help us solve an arguement! Another update pg6

jenfen

Reaction score
my lo has 6oz bottles - 6oz of water and 6 scoops, but once mixed up the formula comes to the 7oz line (and its not just bubbles as i've waited for it to settle). Now i say that if only 6oz of water went in then we have to call it a 6oz bottle but dh disagrees and reckons that if the formula comes to the 7oz line then if lo finishes the bottle we can say he had 7oz... Who's right?! Jx

I would go with the 6oz because you are not adding liquid the density and weight of the powder just causes the line to rise. If you make 7oz then more formula would be needed that's why the directions are written that way.

Ok Fran is on 7oz bottles - so 7oz of water and 7 scoops and this comes up to the 8oz line. To me, because the powder dissolves, there is 8oz of liquid. If she leaves 2oz in the bottle I count that as her having had 6oz.

If you use a pre-made carton the powder is already mixed in. If you pour out 7oz then you would call it 7oz and not 6 - if that makes sense lol.

If you use a pre-made carton the powder is already mixed in. If you pour out 7oz then you would call it 7oz and not 6 - if that makes sense lol.

See, I would say I added 180ml of water, with 6 scoops. I would say she'd had 180ml,even though the milk had settled above the 180ml. BUT what you've said here makes sense. I now don't know what to call it! :wacko:

7oz.
7scoops, 7 oz of water = 7oz bottle.

yep, isobelle is on 7oz bottles and i fill water to the 7oz line then add 7 level scoops of formula. this also goes up to the 8oz line but it cant be 8oz because ive only added 7oz, its the weight of the formula, if u drop something in a glass of water, the water would rise, if you took the item out, the level would drop..get me?

xx

yep, isobelle is on 7oz bottles and i fill water to the 7oz line then add 7 level scoops of formula. this also goes up to the 8oz line but it cant be 8oz because ive only added 7oz, its the weight of the formula, if u drop something in a glass of water, the water would rise, if you took the item out, the level would drop..get me?

xx

That makes sense too! :thumbup:

7oz.

But if there there is 8oz of liquid in the bottle, but you only call it 7oz, if LO doesn't finish the bottle how much do you say they have had?

If they leave 1oz do you say they have had 6oz or 7? If they only take 1oz and there are still 7 left in the bottle do you say they haven't had anything???

Yes there is only 7oz of WATER but when the powder dissolves it changes properties and makes 8oz of LIQUID.

For me I find it easier to gauge how much Fran has had by looking at where the milk is before she drinks and after. So this morning the milk was on the 8oz line and it was on the 2oz line after she finished so to me she has had 6oz.

7oz.

But if there there is 8oz of liquid in the bottle, but you only call it 7oz, if LO doesn't finish the bottle how much do you say they have had?

If they leave 1oz do you say they have had 6oz or 7? If they only take 1oz and there are still 7 left in the bottle do you say they haven't had anything???

Yes there is only 7oz of WATER but when the powder dissolves it changes properties and makes 8oz of LIQUID.

For me I find it easier to gauge how much Fran has had by looking at where the milk is before she drinks and after. So this morning the milk was on the 8oz line and it was on the 2oz line after she finished so to me she has had 6oz.

Personally i dont know because iv never had to make a 7oz bottle :haha:

But i never fussed over how much he has taken because as long as he has actually had some iv been happy.

Lol Amber!

I'm trying to keep an eye on her feeds because she has been taking less out of some bottles for a while, even before we started weaning her, and I just want to make sure she is getting enough.

just looking at the answers on here it shows how confusing it is. I asked fil today what he reckoned (he is a scientist). He said that 6oz water plus 6 scoops = 7oz of food! It doesn't really matter, its just that we are trying to keep a log of feed times/amounts and nap lengths etc to see what helps lo sleep better at night. Jx

o.o 6oz bottle, its just the weight of the formula making the water reach 7 oz, 7 oz bottles would be 7oz of water before milk is put in and then 7 scoops.... saying that men rarely admit their wrong :D

7oz of water with 7 scoops of feed IS 7oz of feed. You just have to guestimate whats left. The extra oz is just air which is why in ready made feed 7oz is 7oz. If you shook it up it would bulk up to more.

6 oz bottle -

6oz water + 6 scoops formula = 6 oz bottle.

it doesnt rise to exactly 7 oz so you cant really call it 7 oz!

Plus.... that's what it says on the tins! lol.
xx

7oz of water and 7 scoops of formula is 7oz. Your baby is only getting 7oz worth of goodness even if it rises to 8oz.

7oz, IMO.

It's only 6oz of water, but the powder makes it denser and turns it into 7oz of formula. I premake my bottles so they have time to settle down and get rid of air bubbles etc, and so I always go by what's in the bottle, not how much water I've put in.

Jaiden has 6oz of water + 6 scoops = 6oz of milk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->