Help for new mums using Angelsounds from 9 - 12 weeks

daopdesign

Mummy to 3 wonderful boys
Reaction score
Intended for new mums or those who have never used this doppler before here are some tips that will help you understand what you can hear:

Around 9 or 10 weeks buba's heart is very small so you won't hear a thudding sound, more like a: (I'll try to word this as best I can without you being able to hear!)

pow, pow, pow, pow - you will know when it's not your heartbeat as yours has more of a thud to it.

The best place I find quite early on is just to the right of your pubic bone, up a little but a couple of cm from the belly button. Baby will most likely move so even if the dopplers in the same position you might stop hearing it. Just be patient and it should start again or move the doppler a little from side to side.

It helps to have a full bladder and remember if you don't find it first time try again the next day. I'd been trying for a few days and found it for the first time today.

After around 13 weeks the heartbeat should be very prominent and easily distinguishable as your babies but remember in these early days only expect to hear a powing sound and it won't necessarily sound very fast either because the doppler is only able to pick up the small waves.

I still haven't found my little one's hb, but am not worried as I hear it moving ALL the time. Maybe I've been searching too far down? Thank you!

Good tips for any doppler! In my experience, having a full bladder is definitely one of the most important factors, especially early on. The other day I was trying and trying to find the heart beat with an almost-full bladder but couldn't, so I had a big glass of water and waited 15 minutes. When I tried again I found it within 10 seconds!

I still haven't found my little one's hb, but am not worried as I hear it moving ALL the time. Maybe I've been searching too far down? Thank you!

I was the same with my first pregnancy, wasn't until around 13 weeks I could properly confirm the hb so don't worry. Give it a few days and try again x

Found my Babas heartbeat at 10weeks.. was hit and miss as it kept swimming away!

1st time i found it, it was below my Hip bone and more to the middle, now its more above the bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->