Help figuring out who the father is?

LennaG

Reaction score
Had sex March 4th-6th, 11th-13th, 18th-20th, 24th-28th, this was with my ex boyfriend. Then April 1st-3rd I had sex with another guy. Took a pregnancy test April 6th and it was faint positive. Went to clinic to take their urine test on the 8th of april two days later...it was positive. Then went back for ultrasound May 3rd and they said 7wks 2days with due date of Dec 18th. One month later at my first OB appointment they did a dating scan that put me at 13weeks+1day, due date of Dec 13th, which is 5 days earlier than the first U/S. Question is...when did I conceive? Confused because I have irregular cycles. Did I get pregnant from the sex beginning of April? Or in march?
Im sure its more likely to be my ex's considering I got a positive only 5-7 days after sex with the other guy.
Trying to determine who the father is..I know I can't be 100% certain without DNA test, but thats not an option for me as I have no contact anymore with the two men.

Honestly really just need input and reassurance. Thank you. No negative comments please, this has been a huge stessor for me.

Going by your due date of dec 13th, you likely conceived around the 22nd march. So it is almost certainly your ex's. Its highly unlikely to be the other person given your date and the fact you tested positive within a few days.

:flower:

Going by your due date of dec 13th, you likely conceived around the 22nd march. So it is almost certainly your ex's. Its highly unlikely to be the other person given your date and the fact you tested positive within a few days.

:flower:

Im really hoping it's my exs. Im not sure which scan I should go by tho, the one that put me at 7+2 or 13+1. My dating ultrasound put me at 13+1 (21+6 now) with a due date of Dec 13th and thats what my doctor is going by. I couldnt go by my LMP as I can't remember when it was, although most likely sometime within the first 2 weeks of march. Either scan puts conception around March 22-27th, so that would be my exs. Its just SO stressful to think about. This hasn't been an easy pregnancy for me, although everything is healthy with my baby girl, the emotional stresses have been so tough. Its really getting me down some days. Some days I'm happy thinking "Oh its for sure my ex's, theres nothing to worry about" and then the next day Im like "But what if it's not my ex's.." its just always in the back of my mind. I know the best way to resolve all this is DNA testing, but thats not an option as I have no contact with either men and they both live in a different state. Its just very stressful, which is why I'm asking for reassurance and input to try and ease my mind. I know stress is bad for the baby and Im trying my best! Im so young too, only 19 and will be a single mommy!

I will just say that both of my pregnancies they put me a week ahead at my dating scans even though I know exactly when I ovulated & conceived as I was TTC and charting :shrug:

I would say it is likely to be your ex's but you will never 100% know without DNA testing

Good luck :flower:

Go by your dating ultrasound. The reason they want to do a dating ultrasound at 7-10 weeks is after that, babies begin to differ a lot more in size. Some 13 week babies will be much bigger than others, etc. At 7 weeks, they are all pretty much the same size. So I would go by your dating scan and assume you just have a bigger baby. Your due date should still be the 18th. It's definitely your ex's baby, hun. It is not possible for it to be the other man's baby.

I agree that going with your dating scan is the most sensible option as baby is bigger & they can measure more efficiently x

I agree, you can be sure it is your ex's based on your dates and when you got your positive.

I'm sorry you're going through those feelings of uncertainty, I went through it with my first son.. He could have been from one of three men, none of them good options. With no dad around after he was born all that mattered was that he was mine and he was beautiful : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->