HI! I'm a first time mummy!

KateyCakes

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant with our first child, after TTC for 6 months.
Wanted some other mummys to share experiences with... :flower:

hi :hi: welcome to baby and bump, im on 12cycle of ttc no1. congrats on the littl one hope you av a very happy and healthy 9 months.xx

Hi hun

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I'm 9 weeks today. Hope you have a easy, healthy 9 months

C xxx

Thanks hun, yeah we are doing ok. Seeing midwife tomoro for booking in appointment. Loads of paperwork no doubt and bloods, fun!!!!

How have you been feeling?

xxxx

I rang the doctors last week to confirm my pregnancy + they didn't even give me an appointment, just passed my details onto the midwife, seemed a little strange to me.

I'm feeling okay at the moment, apart from I don't feel like doing any housework! HA!
Been feeling nauseous for a couple of weeks but other than that I've been well.
How about you? xx

Yeah my docs said that too. Had to be referred to midwife. Very strange! Hopefully you will hear something from them soon.

Pretty much the same as you. Feel sick most of the time but havent been yet (touch wood). Only had slight sickness last time so praying i will be the same. Feel absolutly knackered all the time so my house work has been neglected too lol!!!

Did you plan the pregnancy or was it a suprise?

xxxx

P.S thanks for the add xxx

Yeah, the midwife got in touch with me, got an appointment on 13th Oct, it's ages away yet! I'm impatient! Hahaha!

I haven't been sick yet, but sometimes i wish i could just to stop feeling sick!

It was a bit of both really, we'd been TTC for 5 months + I felt like giving up so we agreed to have a break from trying..
Then this month, although we hadn't been trying, I found out I was pregnant, weird how it happened when we weren't TTC! hehe.

What about you hun? Was yours planned? xxxx

It always seems ages away but it will fly by.

The sickness will get better. I can't wait til 2nd trimester when i start feeling 'normal' again.

A bit of both aswell really. We had put TTC on holf for a few months dueto me having an illness, then i saw my doctor and told we were safe to try again. I must of been ovulating at the same time as got my BFP 2 weeks later. We had previously had a while of trying so it was a bit of a shock it happening so quick.

xxxxx

Awwh congratulations tho :)
I reckon it was stress that stopped us from concieving, I'd just put everything into having a baby, didn't really think about myself etc..
Once I stopped stressing about it, it happened :)
Your not far off 2nd trimester now..
do you have any other children? xxxx

It is amazing how stress can affect TTC

I have an angel daughter, Ellie Mae. She was born premature last Sept and sadly passed away.

The next 31 weeks cant go quick enough for me.

How long have you and your partner been together?

xxxxx

We've been together around about 2 years now. We've been engaged for 1 year in Novemeber.. What about you + your partner?

Sorry for your loss. I bet Ellie Mae is a beautiful girl :) xxx

Thanks hun, but please dont let it worry you. Yeah she was so beautiful and perfect, just born too soon.

We have been together for 5 years this christmas and engaged 1 year aswell in november. Haha spooky!! Are you planning on getting married soon? We would love to but can't afford it. I'm sure we will in a few years.

C xxxx

Can't afford to get married yet, with the new baby coming along! haha!
Yeah, that's really spooky, our anniversary is 9th Nov if that's close to yours? hahahaha! xx

ours is the end of November.
Is your partner pleased about becoming a daddy? I think its hard for them to get used to it til they can feel bubs moving etc.
I've already started looking at everything we need to buy. I know i shouldnt though!!! Just getting organised lol. There's so much nice stuff out there though. I went into Mama's and Papa's last week to get some jeans and i could of bought everything!

xx

Yeah, he's really excited, I know alot of people who had gotten their BFP months before me + he got just as much upset as me when we found out!
He's trying not to let it sink in yet tho, he's more worried than me! haha. What about your partner?
Oh I know, I've seen a beautiful pram in mama's + papa's.
I love to be organised but I suppose it's too early :(
I know how you feel though hehehe xx

Yeah he's excited too, we're are just both a bit worried but taking it day by day. Cant wait for my scan though. Got another 3 1/2 weeks to go.
Everytime i say i feel sick or really tired he worries. Men hey!! At least they care.
Have you told anyone yet about bubs?
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"