Hcg tripled. Is that common? UPDATE: empty second sac

My HCG with my DD tripled and I was thinking it was going to be multiples, but she was just one. :) I wanted twins at the time because I want three babies and I was thinking I could have two at once and be "done". But now I'm pregnant with my 3rd and DO NOT want twins. I have 2 and I want 3 total.

Thanks ladies! I feel better using CTP's beta doubling and seeing the charts underneath. 27 hours is not too far off from 31 so :) bookworm, your get it done in one go made me giggle a bit. Love it :)

Hey ladies! I promised to come back and update. I had a scan yesterday. Despite the machine fails my gyn was having with it, I'm going to call it singleton. We only saw one sac, and only one baby in the sac. :) So even though last week my post 1200 doubling time was still 33hours compared to 71+ (went from 137 to 4571 in one week)... there is just one little beanie

Awww I read that girls are more likely to have fast hcg doubling times and it was true with my DD.

Seriously though the gender disappointment is going to stink for a solid 24 hours before I get over it if I find out I'm having a girl. It's more because I know everyone else wants a boy and I hate disappointing people. And SO's parents are INSANE so they'll use it as an attack on me that I had a girl.

My HCG with our son doubled around 26 hours so it could definitely still be a boy. But dont worry about what other people want hun , it's not their baby!

my levels doubled every 21 hours and i'm having a boy!

Thanks! I just feel like I want a boy so much I'm going to have a girl haha

do you have any other kids?

i'm just curious as to why you want a boy so badly. not judging, just curious - boy are awesome, i have one and i'm having another! :)

No worries. I assume nobody is being judgey on here. One of the things I like about BnB.

I'm Team Healthy. A girl or a boy is fine with me. It's everybody else that wants a boy, and I want everyone to be happy. This would be my mom's first grandchild, and in Thai culture boys are more valued than girls. Girls take care of you in this life, but it's the boys who become monks and guide your soul to the afterlife/heaven/whatever. My older brother definitely got the full on first born son treatment. SO and I had always talked about wanting two boys and a girl for him in that order. We talked bout gender selection, but buying a house was more important so we opted out. But I know he really wants a boy. His parents had two boys, and they are just trashy and value boys over girls. They are also a**holes, so if it's a girl they won't want much to do with it, and they'll use it as another reason to attack me for not having a boy.

A boy would also just be easier for me I think. I am the middle child of otherwise all boys. I was the first girl for two generations until I was in college. I'm a teacher, so at the end of the day I'm sure I'll be fine with either sex. But boy drama (stereotyping) is a lot easier to manage than girls, and I helped raise my younger brothers since I was 9 when they were born. I just get along better with boys.

Long story short, er doctors found a second sac. Looks empty, but they aren't trained properly so they referred me for a formal ultrasound on Monday.

oh and your story about wanting a boy makes perfect sense. My family has a lot of boys and my mom and sister are dying for more girls. I already have a boy and a girl but for my third, they want another girl. It's a little annoying, but it makes me want a girl just to make everyone happy. But I've been convinced this baby is a boy and then at my 11 wk ultrasound, the ultrasound tech said she normally wouldn't make a guess that early but that the baby's bits looked VERY boyish. They are trying to hide it but I think they are disappointed. Oh well, if I'm really thinking for myself and not for them, I'm actually hoping for a boy because my daughter is my middle child and I want to have a special bond with her, like she and I are "the girls", since this is our last baby. Anyway, can't wait to hear what you have! :)

I will admit being the middle child princess in a family of mostly bits is really awesome. I'm kind of the glue that holds my family together.

Verdict is doctor has no idea. It's small and empty so it is either an empty sac that will get absorbed or bleeding. Shrugs. Her money is on vanishing twin because of my levels rising so quickly early on. But she really can't say for sure. She said in any case, it will take 1-2 weeks to resolve and so we'll see if it is still there for my prenatal next week.

DOBBY I totally feel you!!! I AM TOTALLY team blue I want a boy so bad!! Like you said, my entire family wants a boy and I really don't want to disappoint, but I have a feeling it is a girl this time again lol.

Anything is good as long as I have a healthy baby but it would be nice to have a boy this time :)

Agreed. First and foremost Team Healthy, but really hoping I get the good news that it's a boy. I'll be excited for a girl, but yeah. Boy please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->