Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

Oh my it's like a baby factory on this thread woohoo :happydance: Congrats to everyone who have had their LO's!! xx

So who all is left now?

Had my 2nd sweep yesterday just before 3pm, at around 7pm started to feel little twinges that weren't really that noticeable. By bedtime I had pretty sore backache that was constant and felt like I was on my period. Woke up feeling the same, and had a bloody show and have been feeling crampy since. Pleaseeeeeeee just let this be the start of things!! I'm sick sore and tired of being teased and I want this baby out now! My 13 year old sister goes on holiday on tuesday and I really want her to meet her nephew beforehand :hugs:

I'm getting cramps every now and then (haven't bothered timing, sick of false hope) that start under my bump where my knicker line would be, and bump goes hard like a BH only in a different place, please tell me this sounds promising? The TWW was nothing compared to this torture xx

Ooo that sounds promising mcsmyth! Fingers crossed for you!

I'm off for my first sweep in an hour and I really, really hope it works! My fundal height is 46ish now and I'm soooo uncomfortable and over being pregnant it's not even funny. Plus all our friends and relatives have started harassing us for updates, I may have to kill one of them as an example for the rest!

Happy due date Vixx, hopefully your LO doesn't keep you waiting too long!

How did your sweep go?

Well I've been having the constant back ache getting gradually worse for a few hours now. Every time I go to the loo and wipe now there is blood streaked mucous (sorry tmi) and am getting quite sharp pains every 15mins or so, I so hope this is it, I'm waiting on my food shopping being delivered between 3 and 5 today, would be typical to go into labour now lol. xx

Congratulations on the Little Ones ladies! Loving the pictures! We should do a little scrapbook on the first post for our little group -- a running list of birth dates, gender, and maybe a picture for each of us! :cloud9:

Things are getting much better for me. I joined some mommy meeting groups, told my HV that I would like to join the Post Partum Mood Disorder community support group, have been getting out of the house nearly every day, and have been starting to get a bit more sleep and a bit less anxious. Yesterday and last night he's been feeding every two hours; think it's the two-week growth spurt just a tad early. Tomorrow DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary, which we were trying to do the day I went into labor, by having dinner and a movie -- a much-needed date night while Mom watches my little wiggle monster. :thumbup:

Glad things are getting better for you Serenity. :hugs:

McSmyth - that totally sounds like things are just about to happen for you. Betcha you will have your baby by monday at the latest! :dance:

I am sooooo gonna be last!! x

I had my sweep at 4 and labour began around 10 so fingers crossed for you girls! Mine started with cramps too!
Good luck to all of you yet to have your babies, I will keep checking in for any updates!
I did write my story and then lost it so will try and do it soon! Xx

The sweep went well, I'm 2cms and she managed to get right around and have a good stretch as well. I've been having cramps and things since then, so I'm hoping it'll be sucessful and they don't just wear off as they have previously.

Well girls this is it!! Having contractions every 6-10mins, and they are getting a little intense. Have had two paracetamol at about 7.30pm but still coping ok.

I think I was in denial earlier, started contracting at around 2pm, and they got noticeable at 4pm :)

I'm just back from the hospital (just went for a check up to make sure everything was ok) and I'm 3cm. The midwife was fantastic and was happy enough for me to go home until I can't bear it any longer :D Bring on the pain!!

I'm so excited and very nervous, and will hopefully have an update soon. xx

Good luck mcsmyth!! Hope it goes really well for you x

Here she is!!!

https://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i346/Kursten_Payne/560387_384933004900889_1379538505_n.jpg
[IMG]https://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i346/Kursten_Payne/543533_3573953501449_2118070306_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i346/Kursten_Payne/576909_3578721420644_1353833616_n.jpg[/IMG]
https://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i346/Kursten_Payne/603071_3585877568810_1982967670_n.jpg
https://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i346/Kursten_Payne/550776_3582136906029_2114899503_n.jpg

Kuri - she's tiny and I'm loving the headband. :)

Woo hoo Bumpy. Super congrats. You look fab. I wish I looked that refreshed now. :)

Mcsmyth - good luck lovely. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Serenity - sounds like things have really turned the corner for you. I'm so pleased for you. It's interesting you saying about an early two week growth spurt. Finlay has been especially hungry in the last 24 hours and quite grumpy. Perhaps he's doing the same.

Are you girls posting in Baby Club?

Good luck to Sunshine, Oddori and Vixx. I'm sure you little ones will be here very soon. Do any of you have dates to be induced?

Fingers crossed NotNic :) Got an appointment with my midwife tomorrow @ 14:00 if the wee guy doesn't show up before then & she's going to do a sweep. I guess we'll talk about an induction date then too..

Kuri - congrats again! You must be so happy, she's a wee cutie :D

Mcsmyth - Hope everything is going smoothly. :flower:

Vixx - Glad your sweep went well! Hope your cramps build into something :thumbup:

Sunshine - Any signs for you yet? Still nothing for me :(

Hope everyone else is doing well! :hugs:
xxx

Still no signs for me yet Oddori.

I have a midwife app on Tuesday for a sweep but Im going to call them in the morning and get it changed to tomorrow at 10am instead then I intend to go and climb Ben Nevis to get this little blighter out! lol

Im getting induced a week tomorrow if no sign of the bubster by then.

Notnic - If I get time I might post in Baby Club although Ive heard mixed reports about it so might just wait and see. I will keep in touch with you guys on here though if you are still posting. Would hate to lose touch after all this time!! x

Kuri - what a little sweetheart you have!

I'm pretty wiped out today. Gabe is feeding every 1-3 hours with shorter intervals in the night, which has turned us topsy turvy. We're doing shifts during the day to sleep between feeds, which really helps with the sanity. We don't expect any visitors till he's 12 days old, and this is absolutely magical. Everyone gets to see him on Skype lots, and we get to really focus on what works for us without worrying about needing to get dressed or anything.

I've been searching baby club threads for advice on various things but so far have not needed to post as any issues we've had are very common or universal. :flower:

So my sweep was a waste of time earlier today. She couldnt do it because my cervix is too high so couldnt sweep the membranes. Getting induced Monday at 10.30. I hope baby comes before that but its not looking likely :(

So sorry to hear that your midwife was unable to do the sweep. Do you have to go for another one before Monday?
Sending loads & loads of positive thoughts that you start labouring before Monday!
:dust:
xxx

Sorry to hear your sweep didn't go well sunshine. Fingers crossed that your LO surprises you and arrives this week. Induction isn't ideal, but at least you know the maximum you'll have to wait to meet him or her x

So cute Kuri!

Sorry about sweep sunshine. This may be a silly question but is being induced the same as going on a drip? If so it really wasn't that bad for me Hun but I do hope you go earlier anyway. Seems that a lot of people do as their induction date approaches which is really weird!

All the best to the rest of you anticipating your arrivals! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->