Help please ladies, panicking!

Sorry to drag up an old thread but just looking for opinions, i had a scan yesterday at 6+2 weeks and all we could see was the sac and yolk sac. No baby yet.
I did a digi and it came up 2-3 last night so i was convinced the pregnancy was failing. But the digi this morning came up at 3+!

Ten i did a cheapie test and the line was faint so again presumed the worst.
Did another cheapie with no hold and the line is strong again.
Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks for any imput, positive or otherwise xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 32
I am no help Hun but I want to wish you the best! I hope that everything goes well for you :hugs: x

Sorry to drag up an old thread but just looking for opinions, i had a scan yesterday at 6+2 weeks and all we could see was the sac and yolk sac. No baby yet.
I did a digi and it came up 2-3 last night so i was convinced the pregnancy was failing. But the digi this morning came up at 3+!

Ten i did a cheapie test and the line was faint so again presumed the worst.
Did another cheapie with no hold and the line is strong again.
Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks for any imput, positive or otherwise xx

It depends on when you did each test. Like if the first on was FMU and the second was SMU that could be why the difference. Some people get a stronger positive with SMU compared to FMU. I wouldn't worry though, those lines are looking great!

Yeh the faint line was fmu and the dark one was 3rdmu. Think i have to buy more digis for the morning. Spending a small fortune on tests!

Look up the hook effect. Sometimes when the hcg is so high, it sort of skips over the test line and it appears faint but then you dilute the urine down with water (or a short hold) and take a test and it is blaring positive again.

Try not to worry. I had a scan the same gestation as you with the same result, and the hook effect started with me as well at about 6weeks! Next time you take a test and it's faint, keep the same urine in the cup, pour half out and replace with water. Test again, it will be darker this time. It's just because you have too much hcg the first time and it confuses the test.

Thanks girls, trying not to panic. Digi still says 3+ so happy with that. Nausea is killing me today as well which is great :)

I took a test at 7 weeks, super faint line so I completely panicked. I then looked up the hook effect, diluted my wee with about 90% water and straight away very, very dark line. Apparently it's to do with the tests not being able to cope with the high hormone level after a while. Best thing is to stop doing tests at this point. Good luck.

Congratulations hun, some test can't take how much hcg is in our wee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->