Help me... Am I pregnant? Going crazy

Hun u need to test on the day your period is late to be sure. Most pregnancy tests don't show until you are actually 4 weeks since conception. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself :) :flower: x

She said she's 2 days late but has irregular cycles.
---
Give it time hun and relax. You could always book an appt with your gp for a blood test to be sure but perhaps your cycle is longer this time since you are irregular. Best of luck!

So... Technically it it's Friday morning (even at 2 in the morning)... So it's been two weeks and two days and I took two more tests... Both negative.

This is pretty much 100% that I'm not pregnant then, right?? I mean, three different brands at two and a half (almost) weeks from sex. That's definitely negative, right?

I know it is all in God's plan for me. And from the start I knew it. Either way it would have gone, His will be done.

If you're testing negative, then yes, it is safe to say you are not pregnant.

I just have these cramps now like my period is going to start at any second and it's just not coming. I wish I would have kept better track of it so I would know what kind of cycle I have. I just thought I couldn't get pregnant so I wasn't worrying in the slightest.

The bloating after I eat sucks and I am getting super nauseous in the morning. Also , I came within a hair of passing out yesterday I got so dizzy when I stood up.

I just wish I knew because I do a lot of things as far as the way I diet and exercise that I would never do if I was pregnant. I want to know to stop my foolish single behavior if I have someone else to protect.

Don't you ever just feel it? Like you're in synch with your body and you know that something is different? I'm usually sharp as a tack and I tired to turn my tv off with my car alarm this morning... Or is this just all psychosomatic and I'm bats in the belfry?

Guess I'm just feeling up in the air... And completely alone.

Aww listen it's so normal to over think. When it comes to possible pregnancy youre thinking you could be growing another human pretty awesome, responsible stuff!! If unfortunately your time isn't now, then your time will come :) xx

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I have to say though that I spotted a couple of times when I was in my late 20's during ovulation. It only happened twice, iirc. Our bodies can do weird things. Since you're not tracking ovulation, there's really no way to tell when you ovulated (except for maybe thinking back on when you had ewcm). I'd test again in a few days.

I just have these cramps now like my period is going to start at any second and it's just not coming. I wish I would have kept better track of it so I would know what kind of cycle I have. I just thought I couldn't get pregnant so I wasn't worrying in the slightest.

The bloating after I eat sucks and I am getting super nauseous in the morning. Also , I came within a hair of passing out yesterday I got so dizzy when I stood up.

I just wish I knew because I do a lot of things as far as the way I diet and exercise that I would never do if I was pregnant. I want to know to stop my foolish single behavior if I have someone else to protect.

Don't you ever just feel it? Like you're in synch with your body and you know that something is different? I'm usually sharp as a tack and I tired to turn my tv off with my car alarm this morning... Or is this just all psychosomatic and I'm bats in the belfry?

Guess I'm just feeling up in the air... And completely alone.

HPT's aren't 100% accurate. Some women can't get a positive no matter how far along they are because their urine doesn't concentrate normally. Some women implant late and less sensitive tests don't pick up levels until they're much further along. Some women who end up with ectopics take a loooong time to show positive because hcg levels aren't excreted as rapidly. If you are having symptoms that are unusual I wouldn't simply ignore them.

If I were you I'd stop the mental torture and just swing in for a quick blood test. It won't take but a minute and you'll know very quickly if you are pregnant or if you're not. It's not a big deal and then you can move forward either way you need to.

Best of luck either way :flower:

That is EXACTLY what I need to do. Move forward either way

I've been debating on whether to tell my story as it is so embarrassing, but feel I need to. About 2 years ago I had a phantom pregnancy. I was on birth control and thought it had failed, for some reason. It all started when I spotted, just once, and I'd never done that before. I put it out of my mind, but it was still in the back of my head. Then a couple weeks later I started having all these symptoms. Headaches, hungry all the time, nauseous, my boobs even leaked what looked like colostrum a couple times. I started testing and negative every time. Then I started feeling kicks in my tummy, or what felt like fetal kicks. I have 2 children so I know what that feels like. I took test after test after test, went to about 7 or 8 different docs who all told me I wasn't pregnant, but I didn't believe them. I agonized, worried that I was pregnant and no one believed me. It was the worst, most devastating horrible thing I'd ever gone through. Thank goodness my husband loves me so much to put up with all of that, but our relationship was strained. I felt like I was losing my mind. It took a very long time to get over that. But 9 months came and went, me agonizing the whole time. I eventually got over it, and now I'm pregnant for real. I had been late on my period for over a month when I finally got up the courage to take a test and it was very dark positive. I didn't believe it, I thought I was going through a false pregnancy again and somehow my body was tricking the test into being positive. Over a period of a couple weeks I ended up taking four more, all dark positive. Still I wasn't convinced. When I went to see a doctor and she confirmed it, I cried. The point of all of this is, believe the test! If it is negative, than your not pregnant. And I say that as gentle as I can, because I've been there and heard those words uttered so many times and it would break my heart each time. The mind is a very powerful thing, and if you believe something strong enough funny things happen. Please don't do it to yourself.

Cncem, Very courageous post. I've not experienced that but felt your story is an important one to share. Don't be ashamed, you are using your experience to help others, and that is brave, kind and as remarkable show of intelligence and compassion. I'm grateful to have read it.

cncem

Thank you for sharing with me. I really needed that. I am convinced that I'm not pregnant now. All these "symptoms" that have been happening in my body are clearly of my own doing. The black and white of it is I have had three... THREE... negative tests.

I mean, it's a good thing. Sure, of course I felt sunshine inside myself when I imagined it... I even admit to going on Pinterest and looking up fooling things and getting foolish ideas for a while. It was nice to imagine being a mama. I feel like *I'm ready* at this point in my life... but then again, there are so many reasons why it's now the right time.

I'm not married, I don't have the stability it takes to raise a baby. As much as I cherished the idea, I realize now that I just can't make a life and change my own on happenstance. God knows what He's doing and what his plan is for me. I just have to be patient with it.

Like I said, how can I be sad about losing something I never had? I mean really... how silly. But now... where do I go from here? I had imagined something and now... nothing. It's just getting harder and harder to believe things are going to get better. I just feel like I've been drowning for too long to believe that the tide's going to turn.

.... and this just turned into a diary for some reason. Goodness, I've tried for a year to actually start a diary and never keep up with it but the anonymity of the internet somehow lets me pour my heart out.

Could be the 5th cup of coffee at 1am. Good thing I'm not pregnant or this baby would come out with seven ears and jonesing for some caffeine.

Cncem--thank you for sharing. Dock, I agree with cncem. I would believe the tests if you're close to getting your period. Our minds are powerful and can play tricks on us. If you still don't believe the tests, then I would schedule bloods.

31 days today since the first day of my last period

Having an actual phantom pregnancy is extremely rare. It happens, and is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about, but I highly doubt that's what's going on here. OP seems fine to accept reality either way, just wants an answer. I don't think she's made any of this up so strongly in her head that she's managed to suppress menstruation.

Go get your blood test Monday if you still haven't gotten your period Dock :thumbup:

That's a good idea. I'll take another test on Monday morning and if I don't get anywhere then I'll just get my blood taken. A blood test would be 100% accurate at this point! right?

I wouldn't mess with hpt's if I were you at this point. If you don't have your period just swing by for a beta. Because really, if you still don't have it, and have a bunch of symptoms you're not going to believe a pee stick test anyway, there will still be doubt.

Blood test is 100% accurate, will literally only take a minute and then you'll know for sure :thumbup:

Messica, with all due respect I beg to differ. Phantom pregnancies are not all that rare, it is just that so few women actually report it or talk about their experience. I told my ob's nurse about it at my first appt and she told me she has seen it many times. In fact one women they had seen showed up at the hospital about the time she would have gone into labour and the nurses where getting excited when they couldn't find a heart beat. My doctor happened to be there and recognized the woman. Seeing as op has missed her period, it could very well be that she is. I was sharing my story in order to save her some heartache and frustration, as well as money on doctors if she continues to have negatives on hpts.

OP, I truelly hope you are pregnant, and time will tell. I would advise to continue as though you are (no drinking, smoking etc) until proven otherwise. Good luck!

32 days since my period. Waves of nausea getting more intense. I've been working too much to get a blood test or take another pee test.

Yes, please do!! I have everything crossed for you Dock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->