hey, some questions to mothers /mothers to be about reducing teen pregnancies

1.How old are you?

2.Where are you from?
Manchester

3.Have you heard of ‘condom cards’?
No

It is a government scheme where teens are given these cards, it means that they will be able to have free and easy access to contraception.
Do you think this helps reduce teen pregnancies?
I don't see why it should make any difference as contraception is already free and accessible.

4.Did you know that in some areas of London the government are trying out a new scheme, ‘over the counter contraception’. It means that children under 16 can go to their pharmacy, speak to a qualified pharmacist and obtain contraception. It is the same procedure as a woman would go through to obtain the morning after pill. What do you think about this idea?
That depends on the type of contraception. I'm not sure I would want the pill given to girls of this age without a proper medical consultation. Condoms would be fine.

5.What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies
I had no SRE in school at all. One lesson on periods when I was about 14 (too late!) and another of the biology, in science, when I was about 15. I think it's a very important thing to be taught, especially about relationships. I see nothing wrong with teaching very young children about the changes bodies go through and doing at 5 would likely catch all kids in advance of changes that can start as early as 7. I intend to teach my own children these things as soon as they are able to understand. I myself don't even remember not knowing what sex was (probably from having siblings much older than me) so I must've been very young when I learnt about it, and I had no silly ideas about how it happened or contraceptive methods. I didn't have sex til I was 16 and in a steady relationship that lasted 3 years, I had my first baby at 29.

6.Do you think any of these will help reduce the rate of teen pregnancies?
SRE will be the most important in my opinion. People of any age should have a proper understanding about contraception (and many myths persist a long time for many people) and certainly could do with an early education into respectful relationships. Whether or not that would reduce the rate of teen pregnancies I don't know but hopefully it would reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancies and babies born into difficult relationships that might suffer as a consequence.

7.What do you think will reduce the number of teens becoming pregnant?
Keeping the sexes apart until they are 20! lol I honestly don't know and teen pregnancy is not a huge issue for me. People can have unplanned pregnancies at any age. The most important thing is to encourage a supportive environment for anyone having a baby.

1.How old are you? 31

2.Where are you from? Kent

3.Have you heard of ‘condom cards’? No

It is a government scheme where teens are given these cards, it means that they will be able to have free and easy access to contraception.
Do you think this helps reduce teen pregnancies? I would think that it would help to a certain extent, although there are some teenage girls who intentionally fall pregnant.

4.Did you know that in some areas of London the government are trying out a new scheme, ‘over the counter contraception’. It means that children under 16 can go to their pharmacy, speak to a qualified pharmacist and obtain contraception. It is the same procedure as a woman would go through to obtain the morning after pill. What do you think about this idea? I think that it would be beneficial to some girls (and boys)

5.What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies I think it could be better

Possibly

7.What do you think will reduce the number of teens becoming pregnant? The harsh reality of being a teenage mum on benefits (i know not all are on benefits), I think a scheme where school girls and boys could meet teenage parents and hear first hand the harsh reality, the ups and downs may persuade the small number of those intent on being teenage parents to wait a little and to make sure they are in a better position both emotionally and finacially, with some life experience.

1.How old are you? 24

2.Where are you from? Gloucestershire, UK

3.Have you heard of ‘condom cards’? No

Do you think this helps reduce teen pregnancies?

It could do, but it needs to be made more aware of in and out of schools.

4.Did you know that in some areas of London the government are trying out a new scheme, ‘over the counter contraception’. It means that children under 16 can go to their pharmacy, speak to a qualified pharmacist and obtain contraception. It is the same procedure as a woman would go through to obtain the morning after pill. What do you think about this idea?

It could work with some teens but it could do the opposite with others, as some may see it as a " fashion " trend and just copy others Also it gives the impression to younger people that its fine for them to be having underage sex, and they might start taking the pill but stop using condoms. But yet some girls fall pregnant intentionally so its a no win situation really

5.What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies

I think the age of 5 is way too young to learn about things like that.

No

Better education in and out of schools would be a good start. Dont make it so easy to end pregnancies because I think alot of young girls think it doesnt matter if they fall pregnant because they can just " get rid " .... They need to involve young mothers and ask them to attend schools and give talks to teenagers. Schools need people to speak from experience, Teenagers will not listen to there parents or there teachers, They wont read posters or leaflets and they wont watch adverts.... They only really take notice of people closer to there age or have some sort of story to tell!

1.How old are you? 17

2.Where are you from? Wolverhampton

3.Have you heard of ‘condom cards’? Yes

Do you think this helps reduce teen pregnancies? Not really, people are too embarressed to go and get them

This could be a good idea because instead of young people trying to find a sexual health clinic there are pharmacies in places such as boots which would be muh more practical

I think at th age of 5 they are too young. More realistically they should be learning at 8 or 9

No because in my opinion and experience the more people know about sex, the more curious they are to try it and see what everyones going on about

More availability to contraception and school nurses with the power to give out contraception

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->