Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Hey ladies ....amsthyste. was born at 8pm and was 19 inches and weighed 6 obser. 14oz. And she is beautiful!more to come when I get home from the hospital! Good luck to you other ladies.congrats kuri! !

I'm so very happy for you IAB! :happydance:
That's utterly fantastic news!
Can't wait to hear your story & see pics of your daughter :flower:

Brilliant news IAB and Kuri!! Glad you're both doing well and look forward to piccies soon.

Serenity - glad to hear that you're feeling better and getting into the swing of things. Anxiety and depression are god awful to deal with at the best of times, but after having just had a baby it must be very overwhelming. I've had issues in the past, so I'm slightly concerned it may rear its head again when this baby finally appears, so its great that you're doing so well. Gives me hope, thank you x

Any updates from anyone else?
I've got a midwife appointment today and she's going to get seriously nagged at to give me a sweep! She'll probably refuse, but there's no harm in trying! :)

Kuri and IAB - Woohoo!!! Its all happening on this thread at the mo! Massive congrats to you both.

Serenity - Glad to hear things are a bit better for you hun. Keep us posted. x

Bumpy - sorry it was a false start (although hopefully you have had something going on during the night.

Odorri - Might need to get some of that oil.

Vixx - Let us know how you get on at midwife. x

Congratulations on your babies IAB & Kuri!! :flower:

I had on and off contractions through till about 2am, then I fell asleep and now there is nothing. This afternoon I'm seeing the midwife, and hopefully all those cramps did enough to make a sweep possible.

Hey ladies ....amsthyste. was born at 8pm and was 19 inches and weighed 6 obser. 14oz. And she is beautiful!more to come when I get home from the hospital! Good luck to you other ladies.congrats kuri! !

Congratulations

Congratulations to IAB and Kuri!!! Beautiful names, too, ladies!

The "Count" --

:blue: Derek Andrew - Serenity - May 28th
:blue: Finlay James - Notnic - May 31st
:pink: Eden Coral - Kuriazuri - June 5th
:pink: Amathyste - IAB - June 5th

Massive congrats to Kuri and IAB! I'm so jealous lol, can't wait to read your stories and see some piccies :flower:

Nothing new here, next appointment is friday, completely fed up!

Saw the midwife today at 40+1. Everything is fine. I'm healthy, and despite my ankles ballooning again, they're still considered normal. Fundal height is 41 cm, and lump's heart rate is good at 130bpm (the rate picked up to 150bpm when it woke up and kicked the doppler!). Still head down and back to my left, somewhere between 4/5 and 3/5 palpable.

I did get a sweep, which was quite uncomfortable but not painful. The midwife said my cervix was still high and posterior, but soft and I am a fingertip dilated. It's nice to know that things are progressing, if slowly, though I had of course hoped for more.

My next appointment is for Wednesday next week, when I'll be 40+8. If I make it that far, I will be offered another sweep at that appointment. I will also get an appointment for an ultrasound scan on the 15th (40+10) and induction on the 17th or 18th (40+12 or 13). Apparently an ultrasound scan is required prior to induction, which I didn't know. I'm really hoping we get some action from this sweep, or at worst, next week's, because I do very much want at least a few days at home with just baby me and OH before my parents show up on the 20th.

Saw the midwife today at 40+1. Everything is fine. I'm healthy, and despite my ankles ballooning again, they're still considered normal. Fundal height is 41 cm, and lump's heart rate is good at 130bpm (the rate picked up to 150bpm when it woke up and kicked the doppler!). Still head down and back to my left, somewhere between 4/5 and 3/5 palpable.

I did get a sweep, which was quite uncomfortable but not painful. The midwife said my cervix was still high and posterior, but soft and I am a fingertip dilated. It's nice to know that things are progressing, if slowly, though I had of course hoped for more.

My next appointment is for Wednesday next week, when I'll be 40+8. If I make it that far, I will be offered another sweep at that appointment. I will also get an appointment for an ultrasound scan on the 15th (40+10) and induction on the 17th or 18th (40+12 or 13). Apparently an ultrasound scan is required prior to induction, which I didn't know. I'm really hoping we get some action from this sweep, or at worst, next week's, because I do very much want at least a few days at home with just baby me and OH before my parents show up on the 20th.

Im not getting a scan before induction :shrug: In a way Im glad cause I would hate to figure out what the baby is when Ive waited this long on team yellow!! Maybe its different depending on hospital?? Glad all is well and hope that you go into labour long before 40+12 hun.

McSmyth - sorry you are so pissed off hun. Its so goddamn frustrating isnt it. :(

Congrats again to everyone thats been lucky enough to have their bubs and to all those who havent, hang in there! We will get there eventually!! x

Im not getting a scan before induction :shrug: In a way Im glad cause I would hate to figure out what the baby is when Ive waited this long on team yellow!! Maybe its different depending on hospital?? Glad all is well and hope that you go into labour long before 40+12 hun.

McSmyth - sorry you are so pissed off hun. Its so goddamn frustrating isnt it. :(

Congrats again to everyone thats been lucky enough to have their bubs and to all those who havent, hang in there! We will get there eventually!! x

I was surprised to hear about the scan. Maybe it's an NHS Lothian thing? I would hope they would respect our wish not to know the baby's sex. We had a private 3D scan at 28 weeks and told them we didn't want to know, and the sonographer was excellent, didn't go near the danger zone except to check everything was ok, and told us to look away briefly at that point. I'm having some cramping and pressure now, maybe the sweep has done something but I am not holding my breath. I know they're not usually effective so early. I just wish I knew when this baby was coming! I wouldn't mind waiting even 10 days if I knew for sure that would be it!!

Well, no sweep for me today, but I'll be having one on Saturday if I can't persuade the little darling out before then! Fingers crossed for everyone x

I was surprised to hear about the scan. Maybe it's an NHS Lothian thing? I would hope they would respect our wish not to know the baby's sex. We had a private 3D scan at 28 weeks and told them we didn't want to know, and the sonographer was excellent, didn't go near the danger zone except to check everything was ok, and told us to look away briefly at that point. I'm having some cramping and pressure now, maybe the sweep has done something but I am not holding my breath. I know they're not usually effective so early. I just wish I knew when this baby was coming! I wouldn't mind waiting even 10 days if I knew for sure that would be it!!

Oh yes Im sure if you tell them you dont know the sex they will respect that. I meant if they showed us the screen and we caught sight of that area by mistake! That'd be just my luck! Hope the sweep works tonight and we have some news from you tomorrow!!

Hope bubba comes before Saturday Vixx! x

All we need is someone to put in it lol...

Attachments

• Photo0558.jpg
    Photo0558.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
Yay! More thread babies! Congratulations Kuri and IAB. I bet you are both on cloud nine! :) Any more progress today everyone else?

Sorry I haven't been on sooner. Internet reception is awful on my phone at home and it hasn't connected without a battle since! Life with Finlay is going well. He really is a content little baby. He is also the ultimate cutie pie!

Serenity - sorry to hear that you are finding things tough.

Hey girls, hope your all ok.
Well another sign for me that turned into nothing! *sigh* I was getting little gushes of clear water on and off all day yesterday. Figuring it wasn't discharge as although I have had an increase in it, it tends to be thicker and a milky colour so I called L&D. They sent a midwife over last night and she said to see if I start contracting, if not I should go in. If it is my waters I was told I would be induced. Well nothing happened overnight just period cramps, went to hospital and got an awful midwife who just rushed through everything. She did a swab and it came back negative for fluid and that was it, sent home! No idea what it was now, they have put it down to discharge but I was sure it wasn't! :shrug: xx

Sorry nothing is happening for you yet Admiral. Have you been given an induction date yet? Have you heard from Akerie? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->