Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Good luck IAB!!! I'm sure it will all go wonderfully!

Good luck for tomorrow IAB! Hope it all goes great for you x

Good luck! Only a few hours to go now, and soon you will meet your baby!! :flower:

I have to say I am a little bit envious. It's D-Day for me and I had some false alarm contractions last night, but nothing more this morning. Since my floors are as clean as they're going to get, I've just gone and weeded between the pavers in the driveway using a garden kneeler to get me on all fours. Now all the neighbours have seen my enormous pregnant bum! :haha:

Thank youy ladies..we are leaving in 30 min and then we are on our way to baby! Love you and ty and :hug:! Will post as I can!

Oh my...went to roll over in bed after a strong contraction woke me up and woosh! My water broke. :D we are so excited. Updates coming :)

Good luck IAB and Kuri. Looking forward to your updates!!

I went into Glasgow today for a wander about then went for a curry then went and had a huge pineapple cake and apart from a sore stomach from eating too much I have no signs whatsoever. OH has refused to have sex with me (surprise surprise) so Im all out of options.

I reckon Im going to be last to go!! Bumpy have you got an induction date yet?? x

Wow! Good luck kuri!

Don't worry sunshine, I'm right there with you! Xx

Good luck Kuri!!

I'm still here as well ladies; starting to wonder if this baby will ever come out or if I'm destined to be teased for ever! (Typed while the little bugger repeatedly headbutts my pelvic floor, just to further frustrate me! Grrrr)

Good luck Kuri & IAB! Hope everything goes smoothly! :flower:

I think I'll be in the running for last to pop! Still no BH as yet.. Patiently waiting for any sign... :coffee:
Hubby made me a very spicy curry for tea (was delish), also got some clary sage essential oil so I'm off for a bath.

Oddori, whats the clary sage meant to do? Might have to buy some. x

McSmyth - are you ok hun?? Not heard from you in a while. x

Sunshine - I have a midwife appointment tomorrow, I should be able to find out when I can get an induction date then.

... but I might not need it! We just got back from dinner out and over the main course I started getting strong moderately painful contractions every 6-7 minutes. Stayed for dessert of course, no point rushing these things, but I'm about to take 2 paracetemol and a bath to see if keeps going. It's been about an hour now. I have some clary sage oil and have been using it in the bath every night since Saturday. I'm not sure how effective it is on helping to bring on labour, but it smells nice and I find it relaxing, so that's got to be a good thing.

Clary sage essential oil is meant to help to induce labour...
Use by either putting 5 drops in a bath or using diluted in a carrier oil for massage.
May or may not help but I'll give anything a go. :thumbup:

(Whoops.. Posted but missed bumpy's post.)

Good luck Bumpycat!!
xxx

Any news yet Kuri or IAB?

I had my psychiatrist appointment today and he recommended cognitive behavioural therapy with another therapist to help with the anxiety. Also was hooked up with a pediatrician -- though it's quite a drive... we don't have any in the immediate area. LO does not seem to mind the outings; though everyone we meet seems to be surprised I'd take such a little guy out. I know that if I don't go out, though, I tend to get more depressed and agoraphobic. Also, it's helped me to have support through it so that I feel more confident about going on alone with him. I've discovered how the car seat and stroller work, things to take with us in the diaper bag, and so forth. I've kept the outings fairly short though, as I'm (of course) still having lochia and still healing from my tear/episiotomy (not to mention terrible hemorrhoids). Ouch.

Feeling a little more optimistic if not any more well rested today. Got more sleep last night, but I had to resort to pharmaceutical interventions (anti-nausea pill that causes drowsiness and is safe for breastfeeding/pregnancy). And I thought I had bad sleep when I was pregnant... lol...

Aww, seems to have been a false start. Contractions have mostly petered out by now, so I'll have a little decaf tea and try to get some sleep. Might get luckier tomorrow!

Well ladies I am dialated 5 epidural in contractions 2 MIN apart water broke now just a waiting game.kuri. hope all is well with you.hugs and love to all!

Wow! My water broke at 430 am, I felt the need to be at the hospital by 830, arrived and told we were 4 cm and fully effaced! By 930 or so I felt I needed to push, and the midwife said no, probably not yet but let me check, which she did to find I was 10 cm and ready! Eden Coral was born at 10:38. :D the midwife said she could count on one hand all the first time labors that had gone that quickly in the 10 years she has delivered babies. :) so, I guess all that 'pre' labor did speed things along very nicely! She is beautiful. I could not be happier <3

Good luck IAB I hope all is going fantasically!!!!!!

Yay!! :happydance:
Many Congratulation Kuri! So happy for you!
Can't wait to see the pics of your daughter :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->