Help Severe Rib pain!!!!!!!!!**** updated****

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by babybuffy84, Aug 22, 2009.

1. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Happy new mummy :)

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to have some pains in my ribs last night on the right hand side very high up almost under my boobs,i put a hot water bottle on it and tried to do some stretching to see if that helped.It did for a while then this morning i have woken up in agony,i havent done anything that i can think of that would have caused me any pain but it hurts when i breath on that side to the point of tears.Can anyone help!!!! I dont want to go to hospital if its only stretching pains or should i call the midwives and see what they think??

If you can help i would appreciate it !!!

Its Official this baby is a footballer i went up to the hospital and they said my ribs are severly brusied from all the kicking!!!! I have to rest and take pain killers and hope it goes down they said its very common and that some babies have been known to dislocate ribs!!!!!:wacko:
    Lol feel so stupid for wasting there time but i really thought something major was going on i can hardly stand up and when i do i am hunched over because of the pain!!!
    Oh well !!!!!!

2. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

I get this but only on the left and the pain gets so intense it feels as though I've been kicked by a horse. I wondered if it's anything to do with milk glands on the bra line? If you speak to the midwife do let me know! I'm glad you posted as I just thought I was being odd. Xx

3. 3 girlies

3 girlies Well-Known Member

i have had this in both my other pregnancies & i am already getting it this time too, always on my right hand side. my midwife couldnt find a reason for it other than pain from everything being squashed upwards by your growing baby! i found that laying down flat was the only thing that helped a bit.

4. Pregnant15 xx

Pregnant15 xx Pregnant 1st trimester xx

hiya well that bcz ur bby growin underneath you wen that happen to my friend bcz the bby head was there x good luck x

5. babybuffy84

Oh thanks girls i have been up to the hospital and they think i have very bad bruised ribs so have got to take it easy they think that bubs must be kicking like mad as i cant think of anything that i would have dont to bruise my ribs.They give me some co codamol and am going to rest i think. :)

6. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

hope you feel better hun

7. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

i get this~!!! i get it mostly on my right hand side... its v sore, kinda like a really bad stitch... i guess it would make sense to be bruised from kicking, but i dont feel the kicking.. i guess that doesnt mean its not happening, ouchie! :(

8. Aneesa_09

Aneesa_09 Well-Known Member

I have this too, guessin it must be baby related as we r all in the twenty+ week

9. babybuffy84

Yeah they said its normal and that baby's have been known to dislocate ribs with there kicking i really thought it was something serious i cant even stand up straight its so bad.Hopefully resting up with hot water bottles will help the bruising to go down!!