Hi just moved from 1st Tri :) due in march 2012..anyone else?

Hey,
This is my first and it a little boy - SO EXCITED!! My OH still not come back from cloud9 since finding out.

Sunflower: Ah men always useful when you need them... i am married to a plumber and yet our shower hasnt worked in years, and our kitchen tap spurts water in every directon other then in the sink. Hope u catch the mouse soon.

Collette: Over the past couple of weeks i can feel him wriggling all the time. Although think he got a special thing for kicking my bladder...i am sure there are other organs in there that he can kick...but no only the bladder.

Have you girls got your names picked out yet? as i am really struggling so many to choose from!!

Hope u feel better.

I am dreading getting a cold - as i get them all the time and normally have a whole load of drugs to keep me going - but now not allowed anything.

Boooo to the cold :-( it should be banned, especially for pregnancy!

We are still trying to catch this ruddy mouse. So far it has eaten the food from the traps and managed not to set them off. Round 1 and 2 to mouse, hopefully round 3 to us!

sun- yuck, hope you catch that mouse hun! they are very clever sometimes. :growlmad:

yoshi- hope you feel better, a cold does not sound fun right now.

mummy- we picked out the middle name a ways back after my dad, but recently came up with the first name. he is gonna be mason thomas. he is our 6th baby, we have 2 girls and 3 boys-4 boys with him.

alyana irene
felicia nicole
peyton michael
jaxon keely
nathon daniel
mason thomas

We have never had mice because we have cats. So we never get them, in the house anyway.

This is the first ever mouse we have ever had in our life. It is a sneaky one for sure. I am soo stressed right now it is unreal. I think it is a baby and i am trying to be humane as possible, but my hormones are wanting to take a sledgehammer to it then chuck it in the river x

yoshi- i used to have a cat that would bring live mice home so he could box them around before he killed them. he would also kill birds and leave them on our porch.

forgot to say collette- i talked to dr friday and the lab they send things out to doesnt do the test that needed done so that lab sent it to a bigger lab. its a rare test, so will still be a couple days. im hoping by monday i have an answer, but it could be further in the week. im trying not to think of it much this weekend. its easier said than done though, i just want my lil guy to be healthy.

sun- we had a mouse and we tried to use the humane catchers for months. finally i decided it had to go either way. i had little ones and they are a filthy creature. it really grossed me out that it was running around pooping and my little ones would drop snacks and pick them up and eat them before i could stop them. there is so many diseases that mice can spread. we just bought the snapping traps and within a few minutes, he was out of my house. i dont even play anymore. as harsh as it sounds, if we get another its gonna get snapped for sure!

It was more i didnt want to see a mouse bent in half in a trap. I think the issue was my Husband home made trap want a trap at all as it could run back out. And the proper traps didn't go off as the nuts rolled forward so it made the trap useless. My Husband went out out got peanut butter *shudders* so that is smeared right on the back of the traps so that they will work properly now.

We have poison but i want to try the peanut butter first as i dont want it going off dying behind a cupboard.

My Husband wants to tape the box up once the mouse is in it and throw it in the bin while it is alive (yucky lol)

we used these boxes that are made to lure the mouse in to the back of it and the lid closes and they cant get back out. i watched the mouse keep the door open with his tail though and take the cheese! then we used these sticky paper traps and i woke up to mouse hair on the sticky paper. like he really just let it rip off him to get away! we couldnt really use the poison for two reasons. one was what you said, i didnt want him to go somewhere and die where i would have to look for his stinky body. the other was that i didnt want my kids to get a hold of the poison.

i didnt want to see it bent in half either at first, which is why we tried so many things. i do have to admit though, by the time we did kill it with the snap trap i was so happy to be rid of it i didnt care.

good thinking on the peanut butter, it works so much better :thumbup:

we googled on the peanut butter hehe. This mouse is tiny compared to the trap so the tail should go in all the way for sure for it to get at the food. There best not be a next time but if there is i sure am going straight to the shop for a snap trap! I feel soo ill from today it is unreal. x

yoshi- i used to have a cat that would bring live mice home so he could box them around before he killed them. he would also kill birds and leave them on our porch.

forgot to say collette- i talked to dr friday and the lab they send things out to doesnt do the test that needed done so that lab sent it to a bigger lab. its a rare test, so will still be a couple days. im hoping by monday i have an answer, but it could be further in the week. im trying not to think of it much this weekend. its easier said than done though, i just want my lil guy to be healthy.

Are cats are never outside.

Are cats are never outside.

lol after that cat we had 2 inside cats that acted scared of mice :haha: i had never seen a cat hunker down in fear of a mouse, but these two did. we have no animals now, i miss having cats they are so funny

Soo still not caught. I managed to force myself to get some sleep in the bedroom. The door was closed, but the traps not gone off and food still untouched, so either it has moved room or was full from yesterday.

I feel soo ill from all of this. I just want it caught but it has gone quiet and into hiding so i have no idea where it is :-(

Okay so i was laying on the bed when i heard a scratching, so i thought at least i know it is still in the bedroom and not moved to another room :thumbup: I gently moved so i could try and see it and realised it was at the trap. The trap door flipped and i saw the door go down :happydance: Please pray it is in it. I cannot hear it in the room and we dont want to open the trap until a bit away from the house and it is not obvious if it is in the trap or not :growlmad:

I just want this to be over already and i don't want to be let down after thinking this is it, it is over :cry::wacko:

Wow who knew there was so many ways to catch/kill a mouse.

Aw bless actually having a cat scared of mouse...not good. We seemed to have inherited a cat from a neighbour who leaves us dead mice and birds on our door step nearly every morning. Lovely thing to wake up to!

Fingers crosses you caught it.

Icky, that is always a good reason not to get a cat, although i know several people that their cats always bring in live prey :-S

My Husband is yet to go and release the trap, until then i am still on edge, i just want it all over and done with so i can sleep lots, and then clean everything it may have come into contact with! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->