Help from all who got their BFP!

Pearly86

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently in my ttc, and really want to have some input from all you guys who have made it!
please list all the different things you guys did the cycle you got your BFP.!!
really wish to follow them to achive mine and also it would help others achieve too..

Hi there,
The first time we used clearblue OPK's and conceive plus; this time was a bit of a shock and we just dtd three times around O.

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp soon. I really do this is comes down to dtd at the right time and the rest is luck!

Hi Mrs HM,

Fistofall, many many congratulations on your pregnancy!!..its so thrilling to know someone who is pregnant...:) m so happy you replied! thanks a lot I really appreciate your inputs and m sure this thread is gonna help many others too!! wish you a very H&H9 mo,

continous dtd around O time that means when the opk is +ve we need to dtd continously right ??
or u suggest bding continous to the days leading up to O?? sorry if my ques is sounding dumb..but thanks again for your reply dear!!

We didn't do anything except enjoy each other - she was conceived on our honeymoon! I think I'm going to go straight to that route with the next one; definitely much easier and less stressful then trying to chart and time things right! :haha:

Good luck!

Ours was a "surprise" baby...

Probably didn't make a difference, but the night she was conceived I had a big "O" :blush:... I guess I was also having that other "O" as well!

We were trying and used ovulation tests but it didnt seem to be happening, then we went on our holidays and I was due to ovulate but didnt bother to take the tests, low and behold I got pregnant! People did say that when you relax about it it does seem to happen which was true for us xx

We didn't do anything except enjoy each other - she was conceived on our honeymoon! I think I'm going to go straight to that route with the next one; definitely much easier and less stressful then trying to chart and time things right! :haha:

Good luck!

concieving in honeymoon is like bonus!!..wow..its must have been really ecstatic!!... so the next point is to just enjoy bding !! congrats on your pregnancy dear!!

Probably didn't make a difference, but the night she was conceived I had a big "O" :blush:... I guess I was also having that other "O" as well!

Thanks a lot for replying badmamJAMA,

I couldnt understand the "o" thing could you please explain!..sorry forteh pain though for explaining it all over to me!

We were trying and used ovulation tests but it didnt seem to be happening, then we went on our holidays and I was due to ovulate but didnt bother to take the tests, low and behold I got pregnant! People did say that when you relax about it it does seem to happen which was true for us xx

Hey Nats,

Big congrats on your success..Ican feel how happy you must have been when its like you try and get it right after without trying much!!
so ok the lesson learnt is to just relax and not get panicky over all these things...U knw what m going on holidays too this month hope it becomes true for us too..I am not gonna be using opk as m having lots f travel.so hoping it happens!!
point 3. Enjoy!!
Thanks for your input dear!!

Our successful cycle, I'd just had four irregular long cycles in a row following my MC, and was pretty sure I wasn't ovulating (I was charting my temperatures and not seeing any continuous increase, and also not getting positives on ovulation strips). So I'd started taking thyroid medication (my GP found that my levels were a little low) and a round of Clomid (lowest dosage). I'm not sure which helped more--maybe both equally!

What also helped a lot was, we'd basically thrown in the towel for that cycle because after three weeks I still didn't seem to have ovulated, but then a couple days later I noticed a lot of EWCM and that my cervix seemed to be showing the signs of ovulation, so I thought, might as well give it one last shot! And that's the night our LO was conceived. :D

Thanks a lot for replying badmamJAMA,

I couldnt understand the "o" thing could you please explain!..sorry forteh pain though for explaining it all over to me!

Big O = orgasm

Turns out I was also ovulating.

For the record, I don't think it has much to do with anything... but it does fall in with the theme from PPs... relax and enjoy!

We tried for 18 months with no luck. I've felt very few things in my life as miserable as TTC. I can still work up a cry just thinking about it.

My advice would be to talk to your doctor early and often. Mine was great, but I was so worked up and sad about not being able to conceive that I just didn't take advantage of it until I'd already been agonizing.

I was on the depo shot for a long time. After almost a year, my period didn't come back. I was stressing and finally just cried in my doctor's office and he prescribed two months of birth control pills to jump start my cycles. I took them, and it worked! I got my period. Then I started being crazy regular and could use the over the counter ovulation prediction kits. I would start testing on CD 10, just in case. We had sex every day and sometimes two or three times a day during the fertile window.

For some reason, I wasn't actually ovulating. I, again, cried in my docs office and he immediately prescribed Clomid. I was on CD 5, but he said I should take it anyway. I did, then I ovulated on CD 14 and we only had sex that day (we were both really sick).

That was the cycle I got pregnant!! I really didn't expect it to work the first time. I even picked up my second cycle from the pharmacy! If I had asked my doctor after six months, he would have done it. I was just so sure that it would happen without help (I come from EXTREMELY fertile stock). I wish now that I had just immediately done the Clomid when we realized that something wasn't right.

Birth control can really mess with you. In my opinion, it's better to be proactive. Good luck! Hopefully your TTC time is short-lived!

For the record: we did a long time of the "relax and enjoy each other" method. Sometimes, that really just doesn't work. Don't feel bad or beat yourself up if it doesn't go that way for you. I kept feeling like it wasn't working because I was stressed and uptight. Nope. It wasn't working because I was storing 10 years worth of depo in my (somewhat substantial) body fat and it was preventing me from ovulating. No amount of relaxing would have fixed that.

used preseed lubricant and OPKs. those are the two biggest things that helped me get prego the first time after 8 months of trying. PLUS, that month we got a dog and i stopped stressing about getting pregnant because i was too busy training the dog!

Our successful cycle, I'd just had four irregular long cycles in a row following my MC, and was pretty sure I wasn't ovulating (I was charting my temperatures and not seeing any continuous increase, and also not getting positives on ovulation strips). So I'd started taking thyroid medication (my GP found that my levels were a little low) and a round of Clomid (lowest dosage). I'm not sure which helped more--maybe both equally!

What also helped a lot was, we'd basically thrown in the towel for that cycle because after three weeks I still didn't seem to have ovulated, but then a couple days later I noticed a lot of EWCM and that my cervix seemed to be showing the signs of ovulation, so I thought, might as well give it one last shot! And that's the night our LO was conceived. :D

Hey Sorsha,

thanks for replying!!..I can see the struggle and the achievement makes it all worth!!...so ya EWCM is a great sign and m going to be looking for that last cycle i had tonns f that but couldnt bd as had so many guests at home
but this cycle m not leaving any chance thanks dear f giving info!!

We tried for 18 months with no luck. I've felt very few things in my life as miserable as TTC. I can still work up a cry just thinking about it.

My advice would be to talk to your doctor early and often. Mine was great, but I was so worked up and sad about not being able to conceive that I just didn't take advantage of it until I'd already been agonizing.

I was on the depo shot for a long time. After almost a year, my period didn't come back. I was stressing and finally just cried in my doctor's office and he prescribed two months of birth control pills to jump start my cycles. I took them, and it worked! I got my period. Then I started being crazy regular and could use the over the counter ovulation prediction kits. I would start testing on CD 10, just in case. We had sex every day and sometimes two or three times a day during the fertile window.

For some reason, I wasn't actually ovulating. I, again, cried in my docs office and he immediately prescribed Clomid. I was on CD 5, but he said I should take it anyway. I did, then I ovulated on CD 14 and we only had sex that day (we were both really sick).

That was the cycle I got pregnant!! I really didn't expect it to work the first time. I even picked up my second cycle from the pharmacy! If I had asked my doctor after six months, he would have done it. I was just so sure that it would happen without help (I come from EXTREMELY fertile stock). I wish now that I had just immediately done the Clomid when we realized that something wasn't right.

Birth control can really mess with you. In my opinion, it's better to be proactive. Good luck! Hopefully your TTC time is short-lived!

For the record: we did a long time of the "relax and enjoy each other" method. Sometimes, that really just doesn't work. Don't feel bad or beat yourself up if it doesn't go that way for you. I kept feeling like it wasn't working because I was stressed and uptight. Nope. It wasn't working because I was storing 10 years worth of depo in my (somewhat substantial) body fat and it was preventing me from ovulating. No amount of relaxing would have fixed that.

Thanks Sojourn,

just read the whole post f urs..and I must congratulate on ur BFP!!..
thankfully I am ovulating so I do not need clomid..and I have had my day3 test too..so everything came good...
I just need to get the timing right.cuz from past few months something or the other is kinda preventing us to bd on the right time..hope we are able to do that .and we get our baby!!..

thanks so much fr all ur advice dear!!..

used preseed lubricant and OPKs. those are the two biggest things that helped me get prego the first time after 8 months of trying. PLUS, that month we got a dog and i stopped stressing about getting pregnant because i was too busy training the dog!

Hey Thanks Bamboo!!
COngrats on ur BFP!!
and preseed is something wch m going to try fr sure this cycle..as I have heard a lot f good things abt tht ...and ya bieng lil less stressful is really what is required fr bt f us!!
Thanks hon for ur advice!!

I didn't chart but tried do DTD every two to three days, especially around the middle of my cycle when I thought I might ovulate. I also tried to lie down for ten minutes afterwards if possible. Good luck to you x

It took us 6 months and I used OPK the month I got my BFP. Good luck hun xx

thanks a lot hun my 5th cycle this si gonna be..hope it doesn go far from this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"