Help - Tom wont drink!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
For two weeks now Tom wont drink more than 2oz - and that doesnt not mean i can just feed him hourly, as he will not take it unless he is hungry. Some days we can have as little as 8oz the whole day of milk. I am hiding the milk in everything but it simply isnt enough.

He is also refusing to eat more than a few spoonfuls of each thing i give him, but he will eat a few spoonfuls of something else.

What am i doing wrong???? His weight is dropping, he has lost 3ozs. He has even been in hospital for rehydration when he was refusing food and drink...

It sounds to me like you're doing all the right things. Has he been like this long? It might just be a passing stage?

no, he has since about 4 months been turning his nose up at milk, it is just getting worse and worse. I put the food down to teething, but we have four now and it is still getting worse.

Oh no :(

Have you tried a cup? Faster flowing teats? Sorry if you have

i tried syringing, the fastest flowing teats, all cups, even pouring it into his mouth:( the most successful was pouring, but it goes everywhere and i have no idea how much he actually gets.

Have you tried changing the milk? It may be that he just doesn't like it?

Humm is there anyway you can buy formula with flavor in it ? max has gone off his milk too and I found nestle made one with vanilla and strawberry flavor formula and now he loves it ..

Josh went through this stage which lasted for about 1-2 weeks, now he's back to normal and drinks his formula. I just gave him as much fluids as possible, but I would try a different formula to see xx

Humm is there anyway you can buy formula with flavor in it ? max has gone off his milk too and I found nestle made one with vanilla and strawberry flavor formula and now he loves it ..
:shock: I didn't know nestle made that! Jeez. lol

You cant buy flavoured milk here. What if i blended some banana or other fruit and pour the milk through it in a muslin to flavour it myself. Add some vanilla extract?

I will try a new formula too. This has been coming on and getting worse for over 4 months.

Yeah I'd mix some fruit with it or something! Anything is worth a try.

Hope you figure something out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->