcg lvls seem a lot higher than everyone else's at this stage ... I don't even feel pregnant apart from twinges and cramps

You can't go by test anymore as they can be affected by how diluted your urine is and what time of day etc as you can see since your levels are 300+. Not having your actual hcg blood levels reflected in your urine test is a perfect example to other gals who keep testing after their bfp and worry about progression. Your hcg levels are in normal range and hopefully you will see a heartbeat at your appt but you very well may not so just try to relax! I didn't see aheartbeat until 6 weeks 2 days and we were absolute on my dates.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

You can't go by test anymore as they can be affected by how diluted your urine is and what time of day etc as you can see since your levels are 300+. Not having your actual hcg blood levels reflected in your urine test is a perfect example to other gals who keep testing after their bfp and worry about progression. Your hcg levels are in normal range and hopefully you will see a heartbeat at your appt but you very well may not so just try to relax! I didn't see aheartbeat until 6 weeks 2 days and we were absolute on my dates.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Thank you think I'm worried as I was soo Ill with my son and my tests where strong also why did doctor deem it needed to have a scan at 6 weeks

Update doctor wants me to do another blood test ASAP so going in on Monday scans booked for 26th

Sorry to say, but I'd find a new doc for worrying you this much over nothing!

My levels are listed in my sig line, they were considered high but also in normal range. There was no panic coming from my doc when they called me with them, just calm reassurance that they're doubling nicely. I have my scan this Friday at 7 weeks. They didn't ask for more bloods or freak me out demanding I come in for an earlier than early scan (only reason I'm having one this early is because we conceived via ivf and they want to confirm one bub or two, and location)

Just reading your thread gives me anxiety....there isn't enough money in the world that could get me to go back to a spazzy doc like yours sounds to be!!!

You said earlier that your levels were 300+ at 13dpo, but just now said they're at 1500 at exactly 4 weeks - to clarify, did they really order your repeat beta for just one day after 13dpo or are you actually 4weeks +(x amount of) days? Your dates on the thread and dpo's are matching up so maybe that's what's throwing you off?

Sorry to say, but I'd find a new doc for worrying you this much over nothing!

My levels are listed in my sig line, they were considered high but also in normal range. There was no panic coming from my doc when they called me with them, just calm reassurance that they're doubling nicely. I have my scan this Friday at 7 weeks. They didn't ask for more bloods or freak me out demanding I come in for an earlier than early scan (only reason I'm having one this early is because we conceived via ivf and they want to confirm one bub or two, and location)

Just reading your thread gives me anxiety....there isn't enough money in the world that could get me to go back to a spazzy doc like yours sounds to be!!!

You said earlier that your levels were 300+ at 13dpo, but just now said they're at 1500 at exactly 4 weeks - to clarify, did they really order your repeat beta for just one day after 13dpo or are you actually 4weeks +(x amount of) days? Your dates on the thread and dpo's are matching up so maybe that's what's throwing you off?

Now I'm confused my blood test at 13 dpo was 300 today they came back 1500 I'm like 19 dpo .. My doctors are really annoying me I got my blood results via email and they accidently sent me 3 other peoples medical details I'm in Africa and dealing with a gyne my doctor and the blood place is separate all is private and is costing me a fortune

Now I'm confused my blood test at 13 dpo was 300 today they came back 1500 I'm like 19 dpo .. My doctors are really annoying me I got my blood results via email and they accidently sent me 3 other peoples medical details I'm in Africa and dealing with a gyne my doctor and the blood place is separate all is private and is costing me a fortune

So at 13dpo (3w6d) you were at 300. They look for them to approximately double every 48-72 hours (approximately, this isn't by a long shot a hard and fast rule)

19dpo (4w6d - so just a hair away from 5 weeks along)

Here is a link to an easy to interpret chart:
https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Typically they do betas with 48-72 hours between. It's strange they'd do two an entire week apart. It definitely makes it tough to know where you're at right now and how things are progressing. Although your first number was pretty high, the second isn't (not that that means anything in particular, women with super high levels go on to have perfectly happy and healthy babies as do women with super low levels and women with levels all over the board so try not to see that as a bad thing).

Are resources scarce where you're at and that's why you're stuck dealing with three separate facilities? That you got other people's medical information is completely unacceptable :( Do you have any alternatives?

Do you have the ability to request to schedule your own tests? Like, can you call in now and say you want a repeat beta done Wednesday since you just had one today?

Also my lmp is 13th April so at most I'm 4 weeks 2 days

Ack! Now I'm super confused lol

4w2d is just 16dpo. So was your original beta done at three days ago at 13dpo or a week ago from today at just 9dpo? What was the date?

Well the second was done today and the other one was defo 13 dpo as I did opk and I ovulated 23rd of April

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->