Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Woooohoo congratulations Serenity! :flower: Hope you are both doing well, what good news to wake up to...wonder who will be taking 2nd place :)

Congratulations Serenity! :happydance: :happydance: That's such fabulous news to wake up to!!

Waking up to the cool, damp air was just heavenly this morning. My feet are still pretty bad, but fx they will improve now the heat is gone...

My guess is admiral. Her lo is just shy and didn't want to be the first! :) I'm hoping (unrealistically) I might be soon, as my Dad plans to fly back for a long weekend once Pip's here and if I don't go in to labour within the next 48hrs he won't be able to get flights in time to fly back this week. Would be nice for him to see Pip quite 'newborn-ish' if he could.

We also haven't heard from IAB recently. Does that mean number 2 is almost here? :)

Congratulations Serenity! Fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you!

Now can I have some of that labour dust back this way please? My mum has had her treatment this month and will have her bloods checked tomorrow, which means, all being well she can travel. So I'm all systems go to get this baby shifted asap and preferably before the bank holiday!

Fingers crossed for everyone else too X

Great news Vixx!
I really have no idea who is next, we all have lots of signs! I am trying to put it in the back of my mind! I wake up every day with really intense period pains, I wish I can meet him soon but the signs have gone on for so long now I am giving up hope! At least we all know that it won't be long until we meet our baby's even if they decide to wait it out until their due dates! xx

Admiral try eating some sugar. My mum was told by a mw that her contractions kept easing off because she didn't have enough energy. It might just have been a coincidence but worth trying.

Oddori - happy single digits day to you too Hun! Lovely to hear from you and sorry about the carpal tunnel. Sunshine has been suffering too and it sounds awful. xx

I'm not getting uncomfortable bhs though Pip has moved quite a bit this morning which is unusual. A lot more cm which I'm sure is my plug and I need to go to the bathroom a lot but still nothing definite. Grr. I feel like Pip is late and yet we still have over a week before d day :doh:

Thanx for the advice NotNic. It's worth a go! I don't feel like I have a lot of energy, I have been so busy! Relaxing now but I want to cut the grass before the weather turns bad! Lol! Xx

:baby: *Showers the thread with plenty of labor dust!* :baby:

Thank you all so much! We're still in the hospital so I can't upload pictures yet, but I will be able to soon, hopefully, as (FX'd) we're hoping to get to go home today! I'm so very much in love! :wohoo:

My guess is admiral. Her lo is just shy and didn't want to be the first! :) I'm hoping (unrealistically) I might be soon, as my Dad plans to fly back for a long weekend once Pip's here and if I don't go in to labour within the next 48hrs he won't be able to get flights in time to fly back this week. Would be nice for him to see Pip quite 'newborn-ish' if he could.

We also haven't heard from IAB recently. Does that mean number 2 is almost here? :)

She PM'd me yesterday so baby not here yet!x

Thanks Bumpy. x

Sunshine did ya end up getting the sweep?

I'm just back from my antenatal, and suggested that MW check my cervix for me because of losing plug etc to see if it was favourable to do a sweep and it was :happydance: I have to say it wasn't uncomfortable at all and was over in seconds, there was mucus streaked with blood on the glove but was told that was pretty normal, ohh I'm so hoping it kick starts things, but now I'm really nervous too lol... Hope everyone is keeping well and happy single digits oddori :)

Exciting times! Can't wait for more baby update. :)

Congrats serenity!glad you both are doing well and can't wait for story and pics!

I didnt get my sweep but ended up in hospital. :(

Got to midwives appointment and all went well then she listened to bubs heartbeat and it was in the 170's. We waiting another 10 minutes and did it again and it had gone even higher to around 183 max. She then said she'd have to send me in for a trace and I burst into tears. Ive never been so worried. She checked heart again before I left and it has gone down to 160 which was much better but she didnt want to risk it so I went to hospital for a trace. Heart was quite sporadic to begin with but after half an hour it finally regulated at a reasonable level and they said I neednt worry.

I dread to think how Im going to cope with the worry when baby arrives cause I was an emotional mess today thinking something was wrong. :cry:

Not getting a sweep until 41 weeks and getting induced 18th June if bubs isnt here....and I dont think he will be. x

McSmyth, maybe you will be next! Glad your sweep went well hun. :)

Aw Sunshine I'm so sorry you had such a stressful appointment :hugs: I doubt they would have let you out though if they had any concerns at all, and it's good that your midwife was on the ball and got you seen to. Hope you're feeling a little better, easy to say and impossible to do, but try and relax xx

awww so sorry sunshine. It was great that they got you checked out though and the fact that they released you means your baby is just fine. I know what you mean though, I am such a worrier and it only gets worse when they are here! xx

Sunshine, that must have been a really rough day for you. :hugs: :hugs: Take it easy tonight, things will feel better in the morning, and at least now you have an induction date you know the maximum number of days to go. :flower:

Thanks ladies. I bought a bag of jam doughnuts to make me feel better! x

Wow that sounds stressful Sunshine. Did they give you any reason why baby's heart rate was so high? Did the doughnuts make you feel any better?

I am so tired right now. I fell asleep in the bath this morning and had a nap-ette this afternoon. I wake every two hours - perfect baby training, and I'm fed up of going to bed wondering if tonight's the night and then waking each morning and realising it's not. :(

mcsmyth1 I recommend some :sex: to help aid in getting things started!

Sunshine12 I hope your baby comes soon and you can hold him/ her in your arms soon so that you don't need to worry! :hugs: Honestly, though you find something else to worry about once they are here. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->