• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HELP!! Getting married in may, want something different i.e Photobooth any ideas????

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
basically what can i have thats different on no more than £250??

website links etc all appreciated :)

xxxx

Hi

Congratulations!

What about a caricaturist? I'm not sure how much they are but I went to a summer party once and they had one, it was brilliant!

Have fun planning!

ice sculptures, ice cream cart, roulette table, candy buffet, erm can't think of owt else off the top of my head x

the best idea i've come across at a wedding is instead of them sugared almonds for each guest, they bought everyone a lottery ticket, rolled it up and put a lil gold bow on.. quite a few people won something! x

the best idea i've come across at a wedding is instead of them sugared almonds for each guest, they bought everyone a lottery ticket, rolled it up and put a lil gold bow on.. quite a few people won something! x

i like that idea :thumbup:

at my uncles wedding the men got a minature whiskey and the women got a small bottle of Rose wine as favours, they had a pick and mix table a (fake money) roulette and blackjack area and girls dressed burlesque style with over the neck trays (like at the theater) handing out icecream, cuban cigars and chocolate cigarettes, it was amazing!

Does your wedding have a theme?

At my wedding I wanted to have stuff to entertain the kids so I got things like a pinatta (the adults enjoyed that as well) and games like badmington, giant board games.
I actualy have a photo somewhere of me running around in my huge wedding dress playing badmington with the kids :)

Originaly I was going for something very differant with my wedding though but it worked out a bit too much, I was originaly going to have a themed medieval wedding so we found a place that hired out jesters, jugglers and even jousters.

How about somthing like
a bouncy castle (kids and adults love them)
A fire eater (check rules at the venue)

Here are some good sites
https://www.contrabandevents.com/
https://www.theeventscompany.co.uk

How about a rodeo bull?
My step-dad used to have one, will post pics in a min, and may be able to help you with a booking x

This was my step-dads, he sold it to his friend when he had a heart attack but im not sue how much Lloyd charges.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v275/160/72/1317161230/n1317161230_30073271_5816.jpg

We bought an old polaroid camera (cheap on ebay) and an empty picture frame with the intention of setting up a photo corner. We hoped all the guests would hold up the frame and get a polaroid snap of themselves and then hang them up on a washing line with pegs for the other guests to have a look at and then they would go in the guest book.

Then we found out polaroid don't do film anymore! There is a company that make compatible film but it works out about £1 per picture. I did look into photo printers which would work just as well I imagine.

I can;t remember the name of the company but I had a machine thing that had a gallery of pics showing from our stag & hens and it had a camera so people could record mesages to us and now we have a dvd of the messages going from sober to drunk singing later in the night...it's brilliant!

We did something similar with polaroids but it was 3 years ago so we were able to get the film. My Aunt was stationed at the entrance to the reception and instead of having a guest book, she took their picture and had them sign the white part at the bottom and then we tucked the pictures into one of those "ribbon boards" with the ribbon wrapped around. It was fun looking at all the pictures after!
The one thing a lot of people commented on about our wedding: we had a sit-down dinner but the guests had a little cocktail hour while we were at the church getting pictures done. I knew the kids at the reception might get restless so I put a little decorative tin bucket of crayons on each table that had children at it. Along with some photocopied coloring sheets in a wedding theme (Teddy bears getting married etc)
candy bars are very popular now. I've seen neat ones with big clear glass "vases" and various shaped containers full of candy and then chinese take away containers for the guests to fill up and take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"