Heavy bleeding but HPT getting darker??

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
On the 17th, much to my surprise, i got a :bfp: NTNP. I honestly never thought that would be possible given my history. But it happened. Much like a crazy mad woman :haha: i keept POAS. Friday afternoon the line was darker. (The first one was very very faint). That afternoon the line was a little darker. I started spotting the same day but it was only brown and light pink. Ive had that in healthy pregnancies before so i didnt think much of it. But then on saturday i had a bad feeling about things. I teated again :blush: the line was way fainter than the first test i took. It was so faint DB could hardly see it. Sunday came and i was bleeding heavy dark red. No blood clots though. I took another FRER and it was *almost* negative. I took a CB digi and it said "not pregnant".

So today i booked an appt w MW. I am still bleeding rather heavy today as well. Much to my surprise, the hpt the doctor used was positive, and very clearly positive. The line was dark (not as dark as the control line but still the nicest test ive had this pregnancy). If this is a MC, this will be #3 for me. The second MC i had was right about now. I wasnt even 5 weeks. I had a positive for like 2 days and then basically had AF. As soon as i was bleeding heavy with that one, my tests went negative. Well today i got home and took another FRER and a CB digi (i am SO paranoid right now. I must seem crazy!). Again i was sueprised but the CB digi now said "pregnant" and the FRER line came up quickly and was dark (again not control line dark but very evident). Meanwhile tomorrow will be day 3 of blood flow.

I have no idea what to make of this. I just assumed i was MCing, especially with that amount of blood (still no clots tho). I really figured all those HPTS would be negative or at least closer to that. But nope. There are getting more positive which i would think would indicate a rise, which is good.

MW wonders if either i have a blood clotting disorder or if i have a progesterone deficiency. In the mean time, i had hCG bloods drawn today and then i got back in another 48 hours to see if they have doubled. If they have increased, they will do an ultrasound.

I follow up w the OBGYN on the 18th for the possible two concers MW has.

I dont know if i should be excited. :shrug: i want to be. But im afraid to be. I know im bleeding. A lot. But these tests are certainly throwing me off. Have any of you ladies had experience like this? If so, how did things turn out for you? Does anyone know if there are other things that effect this, that wouldnt mean MC? This has been such a rollercoaster. I dont know how to let myself feel.

Pic1= top FRER is the faint positive from Sunday. It is so faint my camera had trouble picking it up. But visually it was there...a challenge to see tho). The bottom FRER was from this afternoon. Showed up right away.

Pic2=the CB digi from today (was negative the day before)

Pic3= the hpt from the MW visit today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170320-172754.jpg
    Screenshot_20170320-172754.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20170320-170946.jpg
    Screenshot_20170320-170946.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170320-151152.jpg
    Screenshot_20170320-151152.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 50
I see what you mean about the tests. And the tests at the drs are notoriously less sensitive too. Strange! Hopefully the blood is just "one of those things" and the baby sticks!! Good luck.

I already replied to your other post, but I would make sure it wasn't an ectopic! Fx'd for a healthy sticky bean in the right place!!

This happened to a friend of mine and it was twins she had lost 1 and there was a drop in hcg but then it kept climbing.

Thanks ladies.
Today i am feeling naseuous. I lost a rather string piece of blood earlier today but since then, only red when i wipe.

I spoke w the MW. My hCG from yesterday is 37.9 still low but not abnormal for the stage. I go back tomorrow for bloods to see if it doubled. x

This happened to a friend of mine and it was twins she had lost 1 and there was a drop in hcg but then it kept climbing.

Same thing happened with me when having Lucas. I was told it's not that uncommon.

Hope everything goes well for you OP :)

Thank you.
DB was actually joking around last week about the possibility of twins bc identical twins run down his side. In fact his father is an identical twin...if this baby survives ill have to really wonder if it was twins. I dont know any other way it would w the massive amounts of vleeding ive been having. Although suddenly today, i really dont have much at all and eould consider it light instead of heavy. Although still rbight red w brown

Twins would have to run in your family for genetics to come into play not your partners. I hope all is well with this little one.

Twins would have to run in your family for genetics to come into play not your partners. I hope all is well with this little one.

That is true of fraternal (ov.ing more than once). But i dont think the same is true w identical. Idk tho

identical is a random act so doesnt run in any families

although on reading up on it there are some new studies who say it might be a possibility although i would imagine it would be harder to mc identical twins as they tend to share a sac and placenta a lot of the time. I would love twins maybe twin girls to even things up a bit around my house lol

i would imagine it would be harder to mc identical twins as they tend to share a sac and placenta a lot of the time.l

That is a very good point! You are right. Id think both would either stick or both would not stick.

Not since first visit.
I did get bloods today and will find out tomorrow what todays was.

As per bleeding, i dont even have a flow now. Its still bright red and brown but its only spotting. Like a mad woman i took another test. I had one left and i promised myself i wouldnt buy anymore. Line came up instantly and is as dark as the control line...i figured line would stay the same or get lighter, especially after all those heavy bleeds, but it is still get darker. Its about as dark as co trol line now.(top was 24 hours ago bottom today)

Screenshot_20170322-174023.jpg

That's awesome!! Fx'd for a healthy sticky bean!!!

The odds of having identical twins is about the same across the board for everyone though I think it's slightly higher if you are an identical twin. The odds of fraternal twins can go up due to genetics (ie. if your parents or a sibling has had fraternal twins, it's slightly more likely that you could too) but there are other factors that can increase your odds too. Age is a big thing. If you are over 30, your odds go up a bit because your hormones are starting to change and it gets a bit more likely that you'll have two eggs pop at ovulation instead of one.

I have an increased chance of twins because I have fraternal twin brothers, I'm over 30 (and the odds go up even more after 35), and I've had a twin pregnancy already (miscarried at 8 weeks likely due to genetic abnormalities with one or both twins). DH has twins in his family too and the dr has said having twins on both sides may have increased my odds even more but it would be so minuscule you can't really even count it.

Edit-on the bleeding, it's possible you are just losing some IB but it's very common for spotting/bleeding to occur with a twin pregnancy. Just so you know. :winkwink: Lovely lines on your FRER.

Good morning ladies.
My hCG has quadrupled in 48 hours. It is now 148.2!!!

And the possibility of twins?! :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->