Help me... Am I pregnant? Going crazy

Dock1

Reaction score
I had unprotected sex two weeks ago (which was two weeks after the first day of my period). I've always had irregular periods, so I wasn't worried about getting pregnant.

Here's the thing...
-About 8 days after we had sex, I had bad cramps in my lower stomach
- I had some dark spotting when I wiped, but just for a day and a half (implantation bleeding?)
-I get queasy a *little* bit throughout the day (no vomiting)
-I'm so tired I can barely stay awake.
-Smelling pancake syrup makes me want to gag, but I am craving potato salad with honey on top.
-I have been unusually hungry
-Weighed myself and have gained 3 pounds.
-I'm really thirsty which is making me have to pee a lot
-I'm constipated.

Now, I took a pregnancy test today at two weeks (first response early detection) and it was negative. My breasts are not sore in any way.

What is going on with me?? Please help and God bless.

Hi,
Really only time will tell but I wouldn't make much about how you've been feeling. It's too early for implantation bleeding, and very few people get real symptoms this early. I'd take another test in a few days. ;)

POAS in a few days. Sometimes you have to wait until first day of missed period.

FWIW, usually you don't have that many strong symptoms that early on. They generally don't really kick in until week 4-6. If you are now 4 weeks into your cycle, you'd just start to be getting symptoms. My first "I know I'm pregnant" symptom is my boobs.

Not saying it isn't possible, just saying to POAS on your first missed day. You won't know til then.

If I'm understanding right you would be due for your period any day now then? If you have irregular cycles then it's really hard to say but you likely didn't ovulate exactly 2 weeks after your period, but it could be.
When did you have dark spotting? Implantation bleeding can occur anywhere between 6-12DPO but some women also experience spotting around the time their period would have been due. It's usually light, pink/brown/tan in color and cramps are nothing like AF.

If your test was negative today (BTW you'd be considered 4 weeks by the time period is due) it could just be too early so wait a few days and if you still don't have AF retest.

It is definitely possible, and quite common, to have symptoms as early as a few days past conception. Many women (myself included) have actually felt what we believe was baby implanting.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon!!

It just really makes me nervous because of that dark blood when I wiped. I never, ever spot. Ever. When I wiped, it was like brown and not period blood, but not just discharge. And it only lasted a day and a half. Not even enough to be on a panty liner, but just enough to be on the toilet tissue.

Then I get a negative test... I just *feel off* too... Like my brain isn't where it should be. I tried to turn off the tv with my car alarm the other morning. I'm usually so active and I exercise like a mad woman and I can barely get through my morning fitness routine. I know it's so soon, but I just don't feel myself. I don't know...

wannabemommy37... When you say wait a few days... Maybe on Saturday? Or can I test as soon as Friday?? I know "time will tell" obviously, but that's not really comforting to me when this is all I can think about.

It's possible. Just wait to test after you miss your period.

The cramps and spotting could have been your ovulation too.

I have never ever spotted before in my entire life. Not even once.

And also the cramps were not like my normal cramps. How long should I wait to test again?

Wait to test until the first day of your missed period.

If I were u I'd be testing like now but I was a POAS addict lol. I would say test again tomorrow I know everyone says use FMU but my tests were always darker in the afternoon maybe try both :D GL Hun xx

You can buy some really cheap packs of early response preg tests on ebay, if I were you id be testing everyday! I am a POAS addict :haha:
Sounds like you are possibly pregnant, only time will tell! Good Luck :flower:

I never spotted mid cycle either but after I had a baby and my cycles returned I would spot during ovulation. That's why I mentioned it. If your cycles are already irregular it's possible this one is just really wonky. Wait a few days and test again. Try not to stress because that could delay your period

I'll try to test again tomorrow and if nothing comes of it then again next week. All the other things I'm feeling can be chalked up to my mind playing tricks on me, but that brown spotting was definitely not my imagination. And that is so unlike me.

I weighed myself and I've lost 5 pounds and with the exception of being sensitive to smells, I'm feeling rather normal really. My period is 2 days late but that's the usual game my body plays with me, so it's not a big deal at all really.

I just hate not knowing (or do I actually know (read: negative test) and am just sad that I lost something (that I never really had). Even though it's so not right, for just a brief second... I smiled at the thought.

Oh well. Just noise I suppose.

So... Technically it it's Friday morning (even at 2 in the morning)... So it's been two weeks and two days and I took two more tests... Both negative.

This is pretty much 100% that I'm not pregnant then, right?? I mean, three different brands at two and a half (almost) weeks from sex. That's definitely negative, right?

I know it is all in God's plan for me. And from the start I knew it. Either way it would have gone, His will be done.

Hun u need to test on the day your period is late to be sure. Most pregnancy tests don't show until you are actually 4 weeks since conception. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself :) :flower: x

You sound very concerned, your probably best see your GP who can guide you better. Give you define answer with bloods.

Tests some times dont show till your 5 weeks.

My first baby i didnt get positive until 19w so it does happen. All the best.

Yeah, I agree with the poster above me. At this point, since your period is so irregular and you have symptoms and are concerned, I'd just pop in to the doc for a quick blood test. At least then you have an answer, and if you aren't pregnant, your doctor can address what is causing the symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->