Help is this ohss? (confirmed: yes, it is)

Drinking plenty of fluids is vital!! I was a high risk of ohss, they even put me on meds for it at my second scan they were that worried! I had 30 follies and 15 eggs collected and initially we thought we may have to do a fet as my estradiol levels were so high: almost 10000!
I have drank stupid amounts and not developed ohss :) had our transfer which is fab! Si drink, drink, drink!!

Omg wow, I think that's what I'm most afraid of. I'm starting the birth control pills tonight and I'm just gonna get a water bottle and start on this ASAP! Thanks for sharing ur experiences!

Dont be scared, I terrified myself for nothing! Just drink lots :)

I feel really down now, think the hormones are kicking in. Spoke to my clinic who said I have to come in for another scan this week.
I hope I've improved and don't have to be admitted to hospital again. I'd be so stressed and angry at that because the hospital is hours from where I and my family live, I want to be in a hospital closer to me if something goes wrong. Can I refuse to be admitted and say I'll go to A&E if I get any of the symptoms I know to look out for (what they told me when I was discharged yesterday)? At least then I'd be in a local hospital and if I got sick again my husband would be there in 10 mins rather than 3 hours :(
Obviously if I was at risk or my baby was at risk I would go in for treatment but not monitoring just for the hell of it as I think the stress of hospital would be really bad for me at the moment.
I'm sure my local hospital has a great gynae department who could handle OHSS.
I'd be interested in what people think and sorry for my rant - I feel better writing it down!!! x

Oh honey how stressful for you! Not a nice situation at all. I should think you could he transferred to a hospital closer to home if you need to be admitted?? X

Thanks Dream, I've calmed down a bit now, yes I bet they would especially if I explained why and that I wasn't just trying to be awkward. I think stress is worse for baby than OHSS so I hope they would bear that in mind. DH said they probably didn't mean they were planning to admit me - I just dread it because it's so far away!

I would call them back and clarify just to calm your nerves. R u feeling any better?

Thanks I feel much calmer now - I have the GP tomorrow so I think I'll ask her. I don't want to ring the clinic, as I waited in their queue for 90 minutes this morning!!! Not fun especially as I was on a landline, I had to leave it and go to the loo once and luckily hadn't lost my place in the queue!!! But I will ring them if the GP doesn't know, thanks!! xx

An update - had my scan today the fluid is much reduced, as is the pain, I can stand and move around without pain now - finally!
He looked and looked for ages because I asked him to try and see the baby and finally they saw the sac - he said it is in the womb so it's not ectopic, that was all he could tell me as it's still too early. Have another scan a week Monday and he said they should see the heartbeat then. I am only 5w 2d today.

That's great, I hope you can be more excited about ur BFP now without worrying about the ohss!! Very happy for u, congrats!!

Congratulations! I am happy to hear your OHSS went down...that is what I am most worried about! :cloud9:

Thank you, yes I feel almost back to normal now, I even took a short cycle ride yesterday to make sure I could manage it before going back to work next week. I think if I was to do it again I'd drink much more water all the way from egg collection, as looking back I don't think I drank enough and that's what got it getting better in the end, because it gets your body processing faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->