Help!

Rach276

Reaction score
Im being organised and getting all Jacks weaning stuff now. I want to do purees and abit of BLW.
I have no idea where to start with it all and no idea really what I need. I want to make my own purees up and freeze them aswell.
What do I need and how many of each? x

We have been advised that one table spoon is basically one portion, so it depends how hungry lo is as to how much you give , for a lot of fruits you can let them ripen and then just mash them down with a fork and put them in pots to freeze, banana is the only one to do fresh when you use it as it goes brown if you freeze it, we put quite a lot in the freezer and just get it out the night before.

The Tommy Tippee baby spoons are quite good after fruit as they change colour with heat so you know it is too hot (I get caught out often with microwave when heating)

fruits are easy (apple, pear, banana, peach) some are awkward due to seads (mellon, papaya) it is when you move on to veg that it takes the time and you can then really do with a food mixer to mash it down to make it easier.

I think for example 4 peaches will make about just over 2 portions once all mashed up, it is also good to include a bit of the juice - we also put juice in a bottle as a drink periodically)

It will last for 3 months in the freezer but remember to label it and use the oldest first.

Hope this helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"