Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

No induction date yet Hun and not heard from akerie either :shrug: xx

Just quickly, had stretch and sweep yesterday at 4pm. Contractions started at 10pm. Got to 5cm at home and contractions just stalled. At hospital now, been given antibiotics just in case it was waters that had gone and just waiting to be hooked up to a drip to get things going again.
Hope your all ok xx

Good luck Admiral!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you :flower:

Oooo finally you are there Admiral!! Exciting stuff! Good luck hun.

Anyone else got any updates. I dont. No change whatsoever and Im just off to the shops to buy some lovely food for the weekends meals so baby better not come before Monday as Im making an effort to cook nice stuff and going into labour will ruin my plan!!

No updates from me unfortunately:nope:
Been feeling crap the last few days - like at Christmas when you've eaten & drank too much added to the feeling that you're coming down with the cold/flu.
Fed up!
I know this'll pass but it's difficult to get motivated :shrug:
Hope everyone's doing well xxx

Awesome Admiral! I say we should be able to veto bad midwife decisions, or at least get a second opinion cause it sounds to me that was your waters! Also, no one ever told me but when your water breaks, amniotic fluid has this sickly sweet smell. I guess to some it smells good, every time I would leak I would gag :/

We are home now, enjoyed our first night at home, it's not half as bad being up all night in your own place versus the birth center! My snuggle bug is sleeping on my chest after some successful nursing! I hope everyone is going to try to breast feed, it's pretty dang amazing!

Sunshine, good luck trying to get all that done! I can't believe you have energy for the store!! :D that's fantastic :) I'm sure you'll be in labor soon, your bump is awesome!

Woo hoo Admiral! Can't wait to hear how you get on!

Sunshine - really sorry. You don't realise how much you use the tinterweb until it has been taken away from you! I am at my Mum's now so I will try to post using her pc shortly.

Serenity - i meant to post a much longer response to you earlier, but the tiredness factor keeps kicking in! :) I just wanted to say that I have had days where I feel like you. My OH is extremely hands on during the day, which leaves me frustrated because my instincts are being questioned a lot. Baby blues kjcked my butt big time on Day 5. I had a horrible midwife appointment. My nipples have been massacred by Finlay, my stitches hurt and my confidence was pretty much in tatters. At that low point I started to panic about his breathing. Before I was fine. I think you are doing amazingly well and you should pat yourself on the back. Good work mama!!

In terms of birth story, I will do one in 3rd tri even though the mods will move it. I'm feeling rebellious! :) Finlay is doing brilliantly. Eats and sleeps like a trooper. I am breastfeeding and I find the act more enjoyable then I thought I would but my nipples are cracked and the mw has put me on expressing only for 36 hours to give them a chance to heal. Really miss doing it which I wouldn't have thought I would do.

Everyone else keep us posted for changes! xxx

His first profile pic. :)

Attachments

• Finlay Day 1.jpg
    Finlay Day 1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
Awww Natalie, I just burst into tears!! He is gorgeous!!

I was going to ask you how you got on with breastfeeding. Ive totally gone off the idea so thinking Ill try it but I reckon Im going to end up bottle feeding. Im just feeling weird about the whole thing.

I drove into Stirling this morning, met a friend for lunch then went to the supermarket and did a big grocery shop and then drove back and just home. Its tired me out a little bit but Im glad i went. Im so bored at the moment. Its at times like this I wish I didnt live in a village where I know no-one! I get really lonely these days. :cry: I miss living in Edinburgh sometimes. :(

Hi girls,
Just a quick update, Dylan Kai was born at 12:30 weighing 8lb 1oz. They started me on the drip at 10:00am and I had him within two and a half hours! Very intense as they progressed quickly but I managed with my trustee tens machine and gas and air for last half hour. We should be able to go home very soon.
Can't wait to get home and see my little girls face! Xx

Good luck Admiral, I hope everything goes well for you.

Notnic - finlay is gorgeous, you must be one very proud mummy!

No real updates from me, still having loads of twinges and random bouts of contractions, but nothing to get excited about. After weeks of false starts and being told by everyone that I'll go any day, it's a bit depressing that its my due date tomorrow and still no baby. I'm beginning to think its never going to happen :(
Hopefully the sweep tomorrow will do the trick.

Hi girls,
Just a quick update, Dylan Kai was born at 12:30 weighing 8lb 1oz. They started me on the drip at 10:00am and I had him within two and a half hours! Very intense as they progressed quickly but I managed with my trustee tens machine and gas and air for last half hour. We should be able to go home very soon.
Can't wait to get home and see my little girls face! Xx

Oh hun Im so pleased for you!! Congratulations!! :hugs:

Thanks ladies! I am rather smug. :D

Sunshine - I need to leave the pc in a minute but I'll post you a msg on breastfeeding soon. If you remember I really wasn't that keen so maybe my experience might be able to help you. I also don't hugely believe all the medical hype about bf so maybe a more neutral pov might be beneficial for you. x

Admiral - woo hoo! Super congrats my lovely. I'm not jealous of that labour at all :haha:

xxx

Wow Admiral! Many congratulations :D
That was über quick! Can't wait to see a picture of Dylan :flower:
Talking of pictures - NotNic that is one super gorgeous wee boy, Finlay is just beautiful. xxx

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been on to update but just got out of thehospital yesterday! Amethyste Noelle Rayne was born at 7:59pm on tuesday night and weighed 6#'s14oz and she was 19 in long! She is a very gorgeous little girl and I am sorry to say we can't find the USB cord to upload her pic but I will when I can get one. We are totally in love and she is the sweetest thing ever! Congrats Admiral on Dylan! And hoping you all have a safe and smooth delivery when its your turn!love and hugs to all:)

Congrats again to all of you who have already had your little bundles.

Who's next!!! ??

I reckon Bumpy. x

Congrats again to all of you who have already had your little bundles.

Who's next!!! ??

I reckon Bumpy. x

You're absolutely right! Give the lady a prize :haha:

My yellow bump turned beautiful blue. Gabriel Colin Richardson was born at 2:24am on the 8th of June, weighing a hefty 9 pounds. The rest of our birth story is in the relevant forum here: bumpycat's birth story.

And here's a bonus pic just for you ladies:

Photo on 2012-06-09 at 08.10.jpg

What wonderful news bumpy! :hugs:
That's a brilliant pic, you look so happy :flower:

Away to read your birth story :thumbup:

Yay Bumpy Im so happy for you!!!!!! Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! Im all teary eyed again (whats going on with my goddamn hormones!!)

My bets are on McSmyth next! Is it just me, Oddori, Vixx and McSmyth left now? Who have I missed?? x

Congratulations Bumpy! Fantastic picture as well.

I think its pretty safe to say I'll be bringing up the rear! Good luck to whoevers next x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->