Help, cb digital positive frer negative?

Silisanne

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been getting clearblue digital pregnant 3+ for 5 days. yesterday I did 2x frer and they dont look positive to me. I can see a very faint line, however, I feel that it could just be an indent. Frer and CB in pic taken with the same sample.
Does anyone have any experience with this? what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20170507_203113 (1).jpg
    20170507_203113 (1).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 119
How far along would you be? It could be the hook effect. Try diluting your urine and taking the frer. Do 50/ 50 water and urine.

Hi I would be 6+ gestational weeks. I tried diluting with the frer and it was the same faint line. I will be seeing my doc today. Im so confused as I called Clearblue and was told that the threshold for a 'pregnant 3+' was 2600miu.

That is so so strange!!! It must be the hook effect then. I never had that on frer and I've taken them up to 6-7 weeks pregnant as well. The only thing was that the test line would completely take away the control lol as in much darker and all ink went there. I'm sure you are experiencing hook effect.

I would say the frer is faulty Hun as u didn't just get one digi with the 3+ xx

Thanks.. I took 2x frer, one normally and one diluted to check for hook effect. both frers were very faint. I had blood drawn today and an ultrasound, the technician didnt say anything about seeing a baby. Time will tell, thanks ladies.

Did the technician say anything at all? That is odd! Best of luck for good news! xx

Thanks.. I took 2x frer, one normally and one diluted to check for hook effect. both frers were very faint. I had blood drawn today and an ultrasound, the technician didnt say anything about seeing a baby. Time will tell, thanks ladies.

at 6+ weeks, youd 1000000% see SOMETHING.

You could still be too early to see a hb with a scan. Maybe try a different brand of tests Hun maybe it's a faulty batch. X

Perhaps you aren't as far along as the CB digi would have you believe, they aren't a perfect science. If you were 6+ weeks along with a viable pregnancy, the sonographer would have seen a tiny little blob on the screen with a flickering heartbeat.
My guess is with those faint FRERs and the digi, and the scan as well, you are maybe a little behind what you thought. I hope everything turns out ok x

Very strange- hope you get some answers. I know you aren't supposed to, but can you open the digi and take a pic of the lines?

Oh wow. That has completely blown all of my expectations out the water. Keep us all updated with hcg beta results. Fingers crossed :flower:

Have you tried any other brands? I really hate FRER but if you were 6 weeks, you should see SOMETHING on the FRER. It could be that either the digitals were faulty or that the FRERs were faulty since you got the same result on each brand. I would agree with the other ladies and maybe you aren't as far along as you thought? I'd try a different brand of test and see. I hope you get some answers soon!

Ok so I have used 6 x clearblue digital's, only 2 were from the same box. All others were different batches, some purchased online and others in person. All clearblue digital say 3+. Laraloo i opened one clear blue, it has 3 x very distinct blue lines inside.
My partner works away so I dont think I have the dates wrong. Very frustrating all round. I see the doctor in a few hours so hopefully I will get to the bottom of what is going on.

Chiclets no the technician was very tight lipped, she asked me a couple of questions but didnt tell me anything. She took lots of pictures of my uterus and endo but I dont see anything. I tried to compare the pictures and measurements using google but it didnt help me at all.

Ok so a note on the information I have been able to put together regarding the tests (no help to me currently lol)
Frer uses a modified test strip that picks up ALL types of hcg present in urine, this is what makes them the more reliable test.
I am unsure what type of test strip clear blue uses in regards to hcg types but here are the thresholds for the results of test.
10 - 156 will display pregnant 1-2 weeks.
156 - 2600 will display pregnant 2-3 weeks
2600 and above will display pregnant 3+ weeks.
CB is curious to follow this up for me and have asked me to send them my test, maybe some answers in the future.

That's so bizarre. Did your doctor give you your beta? At 6 weeks, I would imagine there would be at least a sac. Yolk and pole and hb are still a toss up at that point, especially if your dates are off even by a couple days. Hope you get a (good) answer soon

Hi, my ultrasound results show all normal with no indication of pregnancy. My beta hcg was 2miu which is my normal. I think I have no need to ever test with clearblue digital in the future.
Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice, if only af would hurry up now so we can start a new cycle.

Sorry hon :hugs: definitely say something to the company. That's absolutely inexcusable! Fx for your next cycle :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->