HELP! Advice needed for sore throat

LittleKitten

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'll be 11 weeks on Monday, and I have a really bad cold and sore throat.
I'd been really cautious about taking anything, but I've just gave in and taken paracetamol, which I know is safe to take in pregnancy.
My throat is killing me though and I wondered if anyone knows if you can use Difflam spray in the first trimester? Google doesn't seem to have any answers and I'm too scared to take it without advice.
Thank you in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

My doctor says for cold/cough to only uses Tylenol Cold and cough drops.. or Robutusin DM.

I had strep throat a week ago and needed antibiotics to get rid of it. For my sore throat I had caffeine free tea with honey ...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I have tonsillitis right now and by far the worst sore throat I've ever had. Can't eat sleep or anything. Been to the doc 3x this week, and told the same thing. Try 1 tbsp honey, mix with 1 tbsp lemon juice mix them together and it will coat your throat. Also, warm salt water gargle if you can stomach it.. dont swallow it. Otherwise, Tylenol and cough drops. My doc just gave me steroids because I can't eat, and even that hasn't done much for me.. Worst week ever. Hope you feel better!

Hugs! :hugs: I am also 11 weeks on Monday and have my son's crappy cold! :(
I have tried two things - gargling with salt water (but that didn't work for me) and I have also been gargling with an apple cider vinegar and water mix. The vinegar/water seems to help a little. Also herbal tea with honey, though I find that the honey is great for about 5min then it is just as bad. I have a humidifier at night as well so my throat doesn't get as dry over night. Hope we both feel much better soon though. xo

I had the worst sore throat, and I threw up every time I tried to gargle. This was the oly thing that helped: https://store.xlear.com/eSource/eco...age=&store=&itemNum=XLM&siteId=1&bulkexists=0 (its completely natural and safe)
It was seriously a miracle cure for me, I had instant relief (slight, but noticeable) and my throat was completely better in 24 hrs (after about 5 uses). I had to use it regularly for a few days or it would start to hurt again, but now its completely gone.
I got it at Whole Foods.
Good luck! Sore throat pain is so awful, especially when paired with nausea

Jakeman's cough sweets are brilliant and safe

Honey and lemon in hot water is probably your best bet, sounds grim :(

hi everyone
i have come down with cough and cold feel awful
this isn't going to affect babies to be is it? x x

Not at all - You'll feel miserable, but baby will be fine!

Nope last time i had a terrible throat and cough for 15 weeks, hes healthy. This time i came down with a killer throat from 3-8 weeks baby is swimming merrily though

lol you do worry, i keep sneezing and holding my tummy thinking god bet they hating this! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->