Help with Fertility Friend

BearFamily

Reaction score
Started using Fertility Friend (FF) on guessed Cycle Day(CD) 12, started temperature (temping) CD18, positive OPK on CD17.
FF said I ovulated CD18 and I had the temp spike. But after I put in today's wishywashy temp it doesn't know when I ovulated.
Today's temp was bad as my thermometer was in the other room and I had awoke at 5am and 6am but didn't test until I got up at 7am

I took another tempreture about 10 minutes later after shutting my mouth for 5 minutes and it jumped up a bit higher.

Attachments

• Adjusted compared with actual.jpg
    Adjusted compared with actual.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
FF does that sometimes, lol. It looks like you have alot of open circles on the chart and FF gets confused. Are you taking your temp at the same time everyday, I was forgetting to change the time when I input the info. I would take it at 630, but didnt put it into FF until later so it thought I was taking my temp at odd hours. Lol

if there are reasons why your temp might be was off, due to drinking or having to get up early or whatever will cause a significant change you can disregard the temp, but it still stores your temp.

FF changed my O date 3 times this month so I underst a nd the frustration with not knowing what its doing. Hang in there

I agree with Tennessee... The more accurate the temps are the more FF can detect ovulation...

How far apart do you take your temps in the morning?

Yes I've had a few late nights with drinking (was my 22nd Birthday on Monday and my mum's 52nd Birthday on Tuesday).
I've been playing with it, taken out my modified temps and the temps that were taken with some problems (took the temp at 7am but had been awake and moved around at 4am and 5am) Thus the temp was 35.5 (which is a bit low for normal tempretures and would be cause of alarm being that low)

---
QUESTION: My son sometimes wakes at 4am and needs resettling and my husband's alarm wakes me at 5am. Should I test at 5am each morning and the odd mornings Bear wakes at 4 test at 4?

Yes I've had a few late nights with drinking (was my 22nd Birthday on Monday and my mum's 52nd Birthday on Tuesday).
I've been playing with it, taken out my modified temps and the temps that were taken with some problems (took the temp at 7am but had been awake and moved around at 4am and 5am) Thus the temp was 35.5 (which is a bit low for normal tempretures and would be cause of alarm being that low)

---
QUESTION: My son sometimes wakes at 4am and needs resettling and my husband's alarm wakes me at 5am. Should I test at 5am each morning and the odd mornings Bear wakes at 4 test at 4?

In order for temping to be the MOST helpful it is important to temp at the same time EACH morning. It can vary by about 15 minutes but if it is not at the same time it actually can make the whole situation more confusing than helpful. You need to pick a time that you know you can temp every morning (after having at least 4 solid hours of sleep) and make that the time that you temp every day. That will be the best thing you can do to make sure that your temps are accurate and then FF will be helpful instead of just adding confusion!

I wake up at 6:15 each morning and temp. that is the time i usually get up for work every day. On the weekends i still set my alarm and temp at 6:15, but then i go back to sleep if i want to! It just really helps keep the chart in order and like i said make it a helpful tool instead of causing more confusion and frustration!:hugs:

Thank you :)

Hopefully Bear will be sleeping through the night by the time my new thermomtre gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->