help us solve an arguement! Another update pg6

Ok ladies I've had a reply from SMA and it say that the feed size is the total reconstituted amount - so basically 7oz water + 7 scoops = 8oz.

Here is what the email says:

Dear Anna,

You are adding 7 scoops of feed to 7 fl oz of water, so the total volume reconstituted will be more than 7 fl oz. The total fluid level increases due to the addition of the powder. Historically people will talk about the number of scoops used being the feed size, however the true feed size will be the final reconstituted volume.

I hope you find this information suitable for your needs but should you have any further questions please feel free to contact the SMA Careline again.

Kind regards,
Michelle Kerry
Careline Advisor

Well that's clear! My lo is doing really well then - but unfortunately that means my OH was right!
Thanks for finding that out. I had also emailled C&G so it will be interesting to see if their answer is the same...

Jx

I was thinking of emailing the other brands - hipp have live chat so might see what they say xx

I'm lying it was cow and gate that have live chat!

I'll post here when C&G get back to me
J x

so if thats the case why dont SMA mak tht clear on the tin. it may stop a lot of parents worrying beause there LO is actually takin more than they think. i think its stupid tbh.

Absolutely! It's not just SMA though, all the brands must be guilty of it. In the nutritional information it does say that the values are per 100ml of made up formula but that doesn't tell you how to count how many oz/mls they have taken.

i guess if they pu this on the tin tho sum ppl might not put so much formula in iykwim. does tht make sense lol

so does this mean cos i put 7oz water 7oz scoops, Isobelle is actually on 5x8oz a day instead of 5x7oz like I though? And is this the reason she is so big?! Do I need to be putting 6 water 6scoops instead?

xx

so does this mean cos i put 7oz water 7oz scoops, Isobelle is actually on 5x8oz a day instead of 5x7oz like I though? And is this the reason she is so big?! Do I need to be putting 6 water 6scoops instead?

xx

Oooooh just you wait until I see you on Tuesday young lady!!!!

You know that Izzie is taking what she needs sweetie! You are worrying far too much and letting other people try to influence you and make you doubt your decisions.

If you try and cut down the amount per bottle she will only get hungry quicker and want feeding more often which will completely defeat the object!!

Just stick as you are and she will start reducing the amount gradually as she increases her solids.

And be prepared for that bitch slap on Tuesday :haha:

xx

Oooooh just you wait until I see you on Tuesday young lady!!!!

You know that Izzie is taking what she needs sweetie! You are worrying far too much and letting other people try to influence you and make you doubt your decisions.

If you try and cut down the amount per bottle she will only get hungry quicker and want feeding more often which will completely defeat the object!!

Just stick as you are and she will start reducing the amount gradually as she increases her solids.

And be prepared for that bitch slap on Tuesday :haha:

eeeek ok now im scared....

xx

Wohooo I'm so clever....

edit...

Also bigbetty

thanks bigbetty for clarifying this up. Wish i knew tis was the correct way weeks ago when i wondered! xx

It will be very interesting to see if cow and gate give the same answer!

I wish I knew this too when Lo was a newborn, she never really drank alot and I was always worried as the tin etc said she should be on more. If I went by this method then she would have been.

I have always gone on 6oz of water + 6 scoops of formula = 6 ozs total as this is what my health visitor told me.

Also I never realised that the nutritional value was per 100ml, I always thought it was per scoop, will teach me to read the tin :dohh:

For goodness sake - even the manufacturers can't agree! Reply from Cow and Gate below!!!!

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your query. If you are using 6 fl oz of water and 6 level scoops of powder this is classed as a 6oz feed. The level goes up when you add the powder due to the displacement of the water.

Babies are very good at regulating their own intake and will stop when they've had enough and the amount they have can vary considerably from feed to feed. We would love to have a chat to you about your little one's feeding, so please feel free to give us a call on 08457 623 623 (Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm) if you would like some further advice.

Kind regards,
Trudy
Baby Care Advisor

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

For goodness sake - even the manufacturers can't agree! Reply from Cow and Gate below!!!!

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your query. If you are using 6 fl oz of water and 6 level scoops of powder this is classed as a 6oz feed. The level goes up when you add the powder due to the displacement of the water.

Babies are very good at regulating their own intake and will stop when they've had enough and the amount they have can vary considerably from feed to feed. We would love to have a chat to you about your little one's feeding, so please feel free to give us a call on 08457 623 623 (Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm) if you would like some further advice.

Kind regards,
Trudy
Baby Care Advisor

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I had a feeling that would happen!!

Do you use cow and gate? Does it say on the tub that all nutritional values are per 100ml of made up milk? If so then I still think it should be counted by the total amount because then you can work out how many calories LO has had - if that makes sense?

Yeah I do and yes the nutritional info is for 100ml prepared feed.
I think I'll just stick to saying that he's had 6oz if he finishes the bottle, but if there's just a little left i'll still say he's had 6oz, like a margin for error!

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->