Help, please. TTC after BCP

Flueky88

Reaction score
So, I need some advice. I took my last bcp on 4/25, and had my "period". So, if I had a 28 day cycle I would have started AF yesterday 5/22. I had some light cramping on and off on the 12th-14th of the month. I have been a little lightheaded at times, but that's been about it. AF didn't show yesterday and no signs today yet. I normally get a headache each night a couple of days before I start, as well as fatigue like I want to go to bed at 9 p.m. or earlier. No headaches, no fatigue. I normally have light cramping for a couple of minutes a day before she arrives or day of. Nothing. I tested this morning because she isn't here yet. BFN :nope:

So, I know that it can take awhile to ovulate after being on bcp. Do you think I may have had ovulation pains the 12-14th? Could I be pregnant? Did I ovulate later or not at all? I guess I should have done opk's or temping. I figured I would have went back to normal cycling. I'm thinking I will test again Tuesday morning if nothing happens. :wacko:

What were your cycles like before going on BCP? Not everyone has a 28 day cycle, so perhaps you did ovulate a bit later in your cycle.

I find my symptoms of pending AF is now very different after going off of BCP than they ever were before. And no month is the same, at least not for me.

I would wait another week and then if your AF still isn't here, try another test. If you did ovulate between the 12-14th, then it is only about 10 dpo and you may not get a BFP with a test yet.

Hope this helps! The first month off of BCP is always confusing.

everybody is different. My experience with getting off of BCP was that the first cycle off was always about 5 to 7 days longer than my usual cycle and I always thought that I was pregnant because I would have the most intense PMS symptoms around the time that I would have expected my period and I would be freaking out because my period was late and I felt pregnant and it drove me crazy. But it was just my body adjusting to the lack of hormones. It typically took me the two cycles to regulate so I have my one long cycle and then the next cycle I be back to normal. I've also gotten pregnant that second cycle off of birth control pills. And then I thought the complete opposite of I got off birth control and I had a huge cyst so my cycles were 40 or more days and I don't know if that had anything to do with my birth control but the symptoms of my Cyst we're very much like pregnancy symptoms. the only way to know is to take a test about 19 days after the day you think you might have gotten pregnant for an accurate result. sorry that I think seems weird I'm talking to my mic and I just woke up some kind of mumbling

What were your cycles like before going on BCP? Not everyone has a 28 day cycle, so perhaps you did ovulate a bit later in your cycle.

I find my symptoms of pending AF is now very different after going off of BCP than they ever were before. And no month is the same, at least not for me.

I would wait another week and then if your AF still isn't here, try another test. If you did ovulate between the 12-14th, then it is only about 10 dpo and you may not get a BFP with a test yet.

Hope this helps! The first month off of BCP is always confusing.

I'm having trouble remembering what my cycle was like before. I didn't think much of it because I was abstinent so I didn't worry about being pregnant. I'm pretty sure I remember I kept a pad or tampon with me incase AF came a day early or two. So, yeah, I know that isn't much to go on. I started bcp when I was 17 or 18, so it's been 9-10 years since a normal cycle.

I know I having been really mean like I used to before AF. I was so angry and upset about the littlest of things. My step-dad would say, "I think it's someone's time of the month." :blush:

Thank you so much for your advice :hugs:

I will test in a week if AF doesn't show. I'm really hoping that I ovulated between the 12th-14th. I just want AF to show, so I know I'm ovulating. May start temping when she does. I really don't want to start progesterone to kickstart my body into a normal rhythm.

On another note, I was really tired yesterday, could be the fact I woke up at 5:30 when DH got up for work. I fell asleep on the couch around 9:30 p.m. and DH woke me up to go to bed. I slept until 8:30 this morning :blush: so I'm hoping it may mean something.

Once, again thanks and I hope you have a good rest of the weekend :)

everybody is different. My experience with getting off of BCP was that the first cycle off was always about 5 to 7 days longer than my usual cycle and I always thought that I was pregnant because I would have the most intense PMS symptoms around the time that I would have expected my period and I would be freaking out because my period was late and I felt pregnant and it drove me crazy. But it was just my body adjusting to the lack of hormones. It typically took me the two cycles to regulate so I have my one long cycle and then the next cycle I be back to normal. I've also gotten pregnant that second cycle off of birth control pills. And then I thought the complete opposite of I got off birth control and I had a huge cyst so my cycles were 40 or more days and I don't know if that had anything to do with my birth control but the symptoms of my Cyst we're very much like pregnancy symptoms. the only way to know is to take a test about 19 days after the day you think you might have gotten pregnant for an accurate result. sorry that I think seems weird I'm talking to my mic and I just woke up some kind of mumbling

I know, It's been so weird because I haven't really had any symptoms of PMS. I feel like a prepubescent girl :haha:

I think I would have stopped bcp earlier, but I really didn't know I was going to develop baby fever. We thought I was pregnant the start of April. DH had already thought of names. We've loved playing with our nephew, but that really made us think we were ready and not to wait another 2 years. It's just crazy how different it can affect everybody when stopping. Or how many it takes months to get a period.

The only thing was I was fatigued all day yesterday, and I slept like 11 hours last night :blush:

I think I will test next Saturday if AF doesn't show.

Oh no you are fine, Dobby :) thank you for your advice. I'm feeling better about things now :hugs:

How long were you on bcp? And how old are you? Not trying to be invasive, but if you're on the younger side (25ish) your body tends to bounce back after prolonged use of bcp better. It's why I stopped using hormonal birth control a few years back after my Cyst ordeal.

It's hard when you want it. You notice everything and everybody suddenly seems to be pregnant or have kids. Have you considered temping or using opks?

How long were you on bcp? And how old are you? Not trying to be invasive, but if you're on the younger side (25ish) your body tends to bounce back after prolonged use of bcp better. It's why I stopped using hormonal birth control a few years back after my Cyst ordeal.

It's hard when you want it. You notice everything and everybody suddenly seems to be pregnant or have kids. Have you considered temping or using opks?

I was on it for 9-10 years. I turned 27 last month. I noticed a couple hours ago I was cramping a little bit and I have several pimples today. So I'm hoping it's a sign AF is coming.

Yeah, nobody at my work is pregnant. My sister-in-law announced on Easter she was pregnant and it was when we though I was pregnant. It was a bit devastating. I'm still happy for her though as she's wanted to be a mother for awhile now, it was a happy accident though for her and her hubby.

I've thought about temping and/or OPKs. DH is wanting a more NTNP approach. I've kind of been trying to make sure we :sex: about every other day. So that whenever, I do ovulate we can hopefully catch it. He's definitely up for that, thankfully, he has a high sex drive. I may temp though once AF arrives just to be sure. I'm very forgetful though :wacko: especially in the mornings.

Yeah, I'm going to make a generalist/ sexist comment haha. I kind of feel like men really cannot handle the stress of TTC. So even though we're more NTNP, I occasionally temp just to confirm O happened and I keep track of where I am in my cycle. I just don't let SO in on it. I also kind of just listen to my body. I tend to become insatiable during my fertile period so if all else fails we just do it when the mood strikes. ;) FXed.

Yeah, I'm going to make a generalist/ sexist comment haha. I kind of feel like men really cannot handle the stress of TTC. So even though we're more NTNP, I occasionally temp just to confirm O happened and I keep track of where I am in my cycle. I just don't let SO in on it. I also kind of just listen to my body. I tend to become insatiable during my fertile period so if all else fails we just do it when the mood strikes. ;) FXed.

:haha: Yeah, I think you are right. Whether DH wants to admit it or not he is a very anxious person. I know he'll be happy when it happens, but he doesn't want to stress about it.

You have to use a bbt thermometer is that right?

Oh, I see you are nearing O, FX and :dust: to you. I'll be stalking the forums, it encourages me when I see others get their BFP (a little jealousy but it makes me happier than it does jealous). I'll hopefully get straightened out soon and join a June testing thread. We'll see :)

Yeah, I agree with DobbyForever. I keep track of when I'm ovulating but I don't tell my hubby any of that information.

I find that using Dollar Store ovulation tests are working really well, because I was having trouble temping everyday at the same time.

Yeah, I agree with DobbyForever. I keep track of when I'm ovulating but I don't tell my hubby any of that information.

I find that using Dollar Store ovulation tests are working really well, because I was having trouble temping everyday at the same time.

Will definitely have to look into that, money is a little tight right now. DH had surgery for kidney stones last month and my insurance sucks. I'm a little stingy anyways about money. I'm hoping that work will be desperate this coming weekend for help and I can get paid double time if I volunteer :happydance: So yeah, dollar store opks would be good. Now to wait for AF

I just wanted to update, in case anyone else get's in my situation. I did get AF yesterday 5/30/15. So I had a 36 day cycle once stopping birth control pill. I was naïve to think it would be a 28 day cycle. I was never so happy to see my period, so I'm cycle day 2 and I bought OPK. I'm so excited and hopeful this cycle. I know it'll happen when it's supposed to, but I can't help but try to have everything in favor. Fingers crossed for everyone and congratulations to everyone that received their BFP this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->