Help Severe Rib pain!!!!!!!!!**** updated****

babybuffy84

Happy new mummy :)
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to have some pains in my ribs last night on the right hand side very high up almost under my boobs,i put a hot water bottle on it and tried to do some stretching to see if that helped.It did for a while then this morning i have woken up in agony,i havent done anything that i can think of that would have caused me any pain but it hurts when i breath on that side to the point of tears.Can anyone help!!!! I dont want to go to hospital if its only stretching pains or should i call the midwives and see what they think??

If you can help i would appreciate it !!!

Its Official this baby is a footballer i went up to the hospital and they said my ribs are severly brusied from all the kicking!!!! I have to rest and take pain killers and hope it goes down they said its very common and that some babies have been known to dislocate ribs!!!!!:wacko:
Lol feel so stupid for wasting there time but i really thought something major was going on i can hardly stand up and when i do i am hunched over because of the pain!!!
Oh well !!!!!!

I get this but only on the left and the pain gets so intense it feels as though I've been kicked by a horse. I wondered if it's anything to do with milk glands on the bra line? If you speak to the midwife do let me know! I'm glad you posted as I just thought I was being odd. Xx

i have had this in both my other pregnancies & i am already getting it this time too, always on my right hand side. my midwife couldnt find a reason for it other than pain from everything being squashed upwards by your growing baby! i found that laying down flat was the only thing that helped a bit.

hiya well that bcz ur bby growin underneath you wen that happen to my friend bcz the bby head was there x good luck x

Oh thanks girls i have been up to the hospital and they think i have very bad bruised ribs so have got to take it easy they think that bubs must be kicking like mad as i cant think of anything that i would have dont to bruise my ribs.They give me some co codamol and am going to rest i think. :)

i get this~!!! i get it mostly on my right hand side... its v sore, kinda like a really bad stitch... i guess it would make sense to be bruised from kicking, but i dont feel the kicking.. i guess that doesnt mean its not happening, ouchie! :(

I have this too, guessin it must be baby related as we r all in the twenty+ week

Yeah they said its normal and that baby's have been known to dislocate ribs with there kicking i really thought it was something serious i cant even stand up straight its so bad.Hopefully resting up with hot water bottles will help the bruising to go down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->