Help....Early scan. So confused!

Vikki2010

Reaction score
Hi all :) Sorry if its a bit long but I am sooo confused just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation....

I come off my pill he start of Feb and have only had 3 periods making it 45 day cycles. I finally got my BFP on 29th July the line was not faint. Done a clear blue digital on 3rd Aug that said pregnant 2-3 (making me 4-5 weeks if correct). I have no idea when I was ovulating.

Anyway went for an early scan the 6th of Aug due to previous mc. First she done a tummy scan and seen nothing so she done an internal and all she seen was a tiny sac that she had to zoom to see she said it might not be viable and to go back in 10 days. I went back on the 15th and she done a tummy scan and seen a sac, she done an internal again for a better measurement and seen the start of a yolk sac but dated me 4+3 saying conception was roughly 21-27 July But I got my BFP on the 29th July? I am back in 2 weeks to see how things are going. Is it even possible to see the start of a yolk sac at 4+3?? I am sooo confused makes it worse that I had no idea when I conceived! :wacko: She said the conception indicators on clear blue digitals are not always reliable but still doesnt make sense to when I got my BFP assuming I would be about 3-4 weeks when I got that first early scan was the 6th so I thought I would have been around 4-5 but on the 15th of Aug I am only 4+3!!

Anyone else been in a similar situation?

Hi Vikki,
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. It must be driving you mad all the not knowing! On both those visits did they do your HCG levels as this would surely give more info on wether things were progressing?
I had 2 miscarriages so have been through the same sort of things with scans but all I would say is I always have a tiny bit of doubt/regret that I didn't give the first pregnancy enough time! I have read so much about women being told things are not progressing when for some reason they just weren't the 'norm' in terms of measurements etc and then they went on to have normal pregnancies!
I really hope this is the same for you! Doctors and measurements and tests etc etc can be wrong and there is so much uncertainty in your case that there is still hope.
I wish you the best of luck! :flower:
Laura x

Hi Vikki,
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. It must be driving you mad all the not knowing! On both those visits did they do your HCG levels as this would surely give more info on wether things were progressing?
I had 2 miscarriages so have been through the same sort of things with scans but all I would say is I always have a tiny bit of doubt/regret that I didn't give the first pregnancy enough time! I have read so much about women being told things are not progressing when for some reason they just weren't the 'norm' in terms of measurements etc and then they went on to have normal pregnancies!
I really hope this is the same for you! Doctors and measurements and tests etc etc can be wrong and there is so much uncertainty in your case that there is still hope.
I wish you the best of luck! :flower:
Laura x

Hi no she didn't request bloods as in the 10 day wait for the next scan things progressed as they should.....She has classed it as an on going pregnancy because the sac grew and there was the start of a yolk sac present.....When I go back in 2 weeks time she said I should be about 6+3 give or take a few days and should see a lot more. Just confused to why I was measuring so small from when I got my BFP.....I am not cramping and had no bleeding which she said is a good sign and I definitely feel pregnant I am soo nauseaus, dizzy, tired and very sore boobs butthese are all new symptoms just started yesterday I only had sore boobs on the 15th when I went for the second scan and she said thats the only symptoms I would have for being 4+3 so it made sense.....Im just not so sure :nope:

Yeah I agree it seems odd with the dates etc. it's good that there has been progression since the last scan. I have a tilted (Retroverted) uterus which iv read can make things hard to see and can make you measure behind so there are reasons for odd measurements too. I am 6 weeks today and have no symptoms! I have had one sore boob (why only one!) but that's gone now!
I am awaiting a scan on 27th August so like you it's one big waiting game!

All we can do is stay positive and get support from those around us (and on this forum)! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->