Hernia?

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
I have now got a hernia 😩. Has anyone had 1 before during pregnancy. What will this mean? Any information would be great on seeing my consultant on Wednesday. I'll ask then

Oh no a hiatus hernia or a regular one ? I have a hiatus hernia which means I'm vomiting constantly at this stage

I have both! 😩 I have to have my hiatus hernia repaired after baby is born. But now I have one sticking out of my belly button 😩

It's fun when baby using it as target practice. I've had a hiatus hernia for years I was on anti acids for years and tried to manage it with diet as I didnt want to get surgery to repair it. At this stage in pregnancy I have a lot of relux and I'm still vomiting but that is because bubs is taking up more room and pushing my stomach against the hernia. General advise for before pregnancy still applies eat smaller meals, don't drink with your meals or eat big meals before bed. Raise the head of your bed so your not lying flat it causes food and acid to push out of stomach. For stomach hernia constipation is the enemy !

Thanks Hun, I have to have mine repaired. It's making my asthma bad. Causes me to go into hospital a few times a year. So I have no choice. I've got to have a tape put down my throat for 24hrs so they can testy ph balance from deep in my stomach. I have had the hiatus hernia for a long time too. I was meant to have the op before I fell pregnant but not have to wait on the list again 😩 hope this new hernia goes back in afterwards

I have one right above my belly button, I got it when I was pregnant with dd I could of had surgery but I had no issues after I had her, I still have it and this times it's worse, you can always see it bulging out this time around when ever I'm standing and it hurts more so I'll probably be getting surgery this time to repair it

I'll definitely be getting mine sorted if it don't go. I would have too. Things like on myself make me feel ill 😂😂

Thanks Hun, I have to have mine repaired. It's making my asthma bad. Causes me to go into hospital a few times a year. So I have no choice. I've got to have a tape put down my throat for 24hrs so they can testy ph balance from deep in my stomach. I have had the hiatus hernia for a long time too. I was meant to have the op before I fell pregnant but not have to wait on the list again 😩 hope this new hernia goes back in afterwards

Your better off having it repaired TBH I have just put it off because I have other medical issues and I got sick of doctors. The tape isn't as bad as it sounds I dreaded it but it was fine.

I can't even swim under water lol. I had the endoscopy fine but was sedated for it. The tape freaks me out to have that in my throat for 24hrs while I eat 😱

I can't even swim under water lol. I had the endoscopy fine but was sedated for it. The tape freaks me out to have that in my throat for 24hrs while I eat 😱

It's annoying alright but wasn't as bad as I expected.

Thanks I'll probably have to get some meds from the doc to calm my nerves 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->