Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Argh. I'm all over the place these days! Tired, sore, virtually bi-polar in my moods (not meaning to offend anyone, I've just never swung so hard and so frequently between energetically happy and despondent exhaustion before), poor OH taking the brunt of it.

To cheer me up, I have been making up my own versions of lyrics to sing to the bump, for example:

"
Twinkle twinkle little lump
How I wonder why you thump
Up above my stretchmarked thighs
Like a planet in disguise
Twinkle twinkle little lump
How I wonder why you thump.
"

And, given that we've had at least two babies already on this thread ...

"
Two little bumps went out to play
Upon a spider's web one day
They had such enormous fun
That they called for the other little bumps to come
"

Hope that lifts someone's mood - it sure helps me when I'm taking one of my endless series of showers/baths. :flower:

Thanks Sunshine! I decided against taking the castor oil, if anything went wrong I would never stop blaming myself.
Bumpy! Those songs made me laugh so hard!!!

To add to the fun I'm now having diarrhea. Blah. I'm just laying on the couch for the day. No cleaning or activities for me.

Hey ladies. Fantastic news IAB. Looking forward to lots more baby announcements! Just a quick one to tell you that Pip's official name is Finlay James! I will do a post tomorrow I promise. I forgot when I was at the hospital that we have no Internet / PC at home and doing a post on the iPhone is a bit slow and I need some sleep. :)

mcsmyth - have they really not booked you in for an induction? After my hind waters were confirmed as springing a leak I was given a slot so that I was left no longer than 36 hours as they were worried about infection. If you haven't been / or bubs isn't on it's way then you really should call l&d.

Sunshine - I lost plug for two-ish weeks however on the day before the hind waters went I had two or three big lumps. I know plenty of women whose plug goes very soon before they labour and some that never notice it going. I think all progress is good news!

Anyway, lots of love to you all. Keep those babies coming!

You made me laugh bumpy!
Good to hear from you NotNic! Love the name! Can't wait to see your story! Xx

LOVE the name Nic! Aren't they so precious? I keep looking at my little miracle wondering whatever did I do to deserve something so amazing. Looking through his scrapbook at the empty pages to be filled made me teary! Hormones don't stop when you deliver, I suppose! :cloud9:

Sunshine... I only had the faintest of bloody show... never noticed ANY plug at all until they did my sweep in the hospital -- and even then, I didn't see much. Possible I lost it in the bath that morning, but I doubt it. So plug showing up is a good thing I am thinking!

McSmyth -- When they confirmed I had, like Nic, sprung a little leak with the litmus test (though mine was in the fore waters; Derek had plugged the rest of my waters like a little cork) -- that's when they were very keen on me delivering. I had only a slight trickle, but it was significant enough apparently (along with regular contracting). I would put on a pad and then go in -- that's how they confirmed it was indeed my waters that were going.

Any updates ladies?

Im getting induced 2 weeks today if baby not here yet. I cant believe I might have to wait another 2 weeks!!!!! :brat: :brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat:

Nothing new here, just the usual crappy sleep and frustration. We're going to celebrate the due date tomorrow by dinner out, just so I can say when someone politely enquires when I am due ... "TODAY, DAMMIT!!". :haha:

Nothing new here either :(

Managed unknowingly to make hubby sleep on the couch for a few hours last night. Seemingly I was snoring away big style :sleep: & he didn't want to wake me up as sleep has been quite elusive for me recently & changing sides is a chore. I love that man :hugs:

Brilliant idea bumpy :thumbup:

Nothing new here either :(

Managed unknowingly to make hubby sleep on the couch for a few hours last night. Seemingly I was snoring away big style :sleep: & he didn't want to wake me up as sleep has been quite elusive for me recently & changing sides is a chore. I love that man :hugs:

Brilliant idea bumpy :thumbup:

Awww thats so sweet. I had the opposite last night. My OH was snoring and I couldnt bear to wake him up as he has been working his arse off at work and around the house and pampering me something terrible/being really understanding so I lasted till 1am then went and slept in one of our spare rooms instead. Woke up this morning and my back ached like crazy!! Guess Im not used to the other mattress! x

Where you off to for your meal out bumpy? x

Where you off to for your meal out bumpy? x

Probably Loch Fyne at Newhaven. I'm not quite up to the Stockbridge, our usual celebratory spot - I wouldn't do the meal justice, and I can't fit my feet into anything other than trainers anyway!

Might get lucky and have a baby instead of going out, of course. My dad is certain the baby is coming tonight - I hope he's right, but I'm convinced it's going to be at least another week. :cry:

I'm tired... sooo tired. DH has been pretty much on the computer all day, all evening, all week this past week, and he's back to work today for a week, then he will have another week off when my mom goes home. I'm scared for when my mom leaves... Luckily I enrolled in some programs that are supposed to help with PND -- because I know I have a very high chance of having it. My anxiety is just through the roof. I am obsessed with a fear of SIDS and its keeping me from sleeping, although he is a pretty good sleeper. Also, I can't sleep with DH as everything wakes him up, he's a super light sleeper, and I can't stand to think he's upset with me or the baby. I'm feeling really quite down today... been crying off and on... I know it's partially hormonal but knowing that doesn't seem to make much difference. :cry:

it will get better serenity but it is a good idea to maybe talk to your doctor and see what they can do for you.maybe an anti depressant. All those fears and anxieties and everything else is related to the hormone crash from being pregnant to having baby! I hate it because I have crashed hard many times. It will get better in the next couple weeks ..if you want to talk go ahead and pm me. I am always here for you guys. try and hang in there and see what the doc thinks. Believe me I understand ! :hug: !!!

Nothing new to report!
My Nans 80th went really well! Things were a bit awkward with my dad. We are ready for him to come any day now, got nothing planned after a very hectic last few months! Xx

Hope your ok serenity. Do you think you might just be getting anxious about being left on your own? I was a bag of nerves when my husband had to go back to work. I had nothing to worry about, took some time to figure out a routine but loved my one on one time with my little girl. By all means if you think it is more than that then speak to your health visitor :flower: xx

Part of it is a fear of being alone with the baby, the other part is fear of somehow losing my closeness with my husband. Have anyone else's OH's been sort of "absent" at first? Unless I tell him exactly what I want him to do, he just camps out in the basement. :nope: He was really supportive during labour and the first day or so at home, and then less supportive with each passing day. And when he does come spend time with us, I feel like he'd rather be on the computer. :(

ETA: My HV is aware of my conditions - I've been medicated for anxiety and depression throughout the pregnancy (which is half of why I was part of the high risk OB clinic) - and has also told me about a support group for moms with PND/anxiety.

During the day, I'm not sure what I'm afraid of, but at night, it's the near-obsessive fear of SIDS -- I'm constantly checking to see if he's breathing. Constantly. And if I'm not checking, I'm arguing whether or not to check with myself.

I can't suggest anything about your OH being pretty distant, my husband was very hands on from the start and still is. Could it be that he is overwhelmed too rather than just not that interested? I would certainly sit down and have an in depth conversation with him before you end up resenting him, and it won't be helping the way you feel either. If I could offer any advice it would be to make sure you communicate with one another all the time, a baby brings copious amounts of change in anyone's lives and challenges for the strongest of couples. Secondly to make sure you have time for just the two of you, we always make sure we have a date night, usually on a Saturday. We either go out to a restaurant or if we can't afford it or arrange child care we cook a special meal together and sit down without the tv or phones. Don't forget the person you fell in love with before you became mummy and daddy.
I'm glad the health visitor is aware hun. The group sounds like a good idea.
As for the SIDS, I may be wrong but I thought that was a fairly common fear for any mum. I was constantly worrying and would lay awake certainly for the first few weeks watching her breathing. It did get better and I relaxed a fair bit after that but I'm still very contious of any dangers and she is almost two! Xx

You said it best admiral! I am glad someone can put it in the best words possible. I am sorry you are dealing with all these fears and anxieties but it will get better for you both but as admiral said it is all about communication and keeping 1 night a week for yourselves. I hope things get better serenity! I will keep you in my prayers!:hug:!

:hugs: Serenity, I hope it gets better for you soon. You've always got us to talk to :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->