Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Good news Kuri. Ive been trying to persuade baby into making an appearance but he is having none of it. Im part of a facebook group for over 35's and from the 9 or so of us I was due first. 5 of them have already have their babies and the other 3 arent due till a week or two after me. Whats a bet Ill be last!!

p.s Just noticed Im single digits today!!

Exciting Kuri!! Congratulations on single digits sunshine!

I am still plodding along!lol! Bad back pains still that got quite bad last night, I cannot handle 2-3 weeks of this!lol! So baby better get a move on!
The weather is so beautiful but unfortunately I am unable to enjoy it due to being at the flat getting it ready for our tenant. My Dad left it in a bit of a mess so I am really not happy! You would think that knowing my husband works full time, I am 8 and a half months pregnant in pre labour with a toddler that he would have left it how we did for him! We done him a massive favour letting him rent it for very little from us when he had no where to go. We have stored all his stuff in our garage so he didnt have to pay for storage and he has left me to sort out deliveries for his kitchen and bathroom that are also coming to our house whilst he is away and that is how he repays us! grrr xx

Admiral I know he is your dad but he sounds like he is totally taking the piss to be honest. If I were you I would have a word and tell him to start acting like a responsible adult!!

Kuri - great news about the plug, you're one step closer!
Admiral - your dad's totally taking advantage of you, you'd be well within your rights to give him a ticking off.
Sunshine - could be tonight, you never know! I have to say I'm really surprised that so many of your FB group have gone early! We're into the red zone on Tuesday ... the vast majority of babies will come between 39 and 41 weeks. :flower:

Loving the sun today - not quite as hot as yesterday, and we walked over to the park to see how the swans are doing. Been keeping an eye on this pair and their nest for months, and today ... FOUR BABY SWANS!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: It's a good omen.

OH took some photos of me out in the garden. The light's too strong right now so there's a lot of glare and we're going to try again later, but thought you might like to see my almost 39 weeks bump.

DSCF9168.jpg

Gorgeous bump bumpy!
Thanx girls, I think your right. He will know about it when he gets back. Only just finished there but my husband is still trying to scrub the carpets. I had to leave, I'm in agony and exhausted. My toddler was so bored bless her, gonna make it up to her tomorrow.
Looking forward to a relaxing evening! Xx

Please send me labor dust!

I think this *may* be it. Last night I had BH all night long, noticed a lot of wetness in my panties that was very sticky (Mom says likely mucus plug). This morning I took a sitz bath for my hemorrhoids -- and when I got out, I noticed some watery blood. I put on a pad and got a little more watery blood, and more sticky clear-ish stuff.

Started getting contractions again. About three minutes apart. Went for a walk and things were getting quite painful. Laying down now and not as often but still contracting. Mom is taking a flight out to get here at midnight.

I hope to God this is it... I'm so tired of being teased!

Good luck Serenity! I really hope this is it for you, I am completely miserable! Lol xx

Fingers crossed and labour dust for you Serenity x

Serenity, sounds like it could be! Will be thinking of you - good luck!

Bumpy, your bump is fab!

Admiral, dont overdo it hun. You need to take it easy so enjoy your relaxing evening.

I thought I was going to vomit earlier so not sure whats going on. Went out for a picnic and a walk earlier and because of the heat my feet completely swelled up. Started feeling really sick just before dinner time then started getting pains on my tummy. OH made dinner so I had some of that and luckily Im feeling alot better now. Getting lots of BH but still dont think anything is going to happen any time soon. :(

xx

Hey everyone. Hope you've been enjoying the weather!

Serenity - it all sounds very good to me. My best friend's labour started out with leaking pink fluid. It's what persuaded her to call l&d because she didn't feel strong contractions or anything. Keep us posted!

I'm beginning to think I'm going to be late. I feel less likely that 'today's the day' the further these last few days have gone. For much of the past fortnight I've had heavy, sticky cm and I was thinking it was my plug but really I think my body is messing with me and the heat is helping it along. It would be so much easier if we had a better idea of when to expect Pip. If I'm supposed to wait for due date or later then that's okay. I just need to know that I can drive and do stuff without worrying what might happen. Equally I know if I don't fancy doing anything then that's okay because I have loads of time!

Keep us posted all you ladies who are close. I'm very excited for you xxx

Woo hoo serenity! I'm jealous as we have the same due date. I have been walking like crazy, trying to get things going but so far nothing. :/ I'm starting to feel the same way Notnic. All my 'feelings' that I wouldn't go to June are disapating. Boo. I really hoped the loss of my plug meant something imminent. I want her here now sooooo bad. So glad I have a bunch of ladies I know feel the exact same way!!!!! <3 and LABOR dust to all. hehe

Good luck Serenity, hope this is definitely it for you!
Bumpy that's a beautiful bump pic :)
Not much new with me so I've really just been stalking the thread and keeping up to date with everyone. Lost yet more plug yesterday (how much of the thing can there be?!) and had painful tightenings about 12 minutes apart for about an hour and a half last night, went to sleep, woke up and nada. Just getting very impatient and fed up now. I'm due to have a sweep on 8th June at term appointment, but I think I'll try and convince my MW to give me one tomorrow at antenatal, if my body is ready then hopefully it will kick things up a gear, and if not, awell, no harm done eh?

Haha labour dust! Never thought it would get to this stage. After my mw thought I'd go early I don't know how I'm still here!

Nothing really new here. More cm which is like how everyone describes the plug (but who knows :shrug:) and sorry for more TMI, a lot of wind and bm movements. I also feel like a hot water bottle. Everytime I lean over I squealch or gurgle. Weird! I feel like I'm having to analyse every little thing to find a shred of hope!

Also I'm at that stage where everyone wants to ask me how much longer I have left and they all want to talk about it. I just want to go to the shops without standing out. Also if I had a pound for every time someone said 'i bet you're feeling the heat' I'd be a rich girl!

Serenity and Admiral - any news?

That was it!!! Thank you all! Derek Andrew Bernhardt was born this morning, May 28th, 2012 at 3:44 AM weighing in at 7 lbs even and 20.75 inches long! Pictures and my full "this is it" story to come! :cloud9:

Woo hoo!! :happydance: Congratulations Serenity. So very pleased for you me lovely. Did your mum make it in the end? xx

What fabulous news to wake up to! Congratulations serenity! Let's hope you have kicked it off for us all, what's that saying about waiting for a bus? They all come at once or something! Lol!
NotNic, no changes, I am in the same position as you. I have all the signs of labour apart from my waters breaking! My tummy is making some right noises too! Lol!
Have a great day everyone! Xx

Congratulations Serenity :flower: Absolutely fabulous news!

Congratulations Serenity! Wonderful news!

No change here and Im not even losing any plug or anything and BH practically non existant. Im guessing I have at least another 2 weeks left. Off to midwife at 2 to see if she is going to do a sweep or not. She might make me wait until next week if she decides she can see me (they are supposed to be closed cause of the jubilee) Will report back later. Weather has turned crap again so at least my feet wont look like those of a hobbit today. Have a good day ladies. x

Had an appt to see the midwife yesterday. Everything is grand. Baby is starting to engage in my pelvis & is in an anterior position (which is what we want). She told me that I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists though. Joy.
Haven't had any BH as yet but i am losing plug. Don't think my son is going to make an appearance any time soon...

NotNic - happy single figures :flow:

Thinking of you all:hugs:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back