Hello, Newbie to WTT.

Sooz

Paige & Mason's Mum!
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a few months and posted a couple of times in panic last year when AF went awry but the result came back as :bfn:, which was in many ways a relief I have to say.

I'm getting hitched in August and H2B wants to start trying asap for a baby but, being the 'sensible' one in the relationship I'm feeling a little more reserved about the whole TTC thing. There is a little pressure from the inlaws, as his Mum really wants to be a Nan but I'm only 22 at the moment and she seems to forget that there is a 5 year gap between us. :dohh: I am also slightly worried about what my Dad will think...as we currently rent and I bring in more money than H2B, so finances would be tight if I went on maternity leave.

So, I don't really have a date to aim for at the minute but hoped chatting to you ladies could help me figure out if or when I will feel ready, that is if you ever can feel totally ready to have a child. Anyway, I've rambled a bit but you can see I'm having a conflict between head and heart at the moment :blush:. Hopefully some time around you lovely lot can help me figure out what I really want.

Look forward to chatting to you all!

Sx

Sounds like you've got a good idea of what you want already. it's always better to plan ahead and give any LO's the best chance possible. I've gotta wait for at least 5 years so i'm just planning ahead right now. I'm just concentrating on me and the OH for now... it gets hard at times tbh. I just want to chuck Uni away and start now but I know I shouldn't. There are loads of lovely ladies on here that have to wait for some reason or another so I'm sure someone is in your position.

Welcome to WTT btw :) Hopefully see you around.

Hello and welcome to WTT
Sounds like you have a good plan and i can see how its a hard decision.
All i say is go with you heart, i guess being so close to August you havent got long till wait till your wedding which will keep you busy!
XX

Hullo Sooz! I think that you are being very sensible & ultimately it's really only you & your OH that can decide... perhaps when you & your OH have had some lovely marital time to yourselves you can start thinking about when you might be ready! It is always good to have time to save too :)
Welcome!
Katie x

Many thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

Yes I think really we need to focus on getting the wedding out of the way first (that may sound an odd way to talk about it but OMG time is dragging!!) as it takes up an awful lot of my free time and frequently sends my stress levels through the roof! After that I'm sure we will have some extra cash, and a LOT of extra time which I won't have a clue what to do with, lol.

Sx

Welcome, hope you get the advice and support that you need

Welcome to WTT - I hope you find the support you need and good luck with your wedding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->