Help! Needing some hope! 5dp 5dt FET

AbbyLink

Reaction score
Ladies, we had our FET this Monday at 5pm. (I'm technically 5dp exactly right now) yesterday and the day before (so days 3-4 past transfer) I had cramping and pms type symptoms. Took a test 4dp and negative. Took one 5dp and still negative. I'm feeling very disheartened. We did a fresh IVF cycle 3 years ago and only transferred one embryo and conceived my son the first try and tested positive about 4-5 DPT with him. We froze 4 embryos and only one survived the thaw. The embryologist said it was "satisfactory" to transfer. Anyone else experience anything close to this? I'm trying to stay positive but its lessening as the days go. We gave everything we had to having my son and attempting this pregnancy. I know it's the end of the road in this journey for us. Especially since we have no embryos left. No one truly understands Accept for TTC sisters

Hi there! I don't really remember if I had cramping or not but I have hear plenty of people do. When I got my bfp it wasn't until day 7 so you're still very much in this! Good luck!

Hi there! I don't really remember if I had cramping or not but I have hear plenty of people do. When I got my bfp it wasn't until day 7 so you're still very much in this! Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I'm expecting this to be like when I got pregnant with my son. I know all pregnancies are different. I just have to remember that. beta is Wednesday and I don't know if I will test again before then

I'll keep everything crossed for you. Getting the call confirming my positive after all the worrying was one of the best days ever.

I'll keep everything crossed for you. Getting the call confirming my positive after all the worrying was one of the best days ever.

Thanks! Do you remember if you had any symptoms at all before your BFP or beta?

I was nauseous for sure but I couldn't really tell what was due to the progesterone I was on and what was a true symptom.

Hi all I had was cramping the day after my bfp that I got 5dp5dt and that was all until nausea at 6 weeks
Also what test did you use as I used a cheaper one which was a barley there shadow line, I actually classed it as negative then I dripped a frer in the same urine straight after and there was a faint but clear pink line
Good luck and don't forget it's still early, my friend tested the day before her otd and it was negative and didn't teat again for another week as thought that was it so she probably would have got a barely there line even in her otd xx

Hi all I had was cramping the day after my bfp that I got 5dp5dt and that was all until nausea at 6 weeks
Also what test did you use as I used a cheaper one which was a barley there shadow line, I actually classed it as negative then I dripped a frer in the same urine straight after and there was a faint but clear pink line
Good luck and don't forget it's still early, my friend tested the day before her otd and it was negative and didn't teat again for another week as thought that was it so she probably would have got a barely there line even in her otd xx

Thanks so much for replying. It will be 7dp 5dt at 5pm tonight. I took another Dollar store test this morning and negative. I keep tricking myself that I'm even seeing a super faint faint line but my husband says no. There's always an evap line on the tests I take in the morning after but obviously those don't count. I will have my husband stop and get a more expensive one on his way home but sure am feeling so doubtful. I already had a clear positive by now with my son from our first ever IVf cycle (3years ago now since he's 2) I guess I'm expecting the same results. My beta is Wednesday but if its negative that morning I won't go in. Just feeling negative all together. I'm ready for some wine and healing time :(

Pregnancies can vary greatly. My first two kids I never had a positive hpt (I took many, of varying brands). The only way I was able to confirm was with a quant beta (qual test in the doctors office was negative too!)

With my boys I was shocked to have a positive hpt at 4dp5dt, but there again they were twins. I did have loads of cramping and back pain with them, to the point that it brought me to tears at times. I thought for sure my uterus was angry and punishing the heck out of me, and af was just around the corner at any moment. I felt incredibly negative as we had just one shot at IVF and no frosties. Bottom line is, you're not out until you're out. Even if you think you are.

I think either way you should go in for the beta on Wednesday. Then you'll know for sure. Please don't depend on the hpt's, they can be so inaccurate for many women.

Pregnancies can vary greatly. My first two kids I never had a positive hpt (I took many, of varying brands). The only way I was able to confirm was with a quant beta (qual test in the doctors office was negative too!)

With my boys I was shocked to have a positive hpt at 4dp5dt, but there again they were twins. I did have loads of cramping and back pain with them, to the point that it brought me to tears at times. I thought for sure my uterus was angry and punishing the heck out of me, and af was just around the corner at any moment. I felt incredibly negative as we had just one shot at IVF and no frosties. Bottom line is, you're not out until you're out. Even if you think you are.

I think either way you should go in for the beta on Wednesday. Then you'll know for sure. Please don't depend on the hpt's, they can be so inaccurate for many women.

Thanks for that encouragement! ❤️
Ive heard that about each pregnancy being different. I was pregnant once naturally before (ending in Ms) then with my DS and they were both very similar. I guess that's what I am expecting. I just definitely don't "feel" pregnant but you're right. I should probably go in Wednesday for the Beta just to confirm and move on either way.
Thanks so much for taking time to respond and relate.

The days waiting for the end result were some of my darkest of the entire journey so good gravy do I sympathize. It's so easy fall into that black hole of negativity, which is ironic because pregnancy hormones can drive one to feel that way too. Do your best to be kind to yourself and honor where you're at moment to moment. Everyone said keep busy, it'll take your mind off of things but all I wanted to do is sit alone in the madness of my whirlwind thoughts. So I did. And I slept a lot. Everyone copes differently, don't hesitate to just take care of YOU in the ways you think will get you through the next couple of days.

I will be keeping fingers and toes crossed tight for you :hugs:

That's some of the best advice I've gotten. I feel like I have been doing that some and ironically my husband hurt his back so he's been home with me a lot and he's super great with allowing me to do that.
So sorry to hear about things for you. Are you going through another cycle now?

No, we're done. We could only afford the one round and although I'd have loved to have a larger family I'm content now.

He got snipped late last year and I had ablation done so I know our family is complete. It took time to feel that way even though physically it wasn't even an option anymore. The peace is nice after spending so many years focused on fertility. I hope however this turns out for you, you manage to find your way to healing and peace too! :flower:

No, we're done. We could only afford the one round and although I'd have loved to have a larger family I'm content now.

He got snipped late last year and I had ablation done so I know our family is complete. It took time to feel that way even though physically it wasn't even an option anymore. The peace is nice after spending so many years focused on fertility. I hope however this turns out for you, you manage to find your way to healing and peace too! :flower:

Wow. Maybe I should talk to you! Ha! Those are thoughts I've been thinking. We've been on this journey a long time. We have a beautiful amazing 2 year old from it all but we are tired and ready to live life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->