Help!! They're taking over!

Lovn.sunshine

Girl Mom
Reaction score
Ants :growlmad:

We have ants. Ever summer. The same thing. It’s irritating.
Even if we clean well, have no food or crumbs on the counter at all and they still manage to find SOMETHING to get to :grr:
The only thing I can keep them out of is the cats food, and I do that by putting a water dish under the bowl. but I can't very well put a water dish under the house :haha:

Does anyone have any tips for keeping them out of the house? Is there anything I can use around the perimeter to head them off before they can even try to get in? Specifically something that isn’t toxic or harmful to kids/animals/plants?
I’ve been using this powder that you sprinkle at one end of line of ants and as they walk through it, it covers them, they take it back to their home and it kills them all. My only issue with this is it’s dangerous to use around pets, and eventually when we have a LO running around, I definitely don’t want to still be using this. :dohh:

Anyone have any tricks of the trade to deal with this?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice!

My mum has always used flour! Lol I'm not sure if it has to be plain or self raising or if it doesn't matter. But she would always put a line of it around wherever they were entering from. It doesn't have to be a wide line but I remember it being a bit high. No ants used to cross it so I'm guessing it works.

My mum has always used flour! Lol I'm not sure if it has to be plain or self raising or if it doesn't matter. But she would always put a line of it around wherever they were entering from. It doesn't have to be a wide line but I remember it being a bit high. No ants used to cross it so I'm guessing it works.

That is a brilliant idea!! :happydance: Thank you [and your mom!]

I've heard people use chalk but I didn't figure chalk would work so well in the grassy areas, but flour sounds like it totally would! Thank you!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->