heartburn hell

smithface24

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips to help avoid heartburn? I don't eat after 8pm n have cut right down on caffeine but I'm still struggling to sleep without feeling sick.

Mines started to get a LOT worse now as well, im practically living off rennies and freezing cold milk at the moment, they ease it for a while but it never completly goes away, iv got a midwife appointment next week so going to see if they can give me anything to help

I was the same way. I had 24/7 heartburn so bad that the acid would come up in my throat even if I was sitting upright. This past week my OB told me I could take Pepcid, and it has done wonders. I take one in the morning and haven't had any major heartburn in 2 days now. I'm in the US, so not sure if you have Pepcid where you are but if you do I highly recommend it.

Ranitidine 75mg and a swig of gaviscon before bed. It has made such a difference to my sleep! X

I've found gaviscon helps enough for me to get to sleep but not to stay asleep. Slept upright on the sofa last night to try get some sleep. Needless to say it didn't work. Lol hope u get some help soon xxx

I was the same way. I had 24/7 heartburn so bad that the acid would come up in my throat even if I was sitting upright. This past week my OB told me I could take Pepcid, and it has done wonders. I take one in the morning and haven't had any major heartburn in 2 days now. I'm in the US, so not sure if you have Pepcid where you are but if you do I highly recommend it.

Thanks xxx will have to ask my midwife next week :happydance:

I have a yogart before I go to bed and it really helps. It works a lot better for me than milk.

I had awful heartburn, acid in my throat & nose etc. I found gaviscon helped but also Lovehearts sweets (randomly!). My NCT teacher recommended them and they did actually help

Gaviscon works for me. Those in the UK can get it free on prescription

Milk works if it's not too bad. Ranitidine is great when I feel like I'm dying.

Milk works for me and Tums! Gaviscon tastes rank and tums taste like love hearts and have different flavours. You get a big pack for a few quid at the pharmacy :)

I don't eat after 6pm! And I alternate Tums and Gaviscon. It makes it manageable.

I was given peptac liquid but I can't stomach it, it feels like I'm choking, that's no liquid i tell you! So I use rennies which work if its not severe, when its awful, as in I can even feel it in my back at the top! I find actually eating a large meal like dinner takes it away most of the time. Weirdly I get it on an empty stomach rather than a full one!! I keep rennies next to my bed for if its really bugging me in the night x

I got Ranitidine as well as the acid was making me sick during the night and it has made such a difference. I still take a swig of gaviscon before going to bed.

I'll try love hearts sweets.

I quite like the taste of gaviscon only the mint one tho. Lol.

Thanks everyone xx

Rennie helped in the earlier weeks but I take Zantac everyday now plus Rennie or Gaviscon double action tablets. This heartburn is ridiculous and I've had several episodes of throwing up stomach acid in the middle of the night, having it come out my nose etc. At least the end is in sight for me!

Rantidine is the only thing that helps stay away from milk it makes it worse

If it doesn't get better make sure you get checked for galstones very commin in moms I had it and my dr just kept upping my meds I hate for anyone to go threw what I went threw for like a yr! I was on rend 2 2x a day and still in pain finally went to the hospital when dd was around 6 mo old

Thanks everyone. Loveheart sweets did help a bit. Will talk to midwife next week n see if I can get anything on prescription. Spending almost £10 a week on meds atm! #notgood xxx

Ice cold milk and Ranitidine 150mg twice a day(prescribed by midwife).

I swear by Ranitidine. Gavisgon and Rennie never helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->