HELP! 9 DPO Implantation Bleeding or AF a week early?

MaeBump

Reaction score
Yesterday when I was 8 DPO I started 'spotting', but today I would say its too much to call it spotting - more of a light to medium bleed. It started off more pinkish yesterday but today it seems red. I am analysing it that much that I feel like I don't even remember what AF blood looks like but I think normally darker right?

I am not due for AF for another 7 days and my cycle is normally so regular so I am hoping this is Implantation Bleeding, but I am losing hope that this could be AF come early. Has anyone experienced this?

I did have the Implanon implant and got a period within 24 hours of having it removed, so my body adjusts well. I got a positive OPK on CD13 and BD at the right times. My temperature is still high and has not dropped - please check out my chart and let me know what you think - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34b950

Please has anyone had this bleeding and gone on to get a BFP? How long did you bleed for and when did you get your BFP following this? Thanks to anyone for taking the time to read this and good luck to you all xox

Not sure, implantation bleeding is usually brownish as by the time is comes out your cervix it Is old. But don't lose hope until it's a normal heavy flow. Try doing a test in a couple of days xxx

Hi,
I can feel the anticipation in your post - I really hope you do get your BFP this time!
Trying to read the signs is so difficult because most early pregnancy symptoms are the same as AF due symptoms. However, a continued raised BB temperature can be an early pregnancy symptom - but this isn't a reliable sign.
Fingers crossed for you!! :thumbup:

I myself am going through this. It is most definitely red and I started on the night of 6dpo. I am not bleeding constantly it on and off. It even went away on 8 dpo but then I have had a few drips of red blood here and there. Not to be gross but it also smelt like fresh blood really strong. I am not due AF until the 30th. I am not sure but I was wondering so I looked it up and found this What implantation bleeding looks like depends on how long it takes from the blood to travel to the outside of your body. The color of implantation bleeding can vary form bright red to brown implantation bleeding. Bright red implantation bleeding means that there is an active area of bleeding within the womb and blood is flowing from the site of implantation to the outside of your body very quickly. It may indicate that implantation has just occurred. So many there is hope. I will cross my fingers for you and I hope this helped....

Wondering how this turned out for you? I'm going through the exact same thing right now. Started seeing blood 8 DPO (yesterday). It's dark brown and thin blood (no clots) and only when I wipe, but it's more than just spotting. I O'd on CD12 and we BD'd like crazy around that time this cycle, so I'm PRAYING it's IB, but I have a bad feeilng it's a VERY early AF.

I'm 13 DPO and had bad cramping last night and brown d/c today. I have long cycles but I think this is AF :( Keeping my fingers crossed that it could be implantation bleeding though...since this morning, no more blood. I did have a lot of CM though...is that normal with implantation bleeding?

i had the same spotting symptoms last thursday browny d/c last 2days had mad cramps with it, im due on tomoro but dont feel any signs for it @ all!
i tested his morning but got a neg result but been told to test again next week as my hormone levels may be lower than other womens. there is still luck for u hun! :)

I did a lot of research on this a while back. Implantation bleeding usually happens in the middle of your LP...too early for it to be AF (maybe about a week early). It can last anywhere from one wipe on the towel to three days and can vary in color from brown to red. The reason for the difference in colors is just how long it takes for the blood to travel out of your body. The redder it is the quicker it traveled or the fresher the blood. Your BBT will most definitely lower if it is your period, so the fact that they are still high and possibly climbing is a GREAT indication that it's implantation bleeding. Every woman is different, and I believe only about 10-20% of women even experience implantation bleeding at all.

I really hope this is your :bfp: ! GL and FX'd that this is your month!!! :flower:

I did a lot of research on this a while back. Implantation bleeding usually happens in the middle of your LP...too early for it to be AF (maybe about a week early). It can last anywhere from one wipe on the towel to three days and can vary in color from brown to red. The reason for the difference in colors is just how long it takes for the blood to travel out of your body. The redder it is the quicker it traveled or the fresher the blood. Your BBT will most definitely lower if it is your period, so the fact that they are still high and possibly climbing is a GREAT indication that it's implantation bleeding. Every woman is different, and I believe only about 10-20% of women even experience implantation bleeding at all.

I really hope this is your :bfp: ! GL and FX'd that this is your month!!! :flower:

Todays the day im due! and no sign of the witch she normally likes to wake me up in the morning but definatly no sign of her coming either!
Keeping my legs toes fingers everything crossed! i hope this is me this month! i ordered stick tests yday off ebay should arrive weds or thursday cant wait to poas! lol
it must have been IB last thursday it has to have been i hope so anyway trying not to get my hopes up, but every 1 keeps saying the chance is there until af shows up so hope there right!!
xx
How are you and your symptoms xx

I was due on on the 18-20 of July (not sure exactly my cycle, 28-30 days as it varies) and yesterday I started bleeding (the 14th of July) thought straight away it was implantation and was so happy. But then it got slightly heavier (like a medium period) with mild cramps (i usually get heavier cramps) and Im still bleeding today but not as heavy as I usually am. Did a hpt this morning which was negative. I wonder if this still could be implantation bleed or if I am indeed 5-6 days early?? Be and my bf had sex every day (sometimes twice a day) at time of ovulation and around. I fell pregnant straight away with my first two babies. Me and my bf just started ttc 2 months ago. Any advice????

I thought this would be helpful :

Q: When does implantation occur?A: Implantation occurs 7-10 days after Ovulation. Theory/research has that the absolute best day for implantation is 8dpo. It can happen at 11 and 12 dpo as well, but along with the wait comes an increasing chance of miscarriage. You may have a little spotting along with implantation, faint twinges of pain, or scant spotting when you would have expected AF. Also, if you chart, you'll want to note that the implantation dip is a myth. Dips on your chart are generally caused by an increase in estrogen (as around O) or perhaps other factors, but are not proven to be tied to implantation.

Q: How early can I take a pregnancy test?A: Since implantation usually occurs around day 8, a few days after that hcg may be detectable. If you are regular, the best thing to do is wait until the day after 'AF' (Aunt Flo, your period) is due. If your period is irregular, give it two weeks and a day after you had expected AF.

GL :dust:

Hi girls - I had sore boobs 10 dpo so much so that I tested in the morning at 11 dpo - clearblue digital positive 1-2 weeks (that was last Friday). That night I started very light brown spotting but only when I wiped. It wasn't every day and gradually got lighter till yesterday it was almost all gone. Retested yesterday and now at 2-3 weeks so it's progressing :)
I know it's scary, but just rest up (I rested all week as I lost 2 before this and really want this one to stick) - also read somewhere that drinking loads of water (2 litres a day) really helps. I don't know whether that is what caused the spotting to calm down or whether it would have stopped anyway - but no harm in trying hey?!
Fingers crossed for you :)
Xxx

When I got Prego in December of last year, about 10dpo i started bleeding.. now normally my period is 3-4 days of heavy and then 1 or 2 days of spotting.. All it was was 2-3 days of light and then a day of spotting..
So it depends what the norm is.. for you.
If you say ur pretty regular Id say theres a good chance its implantation bleeding. GL
Sending lots of babydust ur way.

I know this thread is old but it has given me a gimmer of hope. I am 10dpo and started to spot yesterday (just slight brown on tissue when wiped). There is more today, more of a build up of bits of brown. Just feel like it is AF early (as I would normally start with her spotting on 12 or 13 dpo...)

As this started yesterday (9dpo) I had hope it was IB but it has not stoped so now I'm just 4 days from AF I'm thinking this is AF.

Oh I'm so confused, my head is back and forth :(

I just got my bfp I have a regular 27 cycle and I found blood on 7dpo after sex, it was brown, so when af didn't show up 10 days later I didn't even have to test, so if ur regular and u have bleeding over a week early it may be IB

Good luck

I just got my bfp I have a regular 27 cycle and I found blood on 7dpo after sex, it was brown, so when af didn't show up 10 days later I didn't even have to test, so if ur regular and u have bleeding over a week early it may be IB

Good luck

Congratulations to you! Have a wonderful pregnancy!

I hope I do have IB like you did, but yours was slightly earlier than mine. Did yours last more than a day?

Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"