Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Big congratulations on your baby son Notnic! Can't wait to read your story and see some lovely pics, hope you are both doing well :flower:

Well, spent hours at the hospital to be told it was my hind waters, and I still have plenty of fluid and no contractions so I've stalled :(
Got a plank of a MW though, here's a word for word part of our convo lol:

MW: Was there any colour or odour to the fluid?
Me: No, it had no smell and was completely clear.
MW: And was it a gush or trickle? What was happening at the time?
Me: Well, (looks at OH) we were in the middle of it, and it just gushed down onto our mattress... (Talk about embarrassing?)
MW: Oh, it must have been urine.

:dohh: Urine? Yes, completely clear and odourless urine, that came out of my vagina, makes sense! I gave her my pad which was pretty damn moist and she just held it under the light and put it in the bin...

Then she tried to use the doppler, wrong side, she had more chance of hitting a kidney than a heartbeat... anywho, the wee man still seems happy enough in there, I really thought that was it for me, very disheartened today, and been left pretty confused by the whole thing.

So, sorry for the rant, the point is, part of my waters have gone, feeling crampy but nothing strong or regular, and just generally pissed off at the lack of experience from that MW, just glad I went if anything to ensure the wee man is still doing fine :) x

Sorry you had such a crap midwife Hun! Hopefully your waters will break like notnics did later today and they will have to do something more then if contractions don't start on their own. fingers crossed for you xx

Fingers crossed things pick up for you again Mcsmyth! This thread seems to be on a roll now, so I'm sure you won't be waiting long.

Good luck and hope you get a less dimwitted midwife next time x

Congrats NotNic !!! So very happy for you!! Hope you are doing well and can't to hear your story and see pics.Mcs-hope everything picks up for you. hope everyone else has a great weekend and can't wait to hear more stories!!

Exciting news every day now! :happydance:

I never thought it would happen to me, but the nesting impulse has hit ... hard. Yesterday I was getting a little twitchy about the house being grubby, but I didn't have the energy to do anything about it. This morning I thought well I could just wipe down the little bits of dirt on the walls that accumulate over the months. Two hours later ... we have a very clean kitchen (even the oven!??) and I am about to scrub the floor. Yikes.

FFS McSmyth she sounds like a total halfwit!!

Bumpy - I spent 7 hours cleaning our house yesterday. I never thought Id do the nesting thing either but I was going for it big time! I was in agony afterwards of course even though I did it in stages.

TMI but thats my plug started going so Im really pleased! Stupid thing to get pleased about but I feel like Im finally making some progress as have had no other signs at all until now. Fully appreciate it means nothing in terms of labour being imminent but Im chuffed all the same lol. x

Oooo sunshine could you be next?!
There is no stopping this thread now! Lol!
I'm worried about akerie! Xx

It's a full moon on Monday, I've heard there's usually a spike at the labour wards around that time... this is so exciting, I bet we get a bunch of Jubilee weekend babies over the next four days!!

I am SO ready to get this baby out of me - until a few days ago, I was doing fine, but last night I completely lost the plot and had a massive crying jag, begging OH to help me get this over with. Today is better, the sun always helps, and I'm loving the clean kitchen. Now I can go get it all grubby again by making banana bread muffins ... there are two half dead bananas on the windowsill just calling out for a little affection. :flower:

well ladies I am now contracting pretty good...we shall see what happens! I am sooo hoping it will amount to something!:)

Omg what is going on! Hope it does for you IAB so you avoid induction! :flower: xx

Good luck IAB- yay, really excited for you, hopefully it all kicks off and you won't have to be induced :thumbup:

Sunshine you never know this could be the start of things for you, I hope so!

Nothing new here, just cramps as usual, and more plug (seriously, how much of this stuff can there actually be)

My plug has stopped now. :( Was just a bit earlier and loads of BH and I hoped that would be the start but I dont think it is. :(

Bumpy I was in tears yesterday too. Becoming a daily occurence ATM.

IAB - Sounds very hopeful!!

Oddori - loving your avatar. You look amazing!

Admiral - I know what you mean about being worried about Akerie. Could you maybe PM her? x

I will give it a go hun, at least when she eventually logs on she will see it and know we are worried about her! Xx

Had an exam today, I am one centimeter (seriously?!??? All those contractions and ONE centimeter?!!???) 50% effaced and her head is at -3 position... The midwife I saw failed to warn me that I might bleed or cramp afterwards...the exam was painless but after walking around at Costco and i felt wet so I went to the restroom and there was a lot of dark blood, I damn near fainted. I have been having cramps and contractions and I'm still bleeding so they told me to put a pad on and if it's still bleeding later I have to go back in. At least I still feel her moving just fine... :p I am tired of being teased with so many false starts :p

All quiet on the pregnant front today? No news is good news, I hope!

I'm trying clary sage oil in the bath starting today. If nothing else it smells nice and the bath was relaxing. But I don't think anything is happening any time soon for me.

Everything has gone quiet for me, gearing up for the big day?!
No contractions, period type cramps, reflux, feeling sick etc!
Just enjoying the long weekend with my little family :) looking forward to my Nans 80th birthday tomorrow! Xx

Nowt happening here either. Baby better not come tomorrow cause The Apprentice final is on and Im not missing that for anything!!

Notnic, hope you are doing fine hun. Whats your little boys name? Im dying to know and see piccies!! x

Nothing here. I called the midwives last night because the cramping was getting stronger and she got me all excited saying I was in labor. By 1 am they had stopped. :( I know baby will come when she's ready, but it's just too hard emotionally for me. Not to mention my labor seems to be coming on nothing like my moms, making it even harder to judge. I just feel like laying in bed until it 'really' starts. :p hope everyone's spirits are higher thanine today...I keep picturing my next thread in 3rd tri, 'it's my due date today...sad face'

Hang in there Kuri. I know its disheartening hun and must be terrible when you keep thinking its going to happen then doesnt. :( FX you have your bubs soon. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->