Help is this ohss? (confirmed: yes, it is)

Kirei

Reaction score
Hi sorry about my writing i'm doing it with my phone i can't sit at computer. I am 9dp5dt of one grade b blastocyst. I think i had mild ohss after er but they still did et as i felt ok. Et was monday last week. Since last thurs i have felt bloated, pain when i walk, lay on my side, stand up, yawn, laugh, sneeze, eat. It's getting worse. I've had a bit of the runs and was sick this morning for the first time. My jeans no longer do up and i've gained a few pounds. Do you think this is ohss or a reaction to cyclogest? Might it mean i'm pregnant? I haven't called my clinic because i am 2 hours away and couldn't face the journey. I'm staying with my mum and dad who are looking after me as i'm signed off work due to the pain. Sometimes i feel a bit better so i wonder will it go away on its own if i keep resting and drinking? I'm drinking gatorade. Thanks for any advice x

Sorry i should have said i am weeing ok and the pain is worst just above my belly button. Also i was called back as my day 5 bloods showed levels of 2000 but they didn't see any fluid then and i stimmed to day 8 then was ready i had 12 eggs removed. I kept asking questions but they didn't think i was at risk of ohss. Thanks again for any advice this is my first ivf.

Didn't wanna read and run honey. I know you're a long journey away buy if call your clinic, might just put your mind at ease! Xx

Quick update. Did a clear blue digi it said pregnant 1-2. I'm 9dp5dt today. So if it is ohss will it keep getting worse as my hcg increases or settle down? Didn't ring clinic because i feel a little better since being sick earlier. Baby dust to all

I agree Kirei, even if it's just to have a phone consultation you should speak to your clinic. They will be much better at assessing your symptoms than any of us lot!

I'm so sorry you're feeling this, I totally sympathise as I had a couple of days like that last week (between EC and ET for me though). If it *is* OHSS then the gatorade is good, also protein and salty food.

But do make sure you get the clinic's advice either way.

Good luck and really hope you feel better soon!!

X

Ooh Congrats!! Everything I've read says ohss can get worse when pg so keep vigilant honey! X

Oh Kirei fantastic news!!! Deffo still ring the clinic as it's the HCG that can make OHSS get worse and that will be increasing now that you are pregnant.

X

Thanks all for your replies. I'm going to contact the clinic as you suggested. I'll give them a call first thing. Good luck to all of you waiting for a bfp as well!

I'll keep updating this in case anyone else ever has a similar situation.
Just to let you girls know, I did ring my clinic as my pain and discomfort are still very bad. They said it sounds like OHSS, I have got a scan today, so I'll try to update later today or tomorrow.
Good news is I POAS two more times since Wed, as today was my OTD. Got a nice line on a normal test and another "pregnant 1-2" on the other digi in the pack, so it's finally sinking in now xx

Hi, and I'm sorry I couldn't reply until now, I was admitted to hospital on Friday with OHSS, they monitored me and gave me protein in my vein because my level was apparently too low. They discharged me today so I can hopefully manage it at home, I have to drink 3L water per day. They said it can go on for a few weeks - it's really uncomfortable, but anyone else with similar symptoms I would advise to get checked out, as they found I have a lot of fluid in my abdomen and near my liver and spleen - they didn't drain me but said drinking water will help my body process water quicker and hopefully soon I will absorb the excess fluid. Thanks for your messages

Thanks Dream, I am still really sore and swollen, my waist measures 105cm and I just hope it starts going down soon! I think the clinic want me to come in for another scan soon, waiting for them to ring. It's just such a pain as it takes 2 hours to get there and travelling is so uncomfortable like this. Hope you don't get OHSS!

Do u mind me asking how many eggs you had? I just wonder how to prevent it?

Oh and congrats on the positive! I'm sure it's scary and hard right now but look down the road after a happy healthy nine months, stay strong!

Do u mind me asking how many eggs you had? I just wonder how to prevent it?

drink drink and then drink some more lol, i was drinking about 2ltrs of water a day to begin with but felt very poorly a couple of days into stims i then upped it to 3-4 ltrs and felt much better, i carried water with me every where i went and just sipped it all day x

kerei i hope your starting to feel better and congratulations on your bfp x

I only had 12 eggs - I say only, I know that's quite a lot but I thought OHSS normally happened when you had 20+ eggs...
I also had only one embryo (blastocyst) transferred.

Hmm wow I better get used to drinking loads more water. Hope u feel better!

Yeah please drink plenty of water. Right now I am trying to drink 3L per day. Before I got OHSS I did drink a lot though, at least 2L per day, so really go for it with the water, you don't want to have this if you can avoid it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->