Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

UK ladies - I got a leaflet from my midwife about breastfeeding classes. What I failed to ask was whether these are for after the birth or before it. Anyone know? They are NHS ones. x

Thanks Sunshine. My sister sounds like she has it under control and tbh my MIL has the strops so much that it would be nice for once to know what she's annoyed about! The afternoon would be so much nicer without her and one thing I'm not going to do when the baby is here, is pander to her. Does anyone else find that there are certain people now they are pregnant they just don't have any tolerance with? Mine is definitely her and Pip and I do not like her touching our bump at all! She insisted on touching my bump and demanding to feel the baby kick. I very politely told her that Pip doesn't move on command and will only move for the cats and at set times of the day. Hubby backed me up and agreed that Pip wouldn't move. She insisted on tapping my bump and thankfully Pip stayed perfectly still :haha: I think it might be my proudest pregnancy moment so far! :rofl: I went and sat down and as soon as she left the room Pip got all figety as if to say 'Mummy do not let those witchy fingers come near me again'! Haha!

Mcsmyth - sorry to hear about your heart valve. Could it be the extra blood and the artery dilation from being pregnant which has caused the problem?

Sunshine - my notes tell me that the NHS bf'ing classes are suitable after 24 weeks so I would assume yours are the same. We have drop in clinic sessions for extra support after the baby is here.

Good to hear from you IAB, glad your doing ok.
Notnic-your story made me laugh!
Sunshine-sorry I have no idea about the leaflet, when is your next appt to ask midwife?
Well my little girl seems to be better, was a tough day yesterday looking after her! No sign of my husband and I getting it. I have just bought some light fittings and looking at some storage shelves to put in the play room! Hubby will have a busy bank holiday weekend!lol! I can't believe I am trying to get everything done before baby arrives, the house has been fine as it is for two years!loll! Hope everyone else is ok, have a good day xx

My last full day of work today! Half day tomorrow, and that's it. I decided in the end not to work part time from home for the next two weeks, and just use up the last of my annual leave. The baby has definitely dropped, and the resulting hip pain is affecting my sleep to the point where I'd be more likely to make mistakes than to do anything truly productive. I've handed over or finished everything that affects other people in the research group or our collaborators, and it's only my own projects that are being put on hold for the time being. I feel good about the decision, and happy to coast through the rest of today and tomorrow morning. :thumbup:

Glad all the ladies are doing ok from the sounds of things. I think I got that breastfeeding class leaflet too, sunshine, but I was planning on going to a La Leche support group if I need help, so it's probably been stuck in my increasingly bulgy baby-paper folder, and I don't recall anything about timing. Given the quality of the NHS classes so far, I wouldn't bother anyway - we could probably learn more from online video demonstrations.

Goodmorning to all of you ladies, just a quick update I gad my appt. yesterday and everything went wonderfully he is almost engaged and I am thinning so my Dr. set me up to have him on the 24th of this month, she really eants me to take it easy because she does not want me to have him any earlier needless to say I am very HAPPY that I will meet my son in less then 3wks YAY!!!!!!!!!!

IAB- I am happy that you are doing better lets keep it that way..LOL!!!!
Bumpy- I am so jealous only a half day today and you are officially off to do whatever you want well deserved I must add......

Notic- I agree I so can't stand unwanted BUMP touches it makes me want to jump out of my skin, and yes as far as loosing interest in some people I find I have been doing this I have little to no patience for some. Maybe its due to pregnancy hormone or maybe its just my intuition!!!!! Have a lovely day...

Hello peeps. Just to prove how big I've got literally overnight!) here is my 35 week snap. :)

Attachments

• 35 wks.jpg
    35 wks.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
Akerie thats great. Wow, 3 weeks and you will have your baby!!
Notnic - lovely bump!

I woke up this morning feeling like Id eaten a whole chocolate cake last night my bump felt so big. Id say its gotten alot bigger over the last few weeks. I dread to think how big its gonna get!! x

woooohoooo 35 weeks!! We are almost there ladies!! I know I updated after docs last week but I also forgot to report I am probably being induced on june 4th or 5th by advice of the doctor. Lots of issues that could arise.Akerie-that is so exciting about you and your little one. won't be long now! NotNic-beautiful bump pic. Sunshine-I have exploded and I am not sure where it all came from lol. Bumpy-I bet your so excited about work being done!:)Admiral-I did everything so last minute lol. Even just got my hospital bag together and the babies lol. Oh well!:) Well just thought I would try and catch up with everyone:hug: and love to all!:)

Hello ladies, what a great Saturday it has been! Lots of sun, mild pottering about the house, and a glorious nap. I feel SOOOOOOO relaxed being on leave now. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I can't believe my green-red ticker is on its last picture today and that my baby is due in exactly one month!!! :flower:

Omg how exciting akerie and IAB! Not long at all until you meet your baby's.
Congratulations on last pic bumpy! Sounds like you had a lovely day!
Love your bump NotNic!
I have had a very busy but good day! We have nearly finished off all the painting we need to do.I cut the grass and cleaned half the house. Have to finish off painting and cleaning tomorrow and doing some shopping for last hospital bag things and a gift for our girl from baby :) then on Monday we are going to have a fun day with our girl! Xx

Hi Ladies! Glad to hear everyone is doing ok.

Akerie & IAB - exciting news on getting a date for meeting your LO! I hope everything goes to plan for you.
Sunshine - the breastfeeding classes are generally for before birth, I went to one a few weeks ago and found it to be quite useful. Juggling a knitted boob, which was handed out to practise expressing techniques, was highly amusing, I only wish I could have got a photo of them all.
Notnic - I feel your pain regards to MIL, mine is a complete control freak and has seriously crossed a few lines recently, but that's a long story.

Well I've had an eventful few days; I'm currently sat here with sore arse cheeks from the two steroid injections I've been given and I've spent a considerable amount of time sat around in maternity wards being tested for diabetes (again - which I passed, again!) and having various other assessments completed. Long story short, my fundus height is 39, LO's abdomen is measuring at 39 weeks, with estimated weight at 6lbs 4oz and I'm now classed as having polydramnios (too much amniotic fluid). But they can't find any reason for any of it :shrug:
So we've been warned that I could go into labour and/or my water could break at any time, hence the steroid injections to give LO's lungs a boost.

I probably should be sat around doing bugger all (as I am having quite a few cramps, twinges, contractions and a whole lotta pressure), but I can't seem to keep still for more than 10 mins and I've pretty much rearranged our whole apartment, cleaning it as I go! I've nearly finished now and will endeavour to rest once it's done.....honest :winkwink:

That nesting instinct is a sure sign Vixx! ;) Keep us posted on any updates.

Just a quick update for me as I should be sleeping but I'm just too wired! Baby shower was lovely today though a wee bit stressful. A few of my friends couldn't make because their little ones had got a couple of nasties from nursery and were in quarantine. As expected it has kicked off with my in laws. My SILs found out about the baby shower two weeks ago. My sister sent an email to apologise, but still didn't invite them. Rather than push the point and invite themselves they waited until half way through the shower to send snide comments to my sister by email. They both also made digs about it on facebook but neither of them actually took the time to send me a text wishing me a nice time. I get that they are hurt to not be invited, but having seen the emails one in particular sent I'm glad she didn't come! Now my mum and sisters are concerned it will bite me in the ass, but I can't be doing with all that. If they cared that much about me and the baby then they would be more respectful and would have wished me well. They're too busy making it about themselves!!

Tonight I've had a lot of braxton hicks and my mum was keen I stayed over rather than drive, but as soon as I felt better I came home. There's nothing like your own bed!

Hope you're all well. Will do a proper post tomorrow. xxx
!!

Thanks Vixx, Ill book into those next week then. Hope you ok (and arse cheeks on the mend lol). x

Notnic - what are they playing at. They are acting like spoiled children! Id be inclined to just ignore them as it sounds like they are still a bit bitter about it all. Last thing you need just now is drama.

I had loads of braxton hicks yesterday within a very short space of time. I went to the supermarket and think I overdid it a bit as they started after lifting quite a few heavy things (like bags of BBQ coal) into my trolley. Ended up having to get a chap to help me put it all in the car then got about 6 BH in the space of an hour when I got home. OH was all worried but they settled down eventually.

This is TMI but is anyone finding themselves to be a bit more "regular" and "loose" in the toilet department? Over the last couple of days things seem to be that way and I also have terrible wind as well (sorry but its not that normal for me and Im just wondering if its maybe a sign of my body preparing for labour.) I wish I had a dog to blame it on. :blush:

Hey all,

hope everyone is keeping well-scary how close we are all getting to the big day :)

Just a flying visit for me, but Sunshine I've been the same for about 5 days now with my bowels, being going on average twice a day (sorry tmi) and they are loose too. I'm hoping it's our bodies prepping for labour.

I have my first parentcraft class on tuesday, have decided to go as even though I feel I'm not going to learn much and am still hoping for a natural birth, now that my heart results are in and some other things I have concerns about, I'm just hoping to get an insight into the "what if?" side of things.

Will hopefully get a bump pic up soon, but don't think I've got any bigger, feeling smaller now that he has dropped so much :shrug: xx

Yeesh, I'm all over the place in the bowel department too. Maybe it's just something that happens around now? I get clusters of BH if I walk too far/too fast, or if I try lifting heavier things, but it's been happening for so long now (since mid 2nd tri) that I've got used to them. I suppose I should pay more attention now at almost 36 weeks. :haha:

OH has given me his cold. He did try very hard to keep it away, slept in the other room, lots of handwashing and no smooching, but I guess my immune system is suppressed enough that I got it anyway. Luckily it seems to be a minor one. He only really had it for 3 days and today he is much better so I am hopeful that being on leave I can get enough rest that it will be over quickly for me too.

I had a nice little swim this morning before the cold symptoms kicked in. It feels so amazing to get the weight off my poor swollen feet and achy back. I love that I can still swim almost normally - just slower and need more frequent breaths - and feel like my body is my own in the water. Then I get out and the cannonball drops again!

Aw bumpy I hear ya!!! I went swimming yesterday too, it was so nice!

I only have one week left of work and am so excited. We are also (in)patiently waiting for news on our new apartment . It is soo stressful having babies things spread between 3 houses. My dreams keep reminding me of how unprepared I feel. In all of them she arrives and nothing's ready!

Are you guys going to start 'helping' your body start labor when you hit 37 weeks? Somehow oh and I are still intimate quite often and I get nervous my waters going to break at times!

Glad everyone is doing well, and woo hoo we are almost there!!

Quick question for you girls- Does it ever feel like baby is "shuddering"? Quite hard to explain but sometimes it feels like our wee man has the shivers or something? Bit freaky x

McSmyth - Yes Ive had that and have seen threads on it so its very normal thankfully.
Glad its not just me who is noticing a difference in the toilet department or the braxton hicks one. I reckon our bodies are preparing for baby arriving. Ive been feeling today like baby has gone much lower. Im not sure if he is engaged but I feel alot of pressure down quite low.

Kuriazuri, I dont think Im going to do anything to try and make baby come quicker. I dont know if its because its my first but Im of the opinion that if he wants to come he will and if he aint ready yet then I dont want to force him. I was consider raspberry leaf tea but only because Ive heard it can make labour easier but I havent researched it enough yet. x

Sunshine, I was also think of raspberry leaf tea, but the pros and cons (of at least what I have read) seem to be pretty even which makes me cautious. I think I'm going to start 'helping' mentally through visualization when I feel ready. I am also trying to keep active, although just one hour swimming yesterday kept me in bed till two this afternoon! I will be going on short walks with my dog, and I've heard walking helps.

And I forgot to mention last time I am with you all on the plentiful Braxton hicks and noticed a difference in the BM department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->