Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

mom2pne, my OH was in the room when I had my sweep and I think he has completely freaked out now lmao. I asked him about maybe having some nooky and he flat out refused! Awell, can't see that lasting too long though hehe x

Hey ladies. I'm wondering if this might be the start of something for me. Sorry for tmi but I just got up to use the bathroom and I'm very damp. Lots of very watery cm nothing like what I've had recently. I've put a pad in and will see. I have a dull cramp too but that's probably in my head! :haha: Pip's also awake and wiggling slowly. Pip's never awake in the early hours. I'm going to go back to sleep and see what happens. OH is a grumpy git ATM so I won't be waking him up to tell him n case it's nothing or similar to what Bumpy had. Will keep you posted and might suggest in the morning that rather than go to work oh works from his sister's instead - just in case.

Good luck Notnic, hope this is it for you, definitely sounds promising! I was just woke up by severe heartburn and cramps, went to the loo and sorry tmi but had really bad diarrhea, still cramping but not sure if it's anything as it seems different to the tightenings before...

Hoping you manage to nod off again and get some more rest! x

Thanks Hun. I haven't managed to go back to sleep yet. Brain is whirring! Sorry for tmi but I don't seem to be damp anymore but Ive still got a dull cramp and bhs. Will try to switch my head off to sleep but it's so difficult.

Hope you manage to go back to sleep too and start feeling better or you start getting productive pains instead. Keep us posted. x

How you feeling now Nic? Sounds like things are moving for you guys! Exciting stuff. x

Thanks Sunshine. I never managed to go back to sleep so got up and did a few chores instead. I have dull backache and stronger period pain cramps but nothing I could measure yet. I've called l&d and they want me to call the daytime assessment team to arrange to come in and get checked over this morning. They are happy for ms to wait until after rush hour which is handy. It could be nothing but we'll see. Hubby has stayed home too which is helpful though I did iron all his shirts this morning which is a bit of a waste if he's off for a fortnight :) Apparently today isn't a great day though as he's missing 6 meetings and a client lunch at a swanky restaurant - oops! Also he would have preferred that Pip arrived slightly nearer to it's due date. He's concerned he won't be able to watch as many Euro games now. :dohh: Men and their priorities!

Hi girls, good luck Not Nic I hope it turns into something!
I can't believe how similar all our symptoms are! I woke up with really crampy backache and moody!lol! Also been going to the bathroom alot and getting lots of cm-nice! I am usually really stubborn and get lots done during the day even if I should probably rest but I really am going to relax today.
Have a good day everyone! Come on baby no.2!!! xx

Do rest admiral. I was knackered yesterday. Perhaps my body was trying to warn me. :) my appointment is at midday so we'll see if I get anything else before then if not I'll update you afterwards. FX it's not my imagination!

Im so excited for you! Admiral and Notnic, I wondered which of you will be first. McSmyth is making progress too so its a tough call! :dance:

Have any of you had really weird back pain. I dont mean like an achy back in certain bits, Its more all over and total agony. Ive had it once this morning and once yesterday. My whole back hurts to the point where I cant move and it feels like its going right through to my chest. Does that make any sense?? Its not my lower back its from in line with my shoulder blades and stops at my lower back. Agony!

Hello - well it looks like Baby Nic might be doing it's best to finish in the top three! My hind waters have been confirmed as broken so I have until 8am tomorrow to get myself into active labour otherwise I'm being induced. Really hope that doesn't happen as I'm terrified of needles and so badly wanted a water birth. Dust and fingers crossed this way please!

How about our other front runners? How are you guys doing? xx

Sunshine I've had heartburn which gives me the same sort of pain. I feel like I'm being stabbed. Could that be it? x

Not sure about that pain Sunshine :shrug:

Ooooo NotNic how exciting!! I hope it kicks in for you. Was it very noticeable that your hind waters had gone? I have had such an increase in CM that I am getting paranoid that I haven't noticed if they have gone, I am sure I would.
I am beginning to give up hope! I had bad back pain yesterday and called my sister to standby and then it fizzled out again. More cramps that woke me up during the night. Had them off and on again today but they just don't amount to anything! Quite fed up now. Plus my Dad isn't in my good books anyway, I text him to say we weren't happy with how he left that flat and we will discuss it when he gets back and he just said nothing to discuss. He has his mail redirected to ours and on 4 separate occasions now in the past week, I have been woken up by the postman with deliveries for him whilst I have been trying to nap when my little girl is. So annoying! xx

Sunshine - I had similar back pain this morning. I went for a slow walk around the botanic gardens, I was so desperate to get outside for a bit, but halfway round my back just kind of seized up and I ended up practically hobbling the rest of the way. It's gone entirely now that I've had a short nap, but I've begun having intermittent and erratic painful cramping in the bump and lower back. Maybe it is a labour sign? No plug loss or anything else. It's the worst possible day for it to start for me - OH is frantically busy at work - and I am still hoping proper labour holds off till Friday evening at the earliest. Apart from the cramping I feel much better today and my feet are a lot less swollen.

NotNic - that's brilliant news, guess you are bouncing and walking stairs? Must be so exciting to think you're almost there. Most of the time labour will start on its own after any waters breaking, will be thinking of you and hoping that is the case for you soon. Do you know if they'll start you with a pessary/gel or straight to a drip if you go 24 hours without spontaneous onset?

Admiral - I'm so sorry to hear your dad is being a pain, and especially at this already stressful time for you. He's really imposing on you, and he should at least acknowledge that he's put you in a difficult position rather than brushing you off like that. Family is family and in general we should all be willing to help each other out, but receiving that help comes with a sense of obligation that needs to be expressed. Maybe writing everything down in a letter would help, even if you never give it to him.

Hope everyone is doing well this morning! We're sure on the home stretch now!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ooooo Nic how exciting!! I am sooooooooo jealous!!!! Are you still in hospital or out? x

Admiral, I think you need to start being a bit firmer with your dad. He is totally taking the piss.

Notnic, Im not sure if its heartburn. I dont think so. It was the oddest thing ever. Bumpy, it sounds similar. I felt like I couldnt move and my back was having some kind of seizure!!??

McSmyth, any update from you today hunny??

Has anyone else been given an induction date? Cant believe they are going to make me wait till 18th June. Its bloody ages!!x

Oooo Notnic! How exciting! I'm so jealous!

I've been awake most of the night with cramping etc and was really hoping it would progress. But alas, still nothing of any real significance.
I had another scan earlier and we're looking a little bit too content in there, so I'm not holding my breath it'll happen any time soon. However at an estimated weight of 8lb 5oz, and her head and abdomen up near or in the 97th percentile, I'm hoping she won't linger too long!

Hope everyone is doing ok x

Oooo Notnic! How exciting! I'm so jealous!

I've been awake most of the night with cramping etc and was really hoping it would progress. But alas, still nothing of any real significance.
I had another scan earlier and we're looking a little bit too content in there, so I'm not holding my breath it'll happen any time soon. However at an estimated weight of 8lb 5oz, and her head and abdomen up near or in the 97th percentile, I'm hoping she won't linger too long!

Hope everyone is doing ok x

Thats great Vixx. Hope you dont have to wait too long for baby to arrive!!! x

Hello I'm home right now. Cramps eased off so doing my best to jiggle around to kick start them again. Induction was the one thing I really wanted to avoid. I hate needles and really wanted the sort of birth where I could be left alone to get on with it. She mentioned probably going on a drip. TBH I wasn't really concentrating before that and drip was the first thing my ears picked up,

Admiral - it wasn't very noticeable. I just felt very damp and when I wiped it was very watery in consistency and had transferred on to my pjs. It was a bit like if you stand up too quickly after peeing and you trickle. Sorry for tmi but that's the best way I can explain it. It was more noticeable because my cm has been much thicker recently with what I guess is my plug. (sorry the things we share here - lol!)

If anyone has any tips to get things going please let me know. Also last call for gender guesses. It's a 50:50 chance you'll be right!

Vixx Hoping your lo gets a shifty on soon. You night be pleasantly surprised and baby might be a tad bit smaller. xx

hey ladies! Sorry I have not updated but nothing has changed so the end result is I am being induced next tuesday! Very upsetting but I should have never expected different as my body doesn't cooperate with me and i know that. I have only goneinto labor 2 times on my own. Anyway good luck NotNic and hoping the best for you. Wishing everyone the best ! Just kind of sad about it all so I am pouting. anyway I will keep checking in!:):hug: and love to all!

Thanx notnic, I read that hind waters can reseal so I'm a bit more relaxed, I was worried about infection. Usually when people ask gender or I see a scan I instantly have whether I think it's a boy or girl in my head, with you I thought boy first but then girl! Lol! So I'm not sure, gonna go with first instinct so boy! Try DTD if you feel up to it unless your not allowed coz your waters have gone? Good luck hun, I'm so excited for you!
Sorry to hear you haven't got the outcome you wanted IAB, hope your ok. At least you know your meeting your baby soon! Xx

Yes I am happy to be meeting little one but just wish it was a bit different. I still have a few days to try and make it happen but i think everything i have tried has failed so far sooooo I will just take each day as it comes. Thanks for the kind words !:) Thats why you ladies are so awesome!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->