Help with dress! (attending weddings, not bride)

Leids

Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My husband and I will be attending 2 weddings within a month of each other, one in February the other in March so it will be chilly. I'll be in one of the weddings as family (standing up at the alter with them but don't have to match), and my DH is a groomsman in the other, so it's important for me to look nice!

I'm unsure of which dress to choose. I'm a size 16 and big in the hips. I was planning on wearing a long pea coat with whatever dress I choose. I also have black knee-high boots that may work with one of the dresses, but would probably wear regular dressy heels with the other dress.

These are the dresses I'm considering:
https://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/1097926?wid=400&hei=400&op_sharpen=1
https://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Large/1/_7238661.jpg

The first is a sweater dress and is a little more casual/comfortable, but I think I like the 2nd better. I'm also nursing so I'm trying to aim for something that I could nurse easily with. The first is the one I'd likely wear boots with, but would boots work with the 2nd or would it look odd? I'm not fashionable at all so need help. :shrug: Should I choose something else altogether?

Thanks in advance!

The 2nd is much nicer but i think with heels. Knee high boots would look weird imo. Im also 16/18 and have really wide hips/back, i find skater dresses most flattering

Thank you! I was looking at skater dresses, but a lot of them seem to be much shorter than what I'm comfortable with. :blush: I might have to do some digging around to see if I can find some longer ones.

The second one is more weddingy but they're both nice! Don't wear the second with boots though.

Thank you ladies! :hugs: I bought the second dress. Just have to buy shoes, and considering buying a better dress coat instead of doing a long pea coat, we'll see though. If it doesn't look right with my shape I can always return it and try again, hopefully it works because I really like the dress. :)

Good choice with the second one, its lovely and I'd go for heels and not boots with it, boots might made it more casual looking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->