Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Will check in tomorrow to see how you doing Notnic. Hope something happens during the night for you! (p.s I pee myself all the time and its watery. How do you know the difference??)

Sorry to hear that IAB. Know its not what you wanted but try and not worry. You will be fine hun.

Admiral I hope your dad is behaving and you doing ok. x

Lol - probably because I don't sunshine! :D They get you to put a pad in plus they give you an internal examination to be sure. Also if it's back waters the consistency is ever so slightly thicker than urine.

AFM - my new pj bottoms seem to have done the trick again. I went up to bed 11 ish. Hubby came up about 40mins later. Within a minute of him waking me up I felt / heard a loud pop (like a trapped wind bubble) and my front waters have gone now. Called mw and they have told me to try to rest and come in when contractions get regular and firm and every 5ish minutes as I am quite far away from the hospital. I can't believe it. I'd given up things happening naturally. Back off to bed now. Will update you all tomorrow if nothing else happens, or on the other side. xx

awww yay! you may be holding you little one soon!!! so happy for you!:)

Congrats Notnic!!!! Woo hoo! I hope everything goes fabulous at the hospital. I am so about to drink castor oil to get this going lol.

Good luck to all of you -- hope your little ones arrive soon! Sunshine... I am amazed they won't induce you until that late in June. Here's hoping your little one won't be taking his or her time! IAB -- so sorry you're having to be induced, but at least you will see your baby soon! Nic -- here's hoping you're going to be able to write your own This is It very soon! :hugs:

Click here for my birth story!

Nic, how fabulous! I cant believe you will probably have your baby later today!! :dance:

Serenity, I know!! Totally sucks but seemingly unless you have any issues they will leave you for 12 days after your due date (and they are actually leaving me 13 because they keep saying Im due 6th June rather than 5th) BTW Derek is a wee cutie! I just posted on your birth thread.

Admiral, IAB and Kuri - any new signs today lovelies?

McSmyth - you ok hun??

Hows everyone else doing? Bumpy, you hanging in there?x

No new signs sunshine. I had an awful night sleep, awful back pain kept coming in waves and they are still coming now. My back is in agony. I wish they could do something :cry: xx

No new signs sunshine. I had an awful night sleep, awful back pain kept coming in waves and they are still coming now. My back is in agony. I wish they could do something :cry: xx

Awwww, hope you feel better soon hun. :(

IAB- sorry you have to be induced, but at least you know you will have your LO very soon :flower:

Good luck Notnic! So excited for you, can't wait to hear any updates :)

Sunshine, that seems like a long time to wait to be induced :( I really hope things start naturally for you soon :hugs:

I'm grand, woke up quite crampy this morning and had quite a big show but I'm not pinning my hopes on anything as I think it's just a side effect of the sweep :)

IAB - you've still got time for spontaneous labour, hang in there! It does seem to my inexperienced mind like they're inducing you a bit on the early side, but I'm sure it's for the best. :flower:

mcsmyth1 - show is good news! I've had nothing like that, it must be very exciting!

NotNic - best of luck today, it sure sounds like things are kicking off for you! Can't wait to hear you're holding your Pip in your arms!!

admiral - it sounds like things are progressing for you too, could there be three 1st of June babies?? I hope that back pain eases for you, have you tried those microwaveable gel packs? My OH slapped one of those on me yesterday and it really helped.

kuriazuri - is there something weird about castor oil? I've seen some threads about should I/shouldn't I with that one, but never read anything about it as I'm not really planning on doing any eviction procedures (apart from eating curry which I never stopped doing because it's too tasty to avoid).

Sunshine - not much new here, I'm just ticking over. I had a lot of painful cramping yesterday but I think it was just the lump teasing its dad. Today and through till tomorrow morning is his big work project launch and he's been bricking it all week that he'd miss it due to labour. I have a midwife appointment Wednesday at 40+1 and I think I'll take the sweep that's been offered, if she can do it. At that appointment I'm going to press very very hard for induction by the 15th because of my concern about due dates being off. Today is when I thought I was due.

I had similar back pain this morning. I went for a slow walk around the botanic gardens, I was so desperate to get outside for a bit, but halfway round my back just kind of seized up and I ended up practically hobbling the rest of the way. It's gone entirely now that I've had a short nap, but I've begun having intermittent and erratic painful cramping in the bump and lower back. Maybe it is a labour sign? No plug loss or anything else. It's the worst possible day for it to start for me - OH is frantically busy at work - and I am still hoping proper labour holds off till Friday evening at the earliest. Apart from the cramping I feel much better today and my feet are a lot less swollen.

Here is some labor dust to you for Friday! *sprinkles* The painful cramps are probably a good sign, but I had some of that for a couple of weeks before I went, too.

I've been awake most of the night with cramping etc and was really hoping it would progress. But alas, still nothing of any real significance. I had another scan earlier and we're looking a little bit too content in there, so I'm not holding my breath it'll happen any time soon. However at an estimated weight of 8lb 5oz, and her head and abdomen up near or in the 97th percentile, I'm hoping she won't linger too long!

Great measurements! Hopefully you will progress soon, Vixx. It comes on quite quickly when it happens!

Yes I am happy to be meeting little one but just wish it was a bit different. I still have a few days to try and make it happen but i think everything i have tried has failed so far sooooo I will just take each day as it comes.

MEGA LABOR DUST for IAB! *sprinkles*

I am so about to drink castor oil to get this going lol.

Hoping your labor comes on soon Kuri!

Serenity, I know!! Totally sucks but seemingly unless you have any issues they will leave you for 12 days after your due date (and they are actually leaving me 13 because they keep saying Im due 6th June rather than 5th) BTW Derek is a wee cutie! I just posted on your birth thread.

Thanks so much! 12/13 days... you have an awesome bump, but it also looks uncomfortable... hoping you go before your induction!

I'm grand, woke up quite crampy this morning and had quite a big show but I'm not pinning my hopes on anything as I think it's just a side effect of the sweep :)

Never know, the sweep may be working!!!

The back pain waves may be early signs of labor! I know it's painful Admiral, but it's a step closer to meeting LO!

Thanx girls, you are great! Over a week of being in pain is so hard to handle, especially with my toddler!i much preferred my labour with my girl!
Hoping we all have our babies soon!
Btw serenity just saw your post and Derek is so scrummy!
Where are you akerie? Xx

Havent seen Akerie around in a while. Oddori, are you ok hun?
StaceyKors due date is today. She hasnt been on here for ages either.
Who else is missing?
x

Akerie was last on on 24th? Maybe she was first and had her baby! Lol!
Stacey has posted about her due date in third tri
Xx

I'm grand Sunshine, just nothing new to report unfortunately. No signs of bubs making an appearance any time soon so I've gone into lurking mode. So very happy for everyone that is progressing & those that have had their babies :thumbup:
Emotions are all over the place at the moment. Fear of the unknown I think plus going a tad stir crazy.

I'm grand Sunshine, just nothing new to report unfortunately. No signs of bubs making an appearance any time soon so I've gone into lurking mode. So very happy for everyone that is progressing & those that have had their babies :thumbup:
Emotions are all over the place at the moment. Fear of the unknown I think plus going a tad stir crazy.

I had no signs what so ever with my girl Hun! Didn't even feel braxton hicks! My waters just broke at 1:30am and I had her within 12 hours :flower: xx

I know what you mean about emotions being all over the place Odorri. Ive been crying on and off every day for the last week for various reasons . Im also missing my grandma something terrible just now and keep getting sad thinking that my baby wont know her. She was my best friend. She died 18 years ago yet there isnt a day goes by that I dont think about her and the pregnancy has made it worse! Its so overwhelming being pregnant!! One minute you are up and the next you are down! Hang in there. Hopefully it wont be too long till baby is here. x

Sunshine it truly is an emotional roller coaster! Sending lots of :hugs:your way!
Your Granny would have loved your little one to bits! Just think you can tell your son/daughter all about your Gran & the times you spent together. Set me off again reading what you wrote.

Admiral I think that'll probably happen to me!!

Hope your ok sunshine :hugs:
I hope so for you oddori. As I mentioned before I much preferred it happening out the blue, I just happily plodded along! I'm going crazy with all the signs with this one thinking is this it only for nothing materialise! This pregnancy has been so stressful too with lots of crap things going on around me, I was really down last night and then awful cramps started in my back just to make things even better! Lol! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->