Heaven as a name?

It is true, it does take longer for first time fathers to sink all this in.

What your therapist says does make sense. It can be hard for a pregnancy to sink in for a woman and it's inside our body!! It must be pretty easy for him to distance himself from it since he is so far away and has his own everyday life apart from you. I hope he falls madly in love with LO when he/she gets here and maybe even before. Sounds like you should hope for the best but prepare to raise baby on your own just in case. I am 37 also. I have a beautiful 3 year old and I've been trying for #2 for a year and a half now. Hopefully I won't be far behind you!

I know the distance doesnt help makes it surreal in a way. I am prepared to raise LO on my own I hope I wont have to though. I am determined for him to see LO in person and if he can walk away from LO then hes not worth any of my time.

If he runs then he probably would have ended up breaking your heart later on anyhow. I'm sorry it's so hard for you now. :hugs:

If he runs then he probably would have ended up breaking your heart later on anyhow. I'm sorry it's so hard for you now. :hugs:

If he runs from his own child I want nothing to do with him.

I don't like Heaven that much but I do quite like Nevaeh

Never heard of Navaeh before this thread...

how do you pronounce that?

it must be an american name I have never heard of that name in Australia

Nevaeh was made popular by the trashy reality show "Teen Mom" on MTV. It spells "heaven" backwards.

I'm american and it took me a minute to get it the first time I saw it. I don't think it WAS a name before about 5 years ago. Now it's quite popular here. No offense to anyone but I think it is associated with being a "trashy" name.

Its just a name. I wouldn't call it trashy. Not my taste but it is not trashy either.

Its just a name. I wouldn't call it trashy. Not my taste but it is not trashy either.

not to sound like Katie Hopkins but certain names do sound trashy, as mentioned before if you meet a baby:

Chardonnay chance are shes from a ghetto area
Chanel chances are her mother is 16
Charlotte then you wouldn't assume either of the two previous links

the name has bad associations for a lot of people, it sounds as ridiculously made up as it actually is, and the logic in it is bizarre

I actually met a girl once who had twin boys called Louie & Vuitton.... just tacky, tacky, tacky and yes she was a young mother with out of control children

together they are ridiculous names, if the split up and dont hang around together lucky Louie might be ok but what is poor Vuitton life going to be like

I just cant imagine a sensible 25 year old woman with a good education and job would call her child after a fashion brand = same with Navaeh

that's can be consider classism. I raise my eyebrow to people who freely use the word ghetto.

Plenty of educated upper class have used names like that and got judged for it because it's not white upper class/ classy " educational" sounding. I can't not pronounce (or can not hear the correct pronunciation to it very well) to a lot of names but if I like the looks and the meaning of it, I will use it. Do not judge my child's name because of it.

In fact, I think educated person are most likely use any names they wish because they are educated about social issues. I have seen plenty of doctors mix their last names too.

When you have celebrities naming their children bizarre names is it any wonder?

https://www.cracked.com/article_15765_the-20-most-bizarre-celebrity-baby-names.html

Now Kim K naming her daughter North :|

I rather Heaven over that any day.

that's can be consider classism. I raise my eyebrow to people who freely use the word ghetto.

Plenty of educated upper class have used names like that and got judged for it because it's not white upper class/ classy " educational" sounding. I can't not pronounce (or can not hear the correct pronunciation to it very well) to a lot of names but if I like the looks and the meaning of it, I will use it. Do not judge my child's name because of it.

In fact, I think educated person are most likely use any names they wish because they are educated about social issues. I have seen plenty of doctors mix their last names too.

strange in my 3 universities I have yet to meet someone with a name like that :wacko:

I also grew up in a very middle class area never came across a name like that

and my mam was a well educated scientist for trading standards and never worked with anyone with names like that

I have met people with foreign names which may seem unusual in this country by are normal names in their own country but ive never met a Saffron, Angel, Mercedes, Paris etc...

your deluding yourself if you think people dont get judged on names - its not fair to judge the child as they have no say in their name but it can often say a lot about their parents

I challenge you to go around the different classes and the ages prove their is no difference in name usage :winkwink:

I think there is a lot of judgment being cast here. JJKB, maybe in your 3 universities and your mom's experience you haven't come across bizarre names in the people you've interacted with, but they are definitely out there.

If a celebrity named their child Paris, Destry or Coco then its unique and all fine, but if someone in a lower income bracket does it, then its a result of them being uneducated?

I don't think Neveah sounds like a trashy or low-class name at all. Its not my taste but it is pretty. Tbh, my first thought would be that the person might be of Indian descent.

I agree with JJKCB on this one. It might be wrong to make judgments based on a name, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. It's a fact of life and people do it without even realizing it, and it really does have an effect on the child.

Freakonomics is a good documentary to watch. It has a segment about names and how different classes choose different names, how names eventually get passed to different social classes over the years, and the effect names have on a person's life, especially on job applications and things like that. Really interesting stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->