Hcg tripled. Is that common? UPDATE: empty second sac

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hi!

This is my fourth pregnancy. I have had plenty of betas and serial betas. Usually, I double or near double (plus or minus a small fraction). But this time I tripled. 3.2x actually in 47 hours. Is that common? I thought I'd ask you all before I send a panicked email to my doctor about what that means.

Stress ranting even though I know I just have to wait for an ultrasound:
Stressed out (minorly) as someone joked I might have twins. I do have a history of ovulating two eggs, as do my mother and grandmother. I also did have cramps from both ovaries around O date. One day, it was on the side I Oed from last cycle and I thought that was weird that I had O pain on that side. But then a day later it stopped, and I had O pain from the other side. Then, both ovaries were crampy/sore days after O which I also thought was odd....

With our son my HCG doubled every 26ish hours and he was a singleton

Thank you! I had really high hcg last pregnancy as well with a singleton. I want one. I love twins, my brothers are twins, I don't want twins.

im carrying twins, and its doubling every 28hrs

I didn't get a series of betas this pregnancy but at 7w4d my HCG was 177,225 which is in the 9-12 week range lol another singleton

Mine doubled every 23 hours, not sure yet what I've got in there...

Could be twins, that would be a huge blessing!

That's great babe! Don't worry, all my other 2 pregnancies my betas always tripled!

Thank you for the input! I feel like I am the only person who desperately only wants one. The friend I confided in was going on about how wonderful it would be, but I am already surrendering three of our five pets so we can buy a home instead of renting.

with this baby, my hcg doubled every 21 hours. he's only one baby! :)

My hcg tripled every 48 hours . I had it taken four times and then stopped.

Phew! Thank you all for the reassurance! I'll definitely update once I know, but that will be a while from now.

My doctor responded, "Yes it is possible to triple. Its also possible to that you might have twins. I do not want to prematurely make a diagnosis but its possible and that is why its going up so quickly.

We will be excited to see you closer to 7 weeks or so when we can confirm the pregnancy better." Sooo guess I just wait and hope it's a singleton.

Thank you for the input! I feel like I am the only person who desperately only wants one. The friend I confided in was going on about how wonderful it would be, but I am already surrendering three of our five pets so we can buy a home instead of renting.

I'm totally with you on this. DH and I have said that twins would be our "worst nightmare" and we were only semi-joking.

I think both of us will heave a huge sign of relief (I hope!) after our ultrasound in 2 weeks.

Omg I would die. This is our third. Twins would be a catastrophe! I'd rather no even think about that lol

Right?! I went to the gym to cancel my membership (I have two, so I decided to scale down to one and obviously the cheaper one/ one SO goes to took priority to keep). The staff asked why I was canceling, and I was like I'm pregnant... potentially with twins... and she said, "That's so exciting!" If looks could kill. She did follow that up with a retraction after my death glare about how it's easy for other people to be excited for you but when it's your it's probably stressful and terrifying unless you want it.

My Dr actually called to tell me I'm also high risk for multiples because of my hcg doubling time (22hrs). Going in Monday for repeat betas because they quadrupled so he wants to see if they continue in that direction. My other 2 pregnancies they doubled and tripled but never quadrupled so we'll see. It would be a huge problem though ...my grandfather was a fraternal twin

My hcg level doubling time was 22.11, I'm still waiting for ultrasound. .. oct. 6th.. we should all update this thread when we know, it will be interesting to see!!!

I would be fairly devastated if I had twins. I have a 1 year old and 2 year old now; can you imagine?! I haven't had a dr appt yet but my ms is no worse than my first 2, so I have no reason to suspect multiples.

We should all definitely come back and update. I am thinking of asking for a scan on Friday or next Monday. Kaiser is pretty good about early scans as long as you have a valid reason. And your valid reason can be just about anything. Although, my accommodating doctor left for a promotion in the hospital nearby so the other doctors might not be so quick to just scan me haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->